- If you are a business, monitoring your network helps you boost your network performance.
- A network bandwidth monitor as a tool allows you to identify your bandwidth needs and save you money.
- Some services like GlassWire offer beautiful data representation on top of a strong Firewall solution.
- To learn more about the best network bandwidth monitor tools, check out the guide below.
A network bandwidth monitor is a tool to help you assist and keep an eye on your network’s bandwidth usage. Using the tool, you can identify which user is using the most bandwidth.
There are several network bandwidth monitor options on the market. While some are rudimentary, others offer more advanced features to meet your requirements.
A network bandwidth monitor is an investment worth making as it not only allows you to catch high traffic processes but also offers network administrators insights into what exactly is going on in your network.
Today, in this article, we are looking at the top network bandwidth monitor for Windows 7 to help network engineers, and IT Professionals gain greater insight into their network resource usage.
What is the best network bandwidth monitor for Windows 7?
PRTG Network Monitor is a popular network bandwidth monitor tool to monitor your IT infrastructure.
With unlimited scalability and high customization options, it offers the flexibility to choose the monitoring solution which best suits your requirements.
PRTG Network Monitor offers multiple solutions, including an on-premises solution for PRTG Network Monitor, cloud-based solution PRTG hosted by Paessler, and a solution for large IT environments to monitor all the systems, devices, traffic, and applications in your IT infrastructure
PRTG Network Monitor runs locally on your hardware and offers full system administrator control and flexibility to upgrade at any time.
With the BitDecoder feature, it can structure, mark and decode complex payload data.
Key features of PRTG Network Monitor:
- Easy to configure, install and download
- Excellent user interface
- Good customization options
- Data mapping and publishing
PRTG Network MonitorNever worry about activity on your network by using the powerful and exact PRTG Network Monitor.
GlassWire is a two-in-one utility that allows you to see your current and past network activity, detect malware, and block badly behaving apps.
You can instantly see the inbound and outbound connections to your PC with the monitoring graph.
Unlike PRTG Network Monitor, GlassWire detects spyware, malware, malfunctioning apps, and system apps or resources hogging all the bandwidth.
Once identified, you can block the malfunctioning apps and connections instantly.
When activated, GlassWire can warn you if any network changes are detected, including malware attacks.
Additionally, you can monitor other PCs on your network and alerts when an unknown device joins your network.
Key features of GlassWire:
- Excellent graph-based data presentation
- Fast and responsive user interface
- Built-in firewall to protect against malware
- Block functions for unidentified devices and malfunctioning apps
GlassWireEnsure your network’s safety and integrity with this amazing software!
NetFlow Analyzer is a complete traffic analytics tool and provides real-time updates on your network bandwidth performance.
It collects, analyzes, and generates reports based on your network bandwidth usage.
Apart from performing network forensics, network traffic analysis, and network flow monitoring, it can optimize bandwidth usage.
It supports leading flow technologies, including NetFlow, sFlow, IPFIX, Netstrea, J-Flow, and AppFlow.
Key features of NetFlow Analyzer:
- Real-time traffic graphs and reports
- Application protocol monitoring
- Clean and easy to user interface
- Supports leading flow technologies
NetFlow AnalyzerNetFlow Analyzer makes sure that your network is monitored at all times, so you don’t need to worry about this.
NetBalancer is a Windows program for local network traffic control and monitoring. Using the tool, you can manage your PC network traffic with rules based on various settings like time, network protocol, and application type.
Furthermore, you can monitor and limit unwanted traffic with Deep Packet Inspection. DPI can block BitTorrent traffic, limit the Steam application and change network priority for selected apps and games on your browser.
Key features of NetBalancer:
- Advanced monitoring tools and statistics
- Control traffic with priority rules
- Clean and easy to use interface
- Automation support with command line commands and web APIs
NetLimiter 4 is a simple yet effective utility for Windows computers that allows you to control the internet connection used by your computer. You can use NetLimiter 4 to set download and upload transfer rate limits for applications or single connection while monitoring the traffic.
NetLimiter 4 comes with a complete set of internet statistical tools, including real-time traffic measurement and long-term per-application internet traffic stats.
The internet traffic monitoring graphics shows all the application connections to the internet and how much data is transferred from and to the internet. All the data is presented in a customizable chart.
Key features of NetLimiter 4:
- Full traffic control over all the applications
- Customizable charts to show internet traffic monitoring
- Connection blocker to block inbound and outbound connections
- Easy to use interface with plenty of customization options
Whether you are a company trying to optimize your network bandwidth or a single user looking to boost your network performance, investing in a network bandwidth monitor is critical.
These tools help you identify bandwidth requirements, save money and add an extra layer of security to your network.
With the number of network bandwidth monitoring tools in the market, we recommend PRTG Network Monitor and Glassdoor.
Both the tools offer excellent network monitoring capabilities with a unique set of features.