- Many products come with the free and premium versions, and the same goes for Avast Antivirus.
- The free version can also be recommended if you are on a lean budget since it outperforms all other free antivirus apps.
- However, the colossal features included in the paid version are suitable for users with more advanced security needs.
Sometimes, people opt-in for the free mode of Avast antivirus, and this can be for different reasons. The two editions of Avast antivirus are free and paid.
Even though they both function just fine, some major differences give the paid edition an edge over the free one.
The primary reason for installing Avast antivirus on your device is for security. It protects your device from external threats.
This is so important because it keeps your devices safe and it prevents malware or internet threats from accessing them. Even though this is a great antivirus, few users reported Avastui.exe application error, but that can be easily fixed.
The decision of whether to keep the free version of Avast or upgrade to the paid version is challenging for many individuals. In this article, we have compared the two versions so that you can decide which one suits your needs best.
Hence, we will examine the features of the two versions before diving into the differences, so join us for a quick Avast Antivirus review.
Avast antivirus Free vs Paid: What are the differences?
Avast Antivirus Free
This version of Avast is comparable to most paid products on the market today. So, is Avast Free really free? The answer is a resounding yes.
It does not charge any fee for its services as it is free. It is effective for detecting and blocking viruses that are already on your device, protecting it from new ones trying to get in.
The free edition comes with features that provide a powerful defense for your device against malware, adware, ransomware, spyware, and any other threatening software on your device.
Avast Antivirus Free features:
- It provides a solid shield for your device against malware and viruses.
- It has WiFi security that scans your wireless network, detects intruders that are sharing your network, and also blocks future intruders from getting in.
- The free version builds a shield that monitors the behavior of the user’s applications and it immediately alerts the user when there is any misbehavior or threat from any application.
- Password manager secures all your passwords and protects any security engagements carried out by the user.
- It has live ransomware protection which acts as a comprehensive updating mechanism that keeps your software updated.
- A virus chest is a feature that traps and quarantines viruses from affecting other components of the device.
- It has a Do not disturb mode.
There are some other side features like transparency, user-friendliness, enhanced security, etc. The main distinction between the free and paid versions is the advanced features available in the paid version that are not available in the free version.
Is Avast Antivirus free forever, you may ask? Yes, it’s free forever, so you can use it without any restrictions as long as you want.
Avast Premium Security
Avast antivirus paid version is an extension of the free version, it is embedded with more sophisticated and effective features that provide more security for your devices.
This paid version is of three affordable packages:
- Premium security for a single device.
- Premium security for multiple devices.
- The ultimate package.
Features of Avast Antivirus Paid:
- It has a powerful firewall that automatically scans any contact with your connection and blocks suspicious activities.
- This paid version has a built-in web browser script. This examines every website you visit and protects you against fraudulent sites. Also, it ensures safety while you are buying online or surfing the web. It protects you from intruders trying to steal information or password from your device.
- Avast sandbox protects your device from dangerous apps downloaded from the web even before they are installed.
- It offers Email security. It reads the header packet of your mail to detect annoying spam or phishing emails and blocks them.
- Avast paid offers File protection for your files when you enable file encryption for it. This stops viruses and other contents that are liable to steal from your device, from accessing your files.
- It provides webcam spying security that blocks and notifies you when an external device or app is spying on you through your webcam.
- Data shredder destroys any document or folder you have deleted so that no one can access what is originally in them.
Avast antivirus Free vs Paid: is it worth upgrading to the paid version?
From the above features comparison, we can agree that there are big differences between Avast antivirus free vs paid versions.
Avast Ultimate vs Premium
Avast Ultimate and Premium share a lot of features, and in fact, the Ultimate version has all the Premium features. However, the Premium version comes bundled with the following applications:
- Avast Cleanup: Using this software you can find and remove unnecessary files, and optimize your PC for ultimate performance.
- Avast SecureLine VPN: If you want to ensure that your browsing sessions are completely private, even from your ISP, then SecureLine VPN will help you with that. You can also access geo-restricted websites by using this software.
- Avast AntiTrack: Protect yourself from websites that track your online activity once and for all with Avast AntiTrack software.
We can not dispute the fact that the premium version is worth being paid for. This is because of the sophisticated features that are made available which are not available for the free version.
Nonetheless, Avast Free is also an excellent tool for active-virus removal and real-time threat analysis. With this, the choice to either upgrade or stick with it depends on the user’s need depending on the extent of security needed.
However, for those who want maximum protection for their devices and family, Avast paid versions are the best.
Also, if you’re having other Avast antivirus issues on your device and you need help, you can check our guide for possible fixes for it.