6 best antivirus with antispam to get rid of all the junk emails
Spam is one of the most annoying and dangerous things you can get in your mail that not only clogs it up with unwanted material but also takes up too much time trying to eliminate.
It is officially the established name for the volumes of emails that either promote pills, weird stocks and other questionable stuff, and nobody likes such things taking up their space in their inboxes.
However, you cannot avoid such unsolicited bulk or junk messages, but you can get the best antivirus with antispam to deal with it before it checks in.
Antivirus with antispam has become increasingly important because research (2010) shows that 1 in 284 emails contain malware, 91 percent contain links, and 2 out of 3 spam messages are related to pharmaceuticals.
To better filter your emails, you can install a dedicated email scanning software.
With such information in mind, it’s about time you got yourself an antivirus with antispam to deal with those annoying junk messages once, for all.
6 best antivirus with antispam
1. BitDefender (recommended)
This is one of the top antivirus with antispam feature, which was launched for Windows Workstations.
BitDefender’s AntiSpam feature incorporates three different proprietary modules so your inbox can be spam-free:
- Whitelist-blacklist, used to block mail from known spammer domains, and accept mail from known legitimate addresses.
- Heuristic filter, which performs tests on all message components, looking for words, phrases, links or other spammy characteristics.
- Bayesian (learning) module, which can be trained to know which messages are spam, and which ones aren’t. It classifies messages by gathering statistical data on the rate at which specific words and structures appear in spam, or legitimate mail, and comparing new messages based on these patterns, to catch close to 100% of the spam.
This is a quality and mature antispam product, with lots of effort put into its development so as to get it right the first time. Internal tests and beta tester reports reveal that this antivirus with antispam achieves excellent spam detection rates.
BitDefender AntiSpam 7 works with any mail program, including Outlook and Outlook Express, which has a toolbar that lets you configure and train the tool directly from your mail client interface.
BitDefender also has the Free Antispam for Mail Services that provides essential features for increased organizational productivity by blocking spam.
Its award winning antispam engines provide antiphishing, content and attachment filtering, plus it is easy to install and has a user friendly web-based interface with a powerful command line management system.
The BullGuard Spamfilter is one of the best antivirus with antispam as it protects and fights against a clogged up inbox. It checks each mail to determine its genuineness, or whether it is a spam or phishing attempt.
Owing to collective user input, this filter updates constantly to block even the most recent known types of spam.
Its internet security feature is comprehensive, with a stack of powerful features that has been successful in all tests whether for spam, malware or other threats, so you can trust it is a safe product.
It has scored highly and excellently in antivirus lab scores, malware-blocking tests, malicious URL blocking score, and antiphishing scores.
Get strong protection and great spread of features with BullGuard antivirus with antispam.
– Download now Bullguard (Free download)
Panda Antivirus with antispam works with Smart technology, based on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence that monitor running apps on your systems and then classifies everything.
This is unlike traditional solutions which only work when there’s a detected problem. Its approach is based on behavior intelligence.
This antivirus identifies known and unknown threats from malware, to fileless attacks, and other malicious behavior before they even exist! You get continuous monitoring and protection against all types of threats, detailed forensic information, security audits and real time alerts, so you can control everything happening on your network.
This tool also lets you avoid data leaks, discover and resolve vulnerabilities in your system and apps, and detect targeted attacks.
Its antispam feature stops the avalanche of junk email through the following phases:
- Installation of the antivirus (at most 15 minutes) then it works automatically
- Scan and detect: it immediately scans inbound and outbound messages and applies the actions you define
- Constant Updates: spam signatures update automatically through minute-by-minute microupdates
- Adapting the detection system: the system’s sensitivity can be set to High (for greater detection), Medium (for a balance between spam and false positives), and Low (for less spam detection but no false positives).
- Finally, action on spam detected is determined by you, whether to eliminate or quarantine.
The benefits of having Panda antivirus with antispam include increased productivity so employees don’t waste time receiving, reading and deleting spam, optimized bandwidth and resources because server workloads are reduced, and prevention of damage to your corporate image.
This is one of the most common antivirus with antispam features. Filter out spam with either Avast Internet Security or Avast Premier, which allow you to download the Antispam feature so you can stay safe from phishing, and save time that could have been wasted on junk emails.
In case you have either of these two Avast antivirus with antispam installed on your computer, then you can get the antispam by opening Avast, click Settings>Components and then look for AntiSpam to install, and customize it.
Spam presents a huge challenge when it comes to business. It eats up work time thus reduces productivity, overloads the system, and also can damage your company’s reputation.
The challenges in spam prevention include protecting against multi-protocol messaging traffic malware, increasing infrastructure costs and system inefficiencies from bulk spam, filtering content to remove spam and protect against data leakage or IP and other confidential info, and compromising between using an effective spam filter and blocking legitimate emails.
Symantec antivirus with antispam feature protects against external threats in inbound and outbound messages, instant messages and SharePoint collaboration through its integrated and advanced content filtering, antivirus and antispam software.
It detects and blocks spam before it reaches the internal infrastructure, protects from spread of viruses and worms, lowers IT costs, reduces email back up volumes, and ensures rapid response to new spam threats through the Symantec Global Intelligence network.
Gwava is now part of Micro Focus, a secure messaging gateway with antivirus, antispam, anti-malware and network protection.
Its antispam feature provides multi-layer spam defense protecting your email and keeping unwanted traffic from your collaboration system by doing the following:
- Perimeter Defense Scanning, which catches spam before it reaches your messaging system with functions such as address blocking, content filtering, heuristics, reputation scanning, and much more.
- Minimizing False positives, which are detected from the constant updating of new spam signatures on the secure messaging gateway, so you only get the mail you need on your inbox.
- Robust Content filtering, which sieves out email content based on email addresses, subject, headers, body, fingerprinting, attachments and their names, images (using Image Analyzer), black and whitelist message size, IP address and many others.
- DomainKeys Identified Mail support, which protects sent and received email, ensuring it is from an authorized domain, thus preventing forged addresses, phishing and spam attacks.
- Directional filtering control for outbound and inbound filters
- Envelope filtering that is based on user authentication
- Outbound spam protection that protects perimeter defenses and prevents outbound spam risks including damaged reputation, loss of resources, crippled messaging systems, and blocked IP address.
- Anti-Spoofing with SPF scanning to stop email spoofing
How to protect your computer or device from spam
You may have an antivirus with antispam, but there are steps you can take to prevent the spam from getting to your computer or device in the first place, including:
- Avoid spam by not giving out your email address to unknown or unfamiliar recipients
- Check online shopping, which opens the spam floodgates because it is hard to shop without providing a valid email address, or get discounts or free stuff in exchange. This makes you vulnerable to annoying and dangerous spam. Check out these online shopping tips to stay safe at all times.
- Open an email for potential spammers. Don’t use your personal email, but have more than one for friends, family, and others for unfamiliar sources.
- Install a Spamfilter to protect your inbox from spam infiltration.
- Ignore and delete – don’t open a message or messages from an unknown source or click any links, pictures, and anything else in it. Don’t open any attachments, and NEVER respond to such messages no matter what it promises in return. Acting on, or responding to spam confirms that your email is real so it exposes you in return.
Now that you know the top five best antivirus with antispam, let us know your favorite pick. If there’s one you use that’s effective, and you know it should be on this list, share with us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- ScanGuard Antivirus: Here’s what you need to know about it
- BullGuard brings a new antimalware engine and home Wi-Fi scanner
- Microsoft’s OneDrive adds spam File Explorer: Here’s how to get rid of them
AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate) audio format is the format majority of handheld devices (mainly smartphones) use for voice recordings. Now, a small problem might arise when […]
The reminders feature in Outlook is a handy feature and allows the users to set appointments and plan meetings accordingly. However, at times the reminder […]
There are many cases in which it is necessary to hide sensitive data, such as personal information. For example, a company shouldn’t be able to […]