- The autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt can be a bit tricky to solve unless you know the exact steps to make.
- Running the program in compatibility mode is a quick and efficient way of solving this issue.
- Renaming the associated registry key can also help fix this problem on your PC.
- Using the Command Prompt can help you fix autorun inf not working error on Windows 10.
Although it has been a great tool for managing finances, Microsoft Money is no longer actively developed, being announced in 2008 that there are no new plans for another release in 2009.
Some users report that they have bought Microsoft Money 2006 to replace my Microsoft Money 2002 for example but they receive the error message autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt.
We will explore in this article how you can solve the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt?
1. Run the program in Compatibility mode
- Locate the program’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the desired Windows version.
- Click OK and try to run the program again.
This is a pretty simple solution, and it should help you if you’re getting autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt error while trying to run older software.
2. Use command line
- Copy the USMoneyDlxSunset.exe into your Documents folder.
- Next, go to Start and type in cmd to open a command prompt.
- Enter the following commands and press enter:
USMoneyDlxSunset.exe /C /T:%TEMP%\Sunset
- These commands should fix the issue so make sure you try again to run the program.
This is one method that you can use to circumvent autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt while trying to run Microsoft Money Deluxe.
3. Rename the registry key
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- Here locate the
- Right-click the Autorun.inf key and choose Rename.
- Rename the key to Autorun.inf.bak.
- Run the program again and it should work now.
- Finally, you can return and change the registry name to its initial name.
You can also delete Autorun.inf key, but it would be safer to just rename it. After renaming or deleting this key, check if the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt message is gone.
4. Create the Autorun.inf registry key
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Right-click the IniFileMapping and select New. Now choose Key from the context menu.
- Name the new key Autorun.inf.
This solution can fix autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt error, but the solution only works if you don’t have the Autorun.inf key in your registry.
If that’s the case, create the key by following the steps from above and check if that solves the issue.
With this last step, we will conclude our article. We hope that one of the solutions presented in this article will help you solve the autorun.inf file is missing or corrupt.
If you have additional recommendations or suggestions, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below, we would love to read them.