8 Best Antiviruses for Atom Processors
Keep all you data safe on your notebook with the best antivirus
- The best antivirus for notebooks based on Atom CPU should not have high resource demands.
- Most antiviruses below have a low impact on the processor and provide protection against all kinds of viruses.
- We also found a few free solutions that keep your computer safe from malware without slowing it.
- Our top picks include antiviruses for Atom processors that are cloud-based, scan your PC really fast, and offer high protection against cyber-attacks.
The Atom processor made it possible for PCs to hit really low prices even below $200. The list of Amazon’s best-selling notebooks is currently dominated by lots of inexpensive systems that sell well.
There’s a wide range of laptops with Intel Atom CPUs available from various top brands. To maintain security at its max, you will need a lightweight antivirus that’s appropriate for an Atom processor.
There are lots of antivirus tools for Atom processors on the market, but we chose the best that works excellently on computers running Windows just to make your choice much more relaxed.
In this article, we will present you with the best antivirus for netbooks with Atom CPU. Check them out and get the one that seems to work best for you.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
Prevent data breaches and malware infections with user-friendly controls.
Do you need virus protection on a notebook?
Yes, you need to have virus protection on all your devices that can be connected to the internet. You never know when you are at risk of being infected.
Since you are using a laptop, antivirus software will keep all your work and documents safe. Since you are probably doing a lot of research and browsing the web, an antivirus will stop all viruses.
What is the best antivirus for notebooks with Atom CPUs?
ESET Internet Security – Most comprehensive set of features
ESET Internet Security is one of the best antivirus solutions that you can install and use on an Atom computer.
Its Gaming Mode will postpone any system updates and notifications are to save resources for gaming, video, photos, or presentations.
Other great features that are worth mentioning include:
- Provides proactive protection against all types of threats and prevents malware from spreading
- Blocks attacks specifically designed to evade antivirus detection
- Detects attacks by malicious scripts that try to exploit Windows PowerShell
- Eliminates ransomware
- Decreases scanning time by scanning files during the download process
ESET Internet SecurityUse one of the best antiviruses, that is lightweight and won’t slow down your Atom computer.
Avira – Great free antivirus with antimalware features
Another great antivirus that might be a good choice for your Atom-powered PC is Avira. This antivirus comes in several versions, and the free version can block various online threats.
In addition to malware protection, it can block ads and scan your home network for any vulnerabilities. Avira also has a privacy overview feature, so it’s perfect if you want to protect your privacy.
In order to help you enhance the security of your online accounts, avira has a password manager that will automatically generate and memorize secure passwords for you.
Avira can protect you from identity theft, and it will let you know if any of your personal data has been published online.
Overall, Avira Antivirus offers solid protection, and since this isn’t a demanding application, it should be able to run even if you’re using an Atom processor.
- Malware and ransomware protection
- Privacy and anti-phishing protection
- Password manager
- Ability to remove junk files
- Identity theft protection
- Built-in VPN
AviraWith one of the smallest footprints, this is also a great choice for a PC with Atom processor.
Kaspersky Standard – Best real-time antimalware prevention
Kaspersky is one of the best-known and highly ranked by users antimalware software worldwide.
However, Kaspersky is easy to use thanks to its user-friendly interface. Additionally, once installed, this anti-malware software sets up a toolbar on your web browser to provide additional security while browsing the web.
In addition, Kaspersky also conducts regular updates of its malware database in the background.
Besides, Kaspersky provides great value for its antimalware features in comparison with other free antimalware for notebooks.
On the other hand, you can try out this tool for a free trial period of 30-days. It is important to note that the premium version is all-inclusive and detailed.
Check out its best features below:
- Searches out Windows vulnerabilities and threats
- Isolates and removes immediate dangers
- Network attack blocker and anti-ransomware
- An advanced antimalware feature that removes threats including spyware, adware, keyloggers, XSS attacks, and more
- Easy to use and maintain
Kaspersky StandardAdvanced antimalware protection for increased security and data safety.
Panda Dome – Most user-friendly and intuitive
Panda’s cloud solution is the very first of its kind. This antivirus solution is built in order to be able to take advantage of cloud computing’s power.
Since all the hard work is done in the cloud, you will not even notice that the program is there. All you have to do is install it and forget about it.
You will not have to worry about updates, settings, complex configuration, and more details ever again.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Check out the essential features that are included in Panda Dome:
- This tool does not download any virus definition
- This is a fast, light software that is ideal for notebook users
- It’s also important to note that the CPU use of the Panda Dome is extremely low
- The memory footprint is around 8MB when the program is idle
- Panda Dome will keep your notebook protected even when you are not connected to the cloud
- The program keeps a local cache of signature files
- Panda Dome has a massive user base that contributes significantly to the cloud
Panda DomePanda will provide maximum protection with low CPU requirements using the power of the cloud.
Webroot – Best lightweight browser protection
This is an excellent lightweight antivirus that makes sure that none of your files are left unprotected and vulnerable to attacks.
This tool does not require any signature updates, and it only needs a small space on your disk, unlike other antivirus programs.
Webroot also comes with a version that’s ideal for protecting your business by offering multi-vector protection for endpoints and networks and cloud-based threat intelligence services.
Take a look at the most important features included in Webroot:
- The software is easy to install and use
- It is able to scan your computer really fast, and it offers high protection against all kinds of cyber-attacks
- Webroot offers cloud-based protection that stops threats in real-time
- It can secure both individuals and businesses
- Webroot comes for home and home office to protect your computers
WebrootWith cloud-based protection that stops threats in real-time, Webroot is a great tool for your Atom processor.
Avast Free Antivirus – Simple and easy-to-use free antivirus
This is one of the best free antiviruses and it provides lightweight and intuitive protection that is powered by a community of more than 400 million users.
This tool is able to provide next-generation cybersecurity for every user. It also offers intelligent threat detection and also enhanced security for your browser, passwords, and network as well.
All Avast security products are light, fast and they come with powerful features in order to give you the best protection that’s easy to use.
Cyber threats are increasing every day, and that’s why cybersecurity must also be always up to date. Avast is able to provide a shield for cyberattacks in real-time.
Take a look at the most important functionalities that this antivirus software features:
- It can stop even the most determined hackers from attacking your computer
- The Webcam Shield protects your built-in camera from all kinds of hidden spies
- The Ransomware Shield will make sure that your file won’t be encrypted without your permission
- This is a free antivirus tool that provides real-time protection
- Avast is easy to install and use
- Using Avast, you will be able to stay focused on your own business, while the software manages your security
- Avast antivirus will not slow down your computer
Avast Free AntivirusUse a free antivirus tool that provides real-time protection, and works great on Intel Atom processors.
Microsoft Security Essentials – Most basic malware protection
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free antivirus from Microsoft, and it works excellent on notebooks. Even if users might be surprised that Microsoft is giving away a great product for free, this is happening indeed.
It uses minimal system resources, and it manages to provide comprehensive protection against malware, viruses, and rootkit as well.
This program provides real-time protection, and it also offers authentic updates to maintain its virus signature database up to date.
Check out the best features that are included in this software:
- One of the best features of Microsoft Security Essentials is that it is very low on your system resources
- If you use Microsoft Security Essentials on your notebook, it will not hog it down
- This tool also provides comprehensive security protection
- Microsoft Security Essentials is able to protect your notebooks against viruses, spyware, malware, and more malicious software
Immunet – Great cloud antivurs protection
Immunet is a malware and antivirus protection system that uses cloud computing in order to offer users enhanced community-based security.
Community-based security is able to help with threat detection for all users. If this software detects a threat on one member’s system, it will instantly block this threat from attacking the whole community.
You can protect your friends and family by also inviting them to join the free Immunet Community.
Each of the community’s members is able to bolster data analysis in order to provide the most updated and comprehensive protection for your computer.
If a community member comes into contact with a virus or malware, Immunet will automatically add that protection to the rest of the community.
Check out more features of this antivirus below:
- Immunet Cloud offers fast and real-time online protection for all users
- It provides community-level protection
- Another great feature of Immunet is the basic detection and removal of viruses, bots, Trojans, worms, spyware, and keyloggers as well
- The basic networking scanning includes Quick Scan, On-Demand Scan, and On-Access Scan
- The file management and protection feature provide the possibility to scan individual files, exclude files, scan compressed data, and also quarantine infected files
- Immunet also offers clear documentation with History and report Logging
- This tool is compatible with various existing antivirus software for an increased level of protection
These are five of the best antivirus programs targeted at computers using Atom processors that are guaranteed to increase your device’s security to the max.
If you want to discover more great tools to protect your PC that have unlimited validity, don’t hesitate to check our guide including the best lifetime license antivirus tools.
It’s best to head to their official websites and check out the complete set of features included in every software, and after that, you’ll be able to decide which one is the best for your security needs.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.