When trying to install and launch the installed apps, you may encounter the application error 0xc0150004 in Windows. This error can occur if the third-party antivirus is blocking the launch or if a system file is corrupted.
Several users have reported a similar error in the Microsoft community forum.
After a clean update to windows 10 on notebook Toshiba Satellite p850, I have a problem with error 0xc0150004 when I tried to start the same as Apps or installers.
I tried 3 times reinstall W10, but with the same result.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve application error 0xc0150004 in Windows.
How do I fix the application error 0xc0150004 while installing programs?
1. Disable antivirus real-time protection
- If you have a third-party antivirus installed, it can create conflict with the app launchers and installers.
- Try disabling the antivirus program to check if that resolves the issue.
- If you are using Avast antivirus, do the following.
- Right-click on the Avast antivirus icon in the taskbar.
- Select Avast shiels control and select Disable for 10 minutes.
- This will disable the antivirus temporarily.
- In the meantime, try launching the app or the installer that was causing the error.
If disabling the antivirus resolved the error, you may have to make some changes to the antivirus. Alternatively, uninstall the antivirus completely and opt for a different antivirus.
2. Use DISM tool to repair Windows
- Press the Windows key.
- Type cmd, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one by one and hit enter to execute them:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once executed, close the Command Prompt and run the setup which was causing the error. Check if the error is resolved.
3. Perform a Clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type msconfig.msc and click OK.
- In the System Configuration window, open the services tab.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services box. This will hide all the crucial Microsoft services so that you don’t disable one of them accidentally.
- Click the Disable all button to disable all the third-party services.
- Open the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In Task Manager, open the Startup tab.
- Disable all the apps that are enabled for Startup. Select the apps one by one and click the Disable button.
- In the System Configuration window, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- When prompted for restart, click Restart now.
- After the system restarts, check if the error occurs while launching the app or installing new programs.
If the error does not occur in clean boot mode, you may have a third-party app creating issues with the installer or app launcher. Open Control Panel, and go through the list of installed apps. Select the most recently installed app and uninstall it.
4. Install Windows updates
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click Windows Updates.
- Check for any pending updates and install them.
Installing Windows can fix any glitches and bugs in the OS. Windows updates also come bundled with the latest version of the driver for your hardware which can fix any issues in the earlier version of drivers.
The application error 0xc0150004 in Windows can be caused by your antivirus, third-party programs , or corrupted system files. Follow all the steps in this article to fix the error.