- Having a good web browser is important, and this is why Avast Secure Browser is the perfect choice for some users.
- If you want to remove this software from your PC, you can do it from the Settings app or by using a dedicated removal tool.
- If you’re looking for more guides like this one, we suggest you visit our Privacy section.
- Are you looking for more browser-related news and guides? Check our other Browser articles.
There are many ways to protect your privacy online, and one way to do it is to use a secure browser that is privacy-focused. This is why Avast Secure Browser is the browser of choice for many.
But what if you want to switch to a different browser? Well, in today’s article we’ll show you how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser from your PC.
If you’re not pleased with Avast Secure Browser, maybe you should consider switching to the Opera browser?
Opera has almost the same security features such as adblocker, tracking protection, and unlike Avast Secure Browser, it also has an unlimited free VPN for extra security.
If you want to learn why Opera might be a better choice for you, we suggest you check out our Avast Secure Browser vs Opera comparison article for more in-depth information.
If browsing safely is your main goal, then look no further than Opera as your means to access the Internet.
How do I remove Avast Secure Browser from Windows 10?
1. Use the Settings app
- Open the Settings app. You can do so quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Navigate to the Apps section.
- Select Avast Secure Browser from the list of applications.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Be sure to check Also delete your browsing data box.
- Click on Uninstall and wait for the process to finish.
After completing this process, Avast Secure Browser should be gone from your PC. As you can see, uninstalling this software as simple as removing any other application.
2. Use the removal tool
- Close all applications on your PC. This includes your antivirus as well.
- Download the Removal Tool from Avast.
- Once you download the tool, right-click it and choose Run as administrator.
- Check the Also delete your browsing data box and click on Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete.
This method is recommended to use if you can’t remove Avast Secure Browser by using the Settings app.
Additionally, you can try a third-party uninstaller to do the job, such as Iobit Uninstaller 9 Pro.
Not only will this product remover Avast Secure Browser from your PC, but it will also delete any residual data as well, thus cleaning your PC.
The product is extremely easy to use, so go ahead and use it when something needs removing without a trace.
Iobit Uninstaller 9 Pro
Remove Avast Secure Browser, and any other software from your PC, and enjoy a clutter-free PC.
We hope that our guide was helpful and that you managed to remove Avast Secure Browser from your PC. What is your current browser of choice now? Let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To remove Avast Secure Browser, just go to the Settings app > Apps and uninstall it from there. Alternatively, use the removal tool from Avast.
All major browsers provide decent security, but if you’re looking for the most secure one, we would recommend using the Opera browser.
Yes, Avast Secure Browser is a solid browser with great features, but its only flaw might be the lack of built-in VPN.
While AVG Secure Browser is great, you don’t have to use it. Other browsers can offer similar features out of the box or by using various extensions.