8 best antivirus for Windows Vista
Are you a Windows Vista user worried about the choice of antivirus to use? This post is meant for you.
Since Windows Vista OS is one of the oldest Windows OS but it is still relevant. Meanwhile, there are several antivirus software’s suitable for Windows Vista operating system.
Note: In case you already have an Antivirus on your PC but you’re still interested in your online protection, we recommend downloading and installing NordVPN (USA’s Nr.1 VPN). It hides your IP and keeps your personal data away from thieves. Over 4000 servers worldwide users protect their browsing and personal data from attacks using NordVPN.
Bitdefender Total Security 2018
This security software protects against malware very well on all these devices. It is compatible with Windows Vista. It can be gotten with a 30 days free trial. Within this period, you can check its features to know if it suits your taste.
- It has a multiplatform system. All your devices can be secured at the same license.
- It comes with various security tools for all the platforms, such as anti-theft tools and parental controls, and Bitdefender’s password manager can also be used on Windows computers.
- It offers protection from ransomeware.
- Bitdefender provides multi-device protection for $10 to $30 which is lesser than other products.
- Good for file encryption.
- Quick product updates.
- Strong firewall.
- It offers safe pay during online transactions and various e-commerce activities.
- It takes quite some time to have knowledge of all the features.
- It is expensive. 5 computers for 2 years cost $307.50 while 50 computers cost $1740.
- Poor customer support.
- Auto-renewal complaints.
Avast Pro Antivirus
First of all, Avast Pro Antivirus does not require much introduction. Because it is quite popular among many users and one of the best security software available for Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit).
- It has the Wi-Fi-Scanner which continuously investigates and removes potential threats from your router and network.
- A modern UI
- Very light on the system.
- Good detection of malware capabilities.
- A customizable installer.
- It does not have parental control.
- Too many ads.
- After one of use, you are required to have an account.
- Anti-ransom ware module is needed.
- Lacks great signatures for real world protection.
- Web plug-in contain ads.
Download now Avast from the official website
- It optimizes the speed of your system very much.
- Its operations can be tuned, including unused applications, visual effects and others.
- It scans fast.
- Great storage zones for sensitive files.
- It has a dashboard which enables the monitoring of devices health.
- Great price. So many devices can be gotten with just one price.
- It has a well integrated interface.
- It does not have the best malware protection.
- It has a user interface whose upselling is quite heavy.
Download now AVG Ultimate from the official website
Avira is a completely built security package that not only blocks malware, but also guarantees maximum security to your web browser and wipes away traces online for free. Avira is compatible with the Windows Vista operating system.
- It has an anti-ransomware which prevents the encrypting of ransomware on your data.
- It has a great device control; this enables you to have control over which removable devices can be connected to your system.
- Sleek GUI
- It has a great cloud engine.
- It’s offline engine is great
- Non-zero threats have excellent detection.
- Unconfirmed pop-up’s
- Browser launcher uses too much memory.
- Zero-day protection is very poor.
- It lacks web shields and firewall.
- Heuristic protection is very weak.
- It lacks sandboxing technology.
Kaspersky Internet Security
This security software has a strong firewall which can give your system maximum protection against unknown connections. It has an anti-malware security suitable to detect viruses before they infect your PC.
- Effective anti-phishing software.
- It has an advanced disinfection scan.
- It has a firewall with powerful application control.
- Automated security patching.
- Webcam protection and so many other bonus features.
- RAM usage is low.
- Mediocre scores in hands-on malware protection tests.
- It slows down the operating system.
- The database update is slow.
Download now Kaspersky from the official website
- Read Also: Top 6 truly free antivirus you can download
ESET Smart Security Premium
ESET Smart Security Premium is one of the best security software in the world. Several IT security organizations have validated their products. This security software provides a very light system load and so many useful features such as virtual keyboard, network scanner, and good webcam protection. It is compatible with the Windows Vista.
- Efficient antivirus engine; when scanning for malware, it is very fast.
- It has a very efficient firewall module which gives maximum protection against network attacks.
- A strong browser.
- Very easy-to-use security software.
- It has a great interface which is very easy to understand.
- Advanced settings and great information.
- It gives you the best detection, speed balance and usability.
- The speed of your network and transfers carried out on the internet can be reduced.
- It does not bundle VPN service which improves security when making use of public Wi-Fi networks.
This security software is the best for browser protection and also has one of the best antiviruses for Windows. It is compatible with the Windows OS-Windows Vista. It can protect your devices from ransomware, Trojans and viruses and keeps all your banking connection secured.
- You receive instant notification immediately viruses are detected so that you can get rid of them instantly.
- It has an antivirus which protects your privacy and security; all your devices are safe from virus and spyware.
- It has family rules. With just one subscription, you can protect your family and set great boundaries for your children’s device use.
- It has a device finder. You can easily locate, lock or erase your device.
- It can protect multiple Windows devices at the same time.
- It effectively manages users and devices.
- It does not scan USB-connected devices or drives.
- In the F-Secure portal there is no remote configuration control.
- The components of Windows suite have an uneven quality.
This is certainly one of the best free antivirus programs available. It has a proprietary Defense technology that usually assumes an unknown file is a potential threat which makes it almost 100% effective. It is compatible with Windows Vista.
- It contains a full range of detection engines for spyware, viruses, rootkits, and other malwares.
- It can effectively scan the PC’s memory after the computer first starts up.
- 64-bit program versions are available for users of 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- It has a neat user interface and attractive GUI skins.
- It has one of the best firewalls.
- Beginners find it difficult to use.
- Weak AV module and signatures.
- Automatic sandboxing of legitimate files.
- No proper information of how several modules work.
- Bug fixing is usually slow.
All the antivirus mention in this post are suitable for Windows Vista. All that is needed is just click on the download link of the antivirus that suits the need. In addition, all the Antivirus are genuine, easy to get and reliable.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Best antivirus for Windows Vista to use in 2018
Game streaming enables players to stream games from consoles so they can play them on alternative devices. Microsoft announced at E3 that its building a […]
Download Windows 10 Fall Creators Update KB4343897 Download Windows 10 Creators Update KB4343885 Download Windows 10 Anniversary Update KB4343887 If you still haven’t upgraded to the Windows 10 April Update and […]