Have you experienced Bad module Steam error on your PC? This error occurs for games like Fortnite, PUBG, and also Counter-Strike:GO, and in today’s article we’re going to show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
What’s the best way to fix Bad module Steam error? Several users reported that they fixed the issue simply by pressing the Windows Key on their keyboard. If you want a long-term solution, try disabling Full screen optimization feature or update your drivers to the latest version.
How to fix Bad module Steam error on Windows 10?
1. Press Windows key
Even though it might sound like a waste of time, there are users who solved Bad module error by using this method. Whenever you get the error bad_module_info has stopped working simply tap the Windows Key button on your keyboard.
Doing this will open up the Start menu, and that will minimize the game you were playing. Then, by using the Alt+Tab buttons on your keyboard, or by selecting the game in your taskbar, try playing the game again. Observe if the error still appears. If the error still occurs, try using the next solution.
2. Disable full screen optimizations
This option was released on Windows in order to better optimize the graphics of games on PC, but in some cases it can cause a steep drop in FPS or even cause Bad module Steam error. Here’s how to deactivate it :
- Right-click on the game on your Desktop > choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab, tick Disable full screen optimizations option > Click OK.
- Try running the game again and see if the problem got solved. If the problem persists, follow the next methods presented in this article.
3. Update your Windows drivers
- Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard > choose Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager window, click on the drivers that need to be updated, and then hit Update driver.
- In case you don’t have a driver on your PC, choose Search automatically for updated driver software (If you have the drivers on your PC, choose Browse my computer for driver software).
- Choosing this option will automatically search for any drivers online and install them.
- After the update process is complete for each of the elements found in the Device Manager, try playing the game again to see if the problem is solved.
If you find this process too complicated, you can always use third-party tools to update all your drivers automatically with just a few clicks.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
4. Reset your PC
This method will make sure that the Steam error is not caused by a previously performed update. Bear in mind that this is a drastic solution that can remove your files, so use it only as a last resort.
Note: Please make sure to follow the steps presented here closely to avoid losing any files
- Click on Start button > Power.
- Press and hold the Shift key > then click Restart.
- From the blue window that opens up, choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Reset this PC
- Select Keep my files
- After the process is completed, your PC will automatically restart.
- Try playing your game again
Getting Bad module error playing or trying to play your favorite game is extremely frustrating. By reading this article, you now have all the tools you need to solve this issue. Please make sure the follow the steps provided in this article in the order they were presented. This allows you to reach the optimal results, without endangering your data.
Please feel free to let us know if these solutions helped you by using the comment section below.
- Steam game doesn’t show up in library [FIX]
- Steam not responding on your PC? Try these simple solutions
- Steam download stopping on your PC? Fix it with these solutions