- The code 43 error is specific to AMD and it's mostly caused by outdated graphics card drivers.
- Quickly and seamlessly keep your GPU and other drivers updated by using a third-party app.
- Installing special software from AMD instead of your current drivers will also solve the AMD code 43 error.
- Users have also reported they got rid of the AMD Radeon code 43 error with the Windows hardware troubleshooter.
Updating to Windows 10 isn’t always simple, and sometimes issues can emerge during or after the update.
Speaking of issues, Windows 10 users reported Error code 43 while using AMD graphic card on Windows 10. What’s the cause of Error code 43, and how to fix it?
AMD Error code 43 can be problematic and cause certain issues with your graphics card. Speaking of this error, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- AMD Radeon code 43 Windows 10, 8, 7
- This issue can appear on any version of Windows, but you should be able to fix this problem by using the solutions from this article.
- Graphics device driver error code 43
- Sometimes this problem can occur due to your drivers, but you should be able to fix this problem simply by reinstalling them.
- AMD display driver error 43
- In some cases, this problem can appear due to AMD software. Simply uninstall it completely and install Radeon: Crimson ReLive software.
- AMD RX 570, 470 error 43
- This issue usually affects RX series of graphics cards, but you should be able to fix the problem using one of our solutions.
How do I fix AMD Error code 43 on Windows 10?
1. Make sure that your drivers are up to date
- Press the Windows Key + S to open the Windows search box.
- Next, type in Device Manager.
- Go to the Display Drivers section and expand it.
- Right-click on your AMD GPU and select Update driver.
- Now Windows will search and install the latest driver it will find.
Error code 43 appears if your AMD graphic card drivers aren’t up to date, and in order to fix this issue, we strongly advise you to update your graphics card drivers.
You can do that by using the Device Manager, as shown above, or by visiting AMD’s website, locating your graphics card, and downloading the latest drivers for it.
After installing the latest drivers Error code 43 should be fixed. Keep in mind that you need to know your AMD GPU model before you go to their site and download the drivers.
Update drivers automatically
Using the Device Manager is not the most reliable method to update your drivers since it will not always find the latest available versions, especially recent releases.
One simple way to update the drivers automatically without the need to manually find your GPU model and the compatible driver on their site is to use a third-party app.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Uninstall your display driver and install the latest version
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the menu.
- When Device Manager opens, locate the Display adapters section and expand it.
- Locate your driver, right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
- Select Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and install the latest driver.
Some users claim that updating your driver is not enough, and in order to fix the problem, you first need to uninstall the display driver completely and then download the latest driver.
3. Check if your graphics card is supported
- Press the Windows Key + S and type run.
- In the run search box, type dxdiag.
- Open dxdiag, then go to the Display section.
- Check the name of your GPU.
- Search for a list with Windows 10 compatible GPUs and check if yours is listed.
Some older AMD graphic cards, such as AMD Radeon 4000 aren’t supported by Windows 10, and if you’re using one of these older graphics cards, we strongly advise you to upgrade it.
4. Uninstall AMD drivers and install Radeon Software: Crimson ReLive Edition
- Go to the AMD’s Support & Drivers page and manually select the driver.
- Now click Download previous Drivers and Software.
- Select an older version of Crimson ReLive Edition. Users suggested using version 17.2.1, but you can use a newer version, just don’t use the latest.
- Now click on Optional Downloads and download the AMD Chipset drivers.
- Install the Radeon Software: Crimson ReLive Edition and restart your PC.
As we already mentioned, AMD Error code 43 can be caused by your drivers, and in order to fix the problem, it’s advised to remove all AMD software from your PC.
To ensure that the software is completely removed, we suggest using uninstaller software. After you remove all files associated with AMD software, you need to install Radion Crimson ReLive Edition.
After installing this software, the problem should be completely resolved.
5. Uninstall drivers for your dedicated and integrated graphics
According to users, AMD Error code 43 can occur due to issues with your drivers, and sometimes both your dedicated and integrated graphics card can be the problem.
According to users, you can fix this problem by uninstalling drivers for both your AMD and integrated graphics.
Once you enter BIOS, turn off your AMD dedicated graphics. Save changes and go back to Windows.
Once you enter Windows, install the drivers for your integrated graphics. Now go back to BIOS and turn on your AMD graphics. Install the driver for AMD graphics, restart your PC and the problem should be resolved.
This is a bit complicated solution, but some users claim that it works, so you might want to try it out.
6. Install your graphics card drivers manually
- Go to AMD’s website and download the latest drivers for your graphics.
- Once you download the drivers, run the setup file to extract them.
- If the installation stops automatically, be sure to cancel it.
- If the drivers are coming in an archive, just extract the archive to your PC.
- After doing that, open Device Manager.
- Locate your AMD device on the list, right-click it and choose Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click the Browse button.
- Now select the extracted directory from Step 2.
- After doing that, click Next to proceed.
Sometimes AMD Error code 43 can appear while trying to install the graphics card driver on your PC. However, you can circumvent this issue simply by installing the latest driver manually on your PC.
After doing that, the driver will be manually installed and the problem should be completely resolved.
7. Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app.
- To do that, you can just use Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Settings app will now open. Navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left. Choose Hardware and Devices and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
If you’re getting AMD Error code 43, you might be able to solve it simply by running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Windows comes with many built-in troubleshooters, and you can use them to automatically fix common problems on your PC.
Once the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is still there. Troubleshooter isn’t the most reliable solution, but it can sometimes fix minor issues, so be sure to try it out.
8. Flash your graphics card firmware
Before we start, we have to mention that this is quite a risky procedure, but few users reported that they fixed AMD Error code 43 simply by flashing their graphics card firmware to the older version.
Before we start, we have to mention that this procedure is extremely risky, and if you’re not careful you can permanently damage your graphics card, therefore use extra caution.
To do that, you need to use AMD/ATI ATIFlash software and find the appropriate version of BIOS for your graphics card. This is an advanced solution, and you should use it only if other solutions can’t fix the problem.
As we already mentioned, this is a risky procedure, and we’re not responsible for any potential damage that might occur.
9. Install the latest Windows updates
In some cases, AMD Error code 43 can appear because you don’t have the latest updates installed on your PC. Bugs in Windows 10 can occur, and in order to fix the issue, it’s advised that you install the latest updates.
Windows will now check for available updates. If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background and installed as soon as you restart your PC. After your PC is up to date, check if the problem is still there.
AMD Error Code 43 can be caused by an outdated AMD graphic card driver or incompatible AMD graphic card, and in most cases, the best solution is to just update your display driver or your GPU.
Try out these solutions and tell us which one solved your problem, or give u any tips regarding the subject in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the AMD Error Code 43 can be caused by an outdated AMD graphic card driver or an incompatible AMD graphics card. That being the case, consider upgrading it with some of the models presented in this guide.
The easiest way to update your drivers is by using automatic methods. For more information on the matter, check out this detailed guide.
No. There are plenty of other GPU manufacturers out there, one big name being Nvidia. Here is an awesome list of the best Nvidia GPUs you can get right now.