- Ashampoo Home Design 6 is a powerful 3D planning tool to design, extend, and furnish buildings.
- It's an excellent software that has a very steep learning curve and a simple interface.
- You will have access to millions of objects, not to mention that you can import them from Google Sketchup and Collada.
- Although it's a complex graphics program, it will also run on previous Windows versions.
Ashampoo Home Design 6 is a powerful and versatile 3D planning tool to design, extend and furnish buildings.
With the help of this software, you can design your dream house in 3D by creating professional-grade blueprints on your PC and become the architect of your own home.
In this article, we will detail its design features and benefits so you can decide whether it’s right for your needs.
What is Ashampoo Home Design 6?
Ashampoo Home Design 6 has everything you need to start building your dream house. The tool offers you access to multiple new objects through Google Sketchup and Collada model import.
Precise 3D previews are available for every planning step so that you can get a better picture of the entire house.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
The previews feature furniture, lights, and surroundings as well. You can even plan roof-mounted photovoltaic installations.
The Ahampoo software has over 20 million downloads from 160 countries around the world and that can tell you a lot about this trusted software.
The tool supports loading, editing, and saving of 3D object formats. And moreover, you will have access to millions of 3D objects from its library.
However, the top advantage of this solution is the fact that it’s extremely easy to learn and use thanks to its ribbon toolbar that hosts all functions logically and thematically.
It’s also optimized to make the best out of your system resources. Even if it’s a complex program that uses a lot of graphics, it can run the most calculations in just a few seconds.
Ashampoo Home Design 6 features
Here’s a list of all key-features that Ashampoo Home Design 6 brings to the table:
- Mirror objects and 2D symbols with ease
- Native 64-bit support – more speed, more stability
- More intuitive with multifunctional ribbons
- Smart, well-structured open and save dialogs with details view
- Keyboard shortcuts for frequently used features
- Advanced project diagnosis tool: Find and fix errors with ease
- Design views: 2D, 3D, Cross-section
- 3D constructions: 7 primitives, extrusion/rotation/sweep/subtraction solids
- Building components: Walls, ceilings, windows, doors, openings, slots, skylights, solar elements, chimneys, beams
- Measurements: Metric and imperial with precise dimensions
- Input aids: Customizable reference points, construction aids, angle grid
- Exterior lighting simulation
- Freely positionable camera and viewing angles
Design and construction tools
Here are some of the most important design and construction tools that you will benefit from:
- 3D raster elements for huge spaces
- Ingenious 3D area processing
- Roofing Wizard: Various material, cladding, rafters, eaves and gables settings, 7 dormer types
- Stair Generator: 3 solid and wooden types (straight, geometrical, landing), handrails, wellholes
- Topography Designer: 6 forms (hill, swale, plateau, wall, trench, slope)
- Topography Designer: 4 terrain elements (bed, way, terrace, water course)
- Customizable contours
Catalog (Object Library)
You will have access to millions of objects, including appliances, labels, symbols, and more:
- Access to multiple new objects through Google Sketchup and Collada model import
- Over 380 new symbols for electrical, gas, water, and security appliances
- Construction elements: Doors, profiles, windows, solar elements, constructions (e.g. balconies, carports)
- Objects: 2D (cars, people, plants, animals)
- Objects 3D: Exterior (e.g. garages, garden appliances)
- Components (windows, doors, columns, tiles, girder)
- Interior (e.g. kitchen and bathroom appliances), people, basic forms, signboards
- Textures: Exterior (grounds, grass, etc.)
- Building (wood, metal, plaster, etc.)
- 2D Symbols: Various symbols from different areas including appliances, building elements, and others
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- Hard drive space: 1.34 GB
- Other: VS 2015 Redistributables
Ashampoo Home Design 6You don’t have to be an architect to design your dream home with this awesome software.
We hope that you managed to get your copy of Ashampoo Home Design 6 and you’re already happily designing your masterpiece.
You might also be interesting in one of the best piping design software tools to get the functional network done in no time.
If you have any other questions or if you have more solutions, don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the comments section below.