How to fix the Event 1000 Application Error on Windows 10
The Event ID 1000 application error is one included in the Event Viewer log when applications crash. Thus, when the error occurs, you can’t launch the required program or software might unexpectedly close. If the Event ID 1000 error is a frequently occurring one on your Windows desktop or laptop, these are a few resolutions that might fix it.
Fix Event 1000 Application errors for good
- Run a System File Checker Scan
- Scan the Registry
- Clean Boot Windows
- Reinstall Microsoft NET Framework
- Update Windows Drivers
- Reinstall the Software
1. Run a System File Checker Scan
Corrupt system files are a probable source for the Event ID 1000 application error. As such, the System File Checker could feasibly resolve the issue. System File Checker is a Windows utility that scans for corrupted WRP system files and repairs them. This is how you can scan with the SFC utility in Windows 10.
- Open the Win + X menu with the Win + X hotkey.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin) to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- First, input ‘DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth’ and press Enter. That will repair the .wim store for the System File Checker if required.
- Then you can enter ‘sfc /scannow’ in the Command Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Expect the scan to take about half an hour. Restart Windows if the scan repairs system files.
2. Scan the Registry
The Event ID 1000 error might also be due to corrupted registry entries. So a registry scan with reputable registry cleaner software might also fix the issue. Glary Utilities, Iolo System Mechanic and CCleaner are three highly rated registry cleaners that millions of users scan with. You can scan the registry with the freeware CCleaner as follows.
- To add the freeware CCleaner to Windows, click the Download button on this webpage. Then open the software’s setup wizard to install CCleaner.
- Open CCleaner and click Registry on the software’s window.
- Select all the registry check boxes, and press the Scan for Issues button.
- Next, select the Fix selected Issues option. You can also select Yes to back up the registry beforehand, but you probably won’t need the backup.
- Then click Fix All Selected Issues to fix the registry.
3. Clean Boot Windows
Software conflicts can often crash programs. So, a clean boot might help fix the Event ID 1000 error in Windows. That boots Windows with minimal startup software and drivers. You can clean boot Windows 10 as follows.
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to open the Run accessory.
- Then you can input ‘msconfig’ in Run to open the System Configuration window below.
- Select the Selective startup option on the General tab.
- Select both the Load system services and Use original boot configuration options.
- Deselect the Load startup items check box.
- Then select the Services tab shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Click the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Press the Disable all button.
- Then press the Apply > OK buttons.
- Press the Restart button to reboot Windows.
4. Reinstall Microsoft NET Framework
NET Framework is a developer framework that is essential for some software. So the Event ID 1000 error can be due to a NET Framework version that needs fixing. Thus, reinstalling NET Framework is another resolution for the Event ID 1000 error. You can reinstall Microsoft NET Framework in Windows 10 as follows.
- First, open the Run accessory.
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run’s text box, and click the OK button.
- Note that earlier Windows platforms include Microsoft NET Framework on the Uninstall or change a program list. If you can see Microsoft NET Framework listed there, select it and press the Uninstall button.
- In Windows 10, you’ll need to click Turn Windows features on or off to open the window in the snapshot below.
- Expand the listed NET Framework components listed there and deselect all their check boxes.
- Next, click Download on this page to save the NET Framework Cleanup Tool’s ZIP to Windows.
- Open the NET Framework Cleanup Tool ZIP in File Explorer and press the Extract all button to extract it.
- Open the NET Framework Cleanup Tool’s window shown in the snapshot below.
- Press the Cleanup Now button.
- Then restart the Windows OS.
- Download the NET Framework 4.7 version from this page, and then install it.
Before reinstalling NET Framework 4.7, check out the Microsoft NET Framework Repair Tool. That’s a utility which fixes NET Framework issues, so it might also resolve Event ID 1000 errors. You can download the NET Framework Repair Tool from this webpage. Then open the utility’s window and press its Next button to fix NET Framework.
5. Update Windows Drivers
Outdated drivers can be another factor behind Event ID 1000 errors. To quickly scan drivers, add Driver Booster 5 to Windows by clicking Free Download on this page. Then, when you launch the software, it will scan and list outdated drivers. Click the software’s Update Now button to update outdated drivers.
6. Reinstall the Software
- If the event 1000 error pertains to one specific program crashing, reinstalling that software might fix the issue. To do that, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run, and press the OK button.
- Then select the program that is crashing.
- Press the Uninstall button.
- Press the Yes button to give further confirmation.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling the program.
- Reinstall the very latest version of the software. Download the latest version from the software’s website if required.
Those are resolutions that might fix the event 1000 application error within various Windows platforms. Some of the utilities included within this software guide might also come in handy for fixing the event 1000 error.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows 10 EventID 10016 error, application-specific permission not granted
- Fix: EVENT_TRACING_FATAL_ERROR error on Windows 10
- Full Fix: Rundll32.exe error in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
For the online gaming community, reliable and uninterrupted communication is important for not only coordinating during gameplay but also as a way to expand the […]
More often than not, customer care representatives become overwhelmed by the sheer number of queries/ enquiries/ complaints they have to handle per day. This often […]
You might have heard about Microsoft’s latest patent in which they envisage their aspirations to anew the Surface keyboards typing experience with the haptic feedback […]