Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- An unknown error may occur due to network issues, game component problems, etc. on DBD.
- You may face this problem on any platform, including Windows, Xbox, or PlayStation.
- Though updating the game file or changing DNS may help, you still should follow the other methods from this article too.
If you have been tired of finding solutions for an unknown error that has occurred on the game Dead by Daylight, you are at the right place. This article has featured the best ways to troubleshoot this error.
Do you have a passion for multiplayer and horror games? If yes, you are probably playing Dead by Daylight. It is one of the most exciting MP games in the industry. However, the excitement fades away when you face problems while playing this title.
The unknown error has occurred is one of the common and mysterious problems in this game. It may occur every time before starting a match or during the gameplay.
If you want to fix this problem, you should know the reasons before that. It will help to troubleshoot the issue in a better way.
Why does dead by daylight keep saying an unknown error has occurred?
Even though this problem has been bugging gamers around for a few years, the reasons are still unclear in the community. However, our team has found some possible causes.
These are network problems, incorrect time and date, and outdated or corrupted components, etc. There may be other reasons as well.
If you can take care of these things, you will be able to fix this unknown error with Dead by Daylight easily. You will learn how to do it in the next part of this article.
How do I fix an unknown error has occurred on Dead by Daylight?
1. Update the game
- Open the game launcher like Steam or the one where you have purchased the game.
- Click on the Dead by Daylight.
- It should automatically update the game.
2. Correct Time and date
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Go to Time & language and click on Date & time.
- Enable Set time automatically and ensure that the Time zone is in the correct state.
If necessary, restart your PC after making the above changes. Then, try to run the Dead by Daylight. Hopefully, you won’t face the unexpected problem again.
3. Reset network
- Go to Windows settings like before.
- Go to Network & internet.
- Click on Advanced network settings.
- Go to Network reset.
- Click on Reset now and follow any on-screen steps.
You also should consider updating the network driver and taking other steps to solve any network-related issues. We have a different section for this type of problem. Visit this Network issues page to get a lot of relevant troubleshooting guides.
4. Use better DNS
- Go to Windows Settings.
- Go to Network & internet as shown before.
- Click on the connection you are using, like Ethernet.
- Next, click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Set it Manual and enable IPv4 or IPv6 depending on the DNS you are trying to use.
- Type your preferred DNS addresses and click on Save.
If you don’t know any good DNS server addresses, use 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
After making the changes, make sure to flush the DNS on Windows. If necessary, restart your device. Then, see if it fixes Dead by Daylight: An unknown error has occurred or not.
5. Verify the integrity of the game files
- Open Steam.
- Right-click on the Dead by Daylight and go to its Properties.
- Go to Local files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
If you face this problem due to some game components problem, doing the above things will fix it. If not, follow the next solution.
6. Try on a different network
In many cases, this unknown error with Dead by Daylight occurs due to network-related issues. So, if you encounter this problem frequently on your home network, I suggest you try a different network, like using a mobile network, and see what happens.
If your existing ISP fails to provide a good gaming experience, these VPNs can save you from very sluggish online gaming performance.
Why does dead by daylight say Cannot connect to store?
When DBD cannot connect to the store, it is clearly a network-related problem. However, there may be something else as well.
If the anti-cheat software is outdated and cannot work properly with Steam, you will encounter store connectivity issues. The same problem may appear on Xbox and PlayStation too. The primary solution is to update the game regularly to the latest version.
If you use a pirated copy of the game, the problem may appear more as you cannot keep your game up to date regularly. As a result, you will face an unknown error has occurred or cannot connect to store-like errors more on DBD.
So, you should always use a genuine copy of the game for your safety and to avoid unwanted problems.
This article has featured the best ways to fix an unknown error has occurred in the Dead by Daylight game. If you know any other methods that may help, let us know in the comment box.