5 software for listing books to organize your reading collection
When choosing a software for listing books, you need one that is customizable, allows for tagging and collections, tracks multiple dates, allows for adding notes like where and when you got the books, and also allows for book tracking on titles you’ve lent out. Overall, find one that suits your needs, both specific and aesthetic.
When it comes to book collections, most people who have them can be obsessive and proud, but there are advantages to knowing the books you have in your library, and where they are.
Some of these benefits include not forgetting what you own so you don’t have to buy duplicates, you can track books to who you lent by making notes or adding tags so they never get lost, you can rebuild your list or collection in the event of a crash or natural disaster, you can share your list with others, you can track where and when you bought the books and organize according to statistics like author, genre, book types, and much more.
Cataloguing of books takes some simple steps to do. Once you choose the best software for listing books, scan them using a barcode scanner, upload to your inventory program, then start organizing each and get statistics for the same.
Here are our top picks for the best software for listing books.
With this software for listing books, you can fulfil the following tasks:
- Catalog books and e-book files on your Windows computer
- Download book details and images automatically, such as author, title, publisher, cover art, genre, plot or add by ISBN
- Access a rich variety of features and highly customizable tools
- Install on multiple computers, and sync data between the PCs
- Store book data and images locally, or sync with cloud storage
- Browse, sort and search your collection in different layouts and views with a highly customizable screen so you can make it look the way you want.
Other cool features and tools that this book cataloguing software provides include editing, adding missing cover images from the internet with the built-in Find Image Online tool, customize or create your own database with User Defined Fields, Loan Manager system to manage loans, export tool to export database to text or XML files, and even print book lists in your preferred order.
All My Books
This software for listing books helps you organize, track and archive your book collection, whether that is hard copy or printed books, audio and/or e-books, or all three combined, as it has all the features you need for listing your books.
Whether you forgot who you lent a book to, or want to know how many titles of a particular author you have read, or just want to print/upload your list and organize your collection, you can do it with this tool.
It is easy to download and install, and doesn’t have any malware, ads, or third party bundles. To use it, all you need is the title, author’s name, or the ISBN number, then plug this information into the software, and it does everything else from online sources, adding it to your personal database.
- Hard drive scanning for book files and you can add individual files or batch files
- Automatic population of information about the books including reviews, cover art etc.
- Access to 12 different book databases (international) to collect information on your book list
- Add your own information as it is fully customizable
- Variety of custom templates to define the software’s appearance to your liking
- Monitoring of your books across multiple locations
- Sorting and grouping of books based on specific criteria you select
- Book tracking – what you’ve read and what you’re yet to read
- Analytics and statistics
- Automatic searches using ISBN number
- Transfer of books to mobile devices, or importing existing lists to other formats – text/Excel
- Password functionality to secure your collection
- Audio book playback support for MP3, WMA, M4A, Audible (AA,AAX) and OGG
You can try it for free for 30 days and test run it, but this doesn’t come with the HTML exporting and create new database functions.
This is a cloud software for listing books, movies, music and video games. With this tool, you can create and share your collection using the library management service, which lets you create multiple libraries, catalog books, create tags and notes, import or export your collection and much more.
It has two different plans for listing books: Standard and Pro.
Libib Standard is available for free and built for personal collections, so you can manage your private library of books. To use this plan, you can scan, search, enter ISBN, or import batch items from a CSV file and the tool retrieves the details automatically. You can also create up to 100 different libraries and catalog up to 5,000 books. It generates statistics, has no ads, and you can publish your list for people to view.
Libib Pro, on the other hand, is meant for schools, small organisations and power users, allowing them to lend, manage multi-user accounts, manage patrons, have full control over data, and use a high powered library management system on a brilliant design.
Its features include:
- Up to 100,000 items can be catalogued
- Lending/circulation system
- Custom branding and colors for libraries that are published
- Interactive library with multiple layout options
- Email notification for patrons
- Kiosk app for self-checkout
- Batch editing and field data editing
- Add books using Library of Congress Number
- Expanded search and much more
This software for listing books is the digital filing cabinet you need for your book collection, to organize everything in one place that is secure, searchable and can be accessed from other devices.
With Tapforms, you can use the built-in design tool to create your own custom forms, by choosing from the ready form templates, and use that to track, manage and organize your book collection.
- Custom forms that are easy to build and within minutes of downloading the application
- Label designer to generate printable labels for the information stored in your form fields (more than 1000 Avery label sizes are available)
- Custom layouts to showcase your collection differently for digital and print
- Multiple documents to keep your forms organized into multiple database documents and sync each independently of the other either with nearby or auto-sync
- Photo grid view to see your list in a new way, World map view to see your locations on a world map in one go
- Multiple photos and encryption of file attachments
- Easy backup and restoration of your lists
- Import and/or export your lists
- Integrated barcode scanning
- Auto-lock so no one can access your collection while you’re not by your computer
- Advanced formula editor to get total/average/minimum or maximum from your list
- RELATED: How to turn books into audiobooks
Book Organizer Deluxe
This is great for both personal and/or business use, and works with different Windows operating systems, including 10/8/7/Vista and Windows Servers.
It lets book collectors organize, catalog, and manage their collections on their computers, using the intuitive and simple interface, which is feature-packed and powerful.
Its benefits include:
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Ready to use templates with a user-friendly interface
- 3 book cataloguing solutions that can meet your requirements, or define yours with the free Database Designer tool
- Manual or automated cataloguing
- Quick access to your database
- Web auto-search and auto-catalog by ISBN number
- Easy processing of book data using the Report/Label/HTML Generator Wizard that let you create book lists and reports, as well as book labels with color and art
- It is web ready so you can organize your favorite book websites, or publish your list to the web
Do you have other methods or software for listing books? We’d love to hear from you. Share with us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Best tools for listing your books
Many users use virtualization, but sometimes they might encounter Hypervisor is not running message on their PC. This message will prevent you from using virtualization, […]
Are you still looking for a nice Christmas gift for your loved ones? If the answer is yes and the recipients are your parents who […]
I am not sure why tech companies keep trying to jump on the success of other tech companies. A couple of examples that spring to […]