- Microsoft Money is discontinued personal finance software from Microsoft.
- Even though the application is discontinued, it still works on Windows 10.
- The software works on Windows 10, but sadly, certain features are unavailable.
- In this guide, we’ll show you how to properly download Microsoft Money and run it on Windows 10.
Managing finances isn’t always the simplest task. In the past many users relied on tools such as Microsoft Money in order to help them manage their finances.
Microsoft Money was a popular tool in the past, therefore today we’re going to show you how to install it on Windows 10.
What is Microsoft Money?
Microsoft Money has a long history, but unfortunately this tool isn’t actively developed anymore.
The first version of this program was released way back in 1991, and it was available for desktop version of Windows. After several versions, Microsoft Money made its way from 2000 to 2006 on select versions of Windows Mobile.
In 2008 Microsoft announced that it will stop releasing new versions of the software each year and that there are no plans to release the version for 2009. The sales were discontinued on June 30, 2009.
In January 2011 the online services were stopped and users could no longer enjoy any support from Microsoft.
Even though the software was discontinued, Microsoft didn’t completely abandon its users. In 2010 Microsoft announced the release of Money Plus Sunset.
This is a free tool and we already covered how to download and use Microsoft Money Plus Sunset version on Windows 10.
This tool is designed as a replacement for Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Basic, therefore if you have any of the previous versions of the software installed, we suggest that you don’t install Money Plus Sunset over it.
Even though Microsoft Money Sunset offers the same features as its predecessors, we have to mention that certain features are missing. For example, you cannot import data files from non-US versions of Microsoft Money.
Please note that Money Plus Sunset versions come preconfigured with: · No online services (no online quotes, no bill payment, no statement downloads initiated by Money, no data sync with MSN Money online services, etc…) · No support services (support services are limited to online self-help only, see Money Plus Sunset EULA and Microsoft’s Support Lifecycle pages for more details) · No need to activate the product
Since all online support isn’t available anymore, you can’t use any of the previously available online features such as bill payment, online quotes, statement downloads, data sync with MSN Money, etc.
Keep in mind that there’s no online help and no Assisted Support, therefore if you have any issues you won’t get any support from Microsoft.
Using Microsoft Money is simple, and in the following section we’ll show you how to download Microsoft Money on your PC.
How can I install Microsoft Money on Windows 10?
- Go to Microsoft Money’s download page.
- Click the Download button and wait for the download to start.
- Locate the USMoneyDlxSunset file that you just downloaded and double click it.
- You might get a message saying that your antivirus software can interfere with Microsoft Money setup. Click OK.
- Read the license terms and click the I Accept button.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Once the installation is completed, click the Finish button.
The software is officially discontinued, but you can still use Microsoft Money on Windows 10, with certain features missing.
After you installed Microsoft Money, you can start it it by doing the following: