- SharePoint enables simple sharing and collaboration between users all over the world, so there’s no wonder that you want to know how to backup SharePoint online.
- To achieve your goal, don’t hesitate to use the recommended third-party program from below.
- The best practices for SharePoint online backup include using the built-in recovery option too.
- Just keep in mind that versioning only supports native Office 365 formats, while data is only stored for a maximum of 93 days.
Microsoft SharePoint is the number one data-sharing tool used by countless worldwide organizations. It promotes teamwork through dynamic and productive team sites.
With SharePoint, you can share data, news, resources, and files between co-workers. For instance, you can collaborate with members of your organization across platforms such as PC, mobile devices, and Mac.
As a result, not only does SharePoint make data transfers easier but it also helps the users find information faster, thus increasing efficiency.
Unfortunately, not everything goes according to plan. Sometimes data gets corrupted, lost, or deleted by accident.
To prevent such a thing from happening in the first place, rest assured that there are ways that allow you to backup your online files and data on SharePoint.
How can I backup my Microsoft SharePoint online?
1. Give a try to a reliable third-party program
The native backing options that SharePoint offers are not the most efficient, nor the simplest ways of ensuring your data is safe.
Acronis Cyber Backup is the fastest and easiest backup solution for Microsoft SharePoint servers, databases, items, and farms. Your data is protected by strong in-flight and at-rest encryption.
Furthermore, it can be stored in up to five locations, such as local disks, NAS, SAN, tapes, or Acronis Cloud Storage.
The software allows you to quickly recover any data on up to 21 platforms. It is even possible to recover your entire SharePoint server.
Moreover, the program has a special feature called Acronis Active Protection which detects and prevents unauthorized encryption of files, databases, and backups.
Consequently, it is the number one choice for businesses of all sizes, supporting over 500.000 businesses worldwide at the moment.
Acronis Cyber Backup
In order to quickly backup your Microsoft SharePoint Online, just use this lightweight tool from Acronis!
2. Use the built-in recovery option
- Go to Microsoft 365 Compliance.
- Navigate to Policies, then to Retention.
- Create a new policy and apply it to the SharePoint you want.
After you’ve successfully applied the new policy, it may take a while for it to take effect. When it’s done, all the files added to the specific SharePoint sites will be retained by the policy.
How many days SharePoint online sites are backed up? Assuming that’s your question too, let us tell you that versioning only supports native Office 365 formats, and data is only stored for no more than 93 days.
Also, let us tell you from the start that the search and export operations are lengthy, sometimes taking hours or even days to process.
These are the main solutions for backing your data on SharePoint. Using both methods should ensure that your files are safe, thus making work easier for both you and your colleagues.
We hope this guide helped you. Do not hesitate to tell us your opinion in the comments below.