- Worried about Windows Server safety? Let us tell you from the start that there are several dedicated antivirus solutions to pick from.
- VIPRE Endpoint Protection is, in our opinion, the most powerful enterprise security solution.
- Take a closer look at our Windows Server Guides for more useful information.
- Bookmark our Antivirus Software Hub for quick tips on how to protect your digital assets.
Your company must be storing sensitive, valuable, and confidential data on a Windows file server.
So we’re asking: are your security tools strong enough to protect your information from unauthorized access?
Whatever security software you are running, you still need a strong enterprise antivirus for Windows Server.
The need for high-level security is one of the priority concerns for IT experts and professionals today. Especially since emerging new threats coupled with high profile security breaches continue to hit the headlines.
Such security exposures can be costly in terms of fixing the damages. As they can be disastrous for your company and clients.
So knowing that any technology is at risk of being compromised means you need to find ways to combat it before it strikes.
Common Windows Server security exposures include weak passwords, neglecting malware protection and security patches, and shared permissions, among others.
You need strong protection to harden and lock down your servers. And that is what this post is all about.
Here you can find the best antivirus for Windows Server you can get.
What are the best antivirus for Windows Server 2016?
In an enterprise network, endpoints are the most exposed to threats of all kinds, and VIPRE Endpoint Protection has a priority in protecting them.
This solution is powered by advanced machine learning, real-time analysis for software behavior, and a threat intelligence network.
Besides an impenetrable barrier for the outside threats, VIPRE Endpoint Protection also monitors the Internet usage policies with safeguards systems and controls.
Apart from the powerful protection against Zero-day threats and ransomware, this smart solution comes with additional device control and patch management for endpoints.
When you’re an IT manager, you want to have access to quick situation assessment and the built-in dynamic dashboards deliver a comprehensive look at the status of the network.
With VIPRE Endpoint Protection it’s extremely easy to manage both PC and Macs, control settings, and get reports, all from a single point.
And the best part is that all this is available for trial so you can make the best decision for your enterprise.
VIPRE Endpoint ProtectionThe best enpoint protection comes from an easy to use, powerful tool, VIPRE Endpoint Protection!
Bitdefender Gravity Zone is an incredibly powerful enterprise security solution for both medium-sized and large companies.
As a top pick antivirus for Windows Server, it offers layered protection for your endpoints. Bitdefender’s Process Inspector constantly monitors running processes for signs of malware.
All laptops, desktops, and servers benefit from advanced memory protection, quarantine/rollback features, and automatic updates.
That’s how all your sensitive data is safe from all known and emerging threats and no cybercriminals could end up exploiting network vulnerabilities.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Adaptive-layered architecture that includes prevention, detection, and remediation
- Network-based security against threats like Network Exploits
- All security features are centralized into a single console
- Accurate results based on machine learning and event correlation
Bitdefender Gravity ZoneGet a new level of protection for your company’s desktops and servers with Bitdefender Gravity Zone!
Kaspersky’s security offers the best antivirus for Windows Server in today’s complex corporate IT networks, which need the highest and top levels of protection.
A single piece of malware can spread across all nodes, disrupting business processes, and destroying your IT infrastructure.
File servers need dedicated storage security solutions that protect critical data against emerging new threats while performing continuously under the heaviest load conditions with minimal impact on resources.
Kaspersky Security for Windows Server is designed to protect complex networks and help ensure your most valuable corporate resources are secured effectively and efficiently.
You’ll benefit from a highly stable Windows server solution with superior security and wide-ranging compatibility to protect heterogeneous environments.
You’ll clearly save time and money with centralized management, and advanced protection with its Powerful Application Startup Control combined with Global Security Intelligence and Anti-Cryptor.
Eset file security for Microsoft Windows Server protects all your sensitive files running on Windows operating system.
This cross-platform antimalware protection safeguards against shared-file and host-system infection, with the Eset NOD32 Technology working with Exploit Blocker and Advanced Memory Scanner to neutralize sophisticated threats.
Some benefits you can enjoy with this best antivirus for Windows server include low system demands, and remote management fully manageable via the Eset Remote Administrator web console.
You also get data protection with specialized cleaners, optimization for virtual environments, storage scans, log collection, simple licensing, and customizable GUI visibility.
Avast delivers a next-gen antivirus perfectly suited to protect your business data, network, endpoints, and Windows servers.
In other words, Avast Business Antivirus Pro takes care of your entire infrastructure and provides end-to-end protection for your business.
With features specifically designed for Windows servers, Avast brings you all the powerful tools to secure the integrity of your digital assets.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Native protection solutions for Sharepoint and Exchange Servers
- Advanced scans aimed not only to keep threats away but also to improve productivity by removing slow processes
- Seamless integration with your business’s infrastructure and easy installation
- Centralized management system to save you both time and resources
- Enhanced, ultimate-generation cloud-based technology perfectly adapted to protect your assets without impacting network security
Avira for Business is one complete security solution to provide the best-in-class protection for both your server and your network.
By integrating powerful, cutting-edge protection technologies with versatile management solutions, Avira can significantly reduce your admin workload while enhancing your server’s performance.
Needless to say that by deploying a proper server security solution, you can prevent disastrous scenarios in which your data, network, or traffic are compromised and run hassle-free business operations.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Comprehensive security suite to protect your servers, clients, and Exchange servers
- Protect your File Server against malware infections and other cyber threats
- Secure all confidential data stored on your servers
- Prevent viruses from spreading through your network
- Lightweight solution that does not take up a lot of resources
- Behavior-based virus detection to salvage your server before being compromised
Which of these best antivirus solutions for Windows Server are you ready to try out?
Let us know your top pick by leaving a comment in the section below.
FAQ: Learn more about the most inspired antivirus choices
- Does Windows Server need antivirus?
- Should I turn off Windows Defender?
If you intend to install one of the best antivirus solutions with a free trial version, then don’t hesitate to disable Windows Defender.
- Is free antivirus enough?
Even if you’re short on cash, it may not be a wise idea to rely on a free antivirus. If you’re determined to do so, choose one of these trustworthy free antivirus software solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.