- The intuitive Audible app comes with a continuously growing selection of audiobooks.
- These audiobooks can be enjoyed on a number of platforms, including Windows and Mac.
- For similar great options, don’t hesitate to take a look at our Windows apps section.
- Use our Download Hub too and never miss a chance to grab the latest PC app versions.
Although the joy of reading can never be taken away, sometimes it more convenient to just put your headphones on and listen to a book.
This is a viable solution when you are in public transportation or in any areas where there is a lot of noise pollution and you wouldn’t be able to concentrate on your book.
Luckily, there are some audiobook players out there that can be of assistance in such scenarios.
Take for instance Audible, a well-known service that anyone can use. Apart from being a very simple and easy to use audiobook player, it also allows users to buy and download any audiobooks they like.
The service offers users a huge collection of books, which growing day by day. Audible for Windows 10 is also available in the form of an app that users can download, and today we’ll be taking a look at it.
How can I get the Audible app for Windows 10 & Mac?
Audible for Windows 10 & Mac is a free app that can be downloaded on any Windows 10 and even Windows 8/RT device & Mac and it will act as the gateway to your collection of audiobooks and thousands other from their virtual library.
When you start the app, you will be greeted with a welcome screen where you can see some free samples of audiobooks, as well as browse the virtual store for other titles.
Users who want to buy audiobooks from the app have to create an account with Audible, which can be done directly from the app.
Also, you will need to have an Amazon account for this process to work. After you create your account, you can buy any books you like and pay by inputting your credit card information.
For past members of Audible, there is the option of simply logging in to their account and on the main window of the app, they will see all the titles that they have purchased.
The app’s user interface is very easy to use and it works very fast, with almost no loading time when switching menus.
The overall design of the app is pretty good, but there are some areas where some improvement would not harm.
Such is the case with the book search feature, which can be done via the Search Charm.
On most occasions, it renders no results even if the books that you search for exist and another one is the in-app web interface which allows users to use the website search feature.
However, the window is only half-screen, the information is crammed and the design is not as good.
Nevertheless, even with this lower quality design for the in-app web interface, Audible for Windows 10 and Mac is a great app for listening to audiobooks.
It works very well, the media buttons are available from the main window, and the huge collection of titles that it offers give it the edge over its competitors.
Many liked the app and although they are fans of reading books, and not listening to them, they admit that Audible for Windows 10 has a lot of potential and intend to keep on using it.
Audible recently received a series of new features and improvements that include:
- Associated PDFs are now available directly from the player
- Users can now control playback on hover from the taskbar – this feature is available for desktop users only
- The app received a complete redesign for Windows 10
- Improved library management
- The ribbon player offers easy-to-access controls
- Integrated store and search allow users to easily browse over 180,000 available titles
If the Audible app sounds like something you have been looking for as well, keep in mind that the audiobooks can be listened to on a number of devices:
- Audible for Windows 10 desktop app – Since it is designed especially for Windows 10, you can only expect to get the best. For customers using Windows 10, we encourage them to use the link above.
- Audible Mac app – You may also enjoy Audible on Mac via iTunes. Go to your Library on the Audible desktop site and click Download next to the audiobook you want.
- Audible app Android – You can clearly enjoy the free Android app too. Grab it from the Play Store and take advantage of the latest audiobooks while on the go.
- Audible desktop app – With the desktop app already installed, you just need to click Launch, sign in to Audiobooks from Audible, and click the Library icon. If there are no books in your library, you’ll have to purchase one before you can actually download an audiobook.
- Free audible app for Windows 10 – If you’re on a tight budget, do note that new customers can sign up right away for a free 30-day trial of Audible.
- Audible player for PC – Keep in mind that you may listen to titles directly from the Audible website or download them to your PC. Then, import all Audible titles into Windows Media Player.
- Audible Windows download – To download your audiobook to your Windows PC, you may also download Audible Download Manager and configure it to import audiobooks to Windows Media Player or iTunes.
- Audible iPhone app price plan – Amazon Prime members can enjoy Audible for free.
FAQ: Learn more about the Audible app
- What is the Audible app?
Audible is the app that gives you access to a great selection of audiobooks. Its simplicity and the collection that grows day by day make it an ideal choice.
- Is the Audible app free?
No, it isn’t free. However, Windows users can take advantage of a 30-day trial of Audible and Amazon Prime members do access the Audible audio service content at no additional cost.
- Can I listen to Audible on my phone?
Yes, you can. Platform-compatibility is most likely not an issue to worry about since the Audible app is available on both iOS and Android.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.