- Some users complained that they encounter bdredline.exe error, which is a part of the Bitdefender application package.
- To make sure everything is working properly with your antivirus, reinstall Bitdefender.
- Perform a deep scan of your operating system using another antivirus solution.
- Repair your registry by following our step-by-step guide below.
If you are getting the bdredline.exe error, Windows Report has the best solution for you.
According to BitDefender, Bdredline.exe is “BitDefender redline update” file which is part of the BitDefender application package. In addition, bdredline.exe is usually located in the C:program filescommonfilesbitdefendersetupinformationbitdefender redline folder.
However, some Windows users reported several errors related to bdredline.exe which halts normal computer processes. Some of these error messages include:
- bdredline.exe is not a valid Win32 application
- End Program – bdredline.exe. This program is not responding
- bdredline.exe – Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xXXXXXXXX). Click OK to terminate the application.
- Bitdefender redline update has stopped working.
- bdredline.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- bdredline.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “0xXXXXXXXX” referenced memory at “0xXXXXXXXX”. The memory could not be “read/written”. Click on OK to terminate the program.
This error can also occur if you recently installed Windows Defender on your computer and you forgot to remove all software leftoevers from your previous antivirus.
Meanwhile, Windows Report has compiled working solution to fix the bdredline.exe error problem.
7 ways to fix bdredline.exe errors
- Run a full system scan
- Repair PC Registry
- Use CCleaner
- Reinstall Bitdefender
- DISM RestoreHealth
- Use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner
- Install latest Windows updates
Method 1: Run a full system scan
A quick fix for bdredline.exe error problem is to run a full system scan on your PC so as to remove every possible malware/virus corruption. However, if bdredline.exe error still persists after this method, proceed to the next step.
Method 2: Repair PC Registry
Some Windows users reported being able to fix bdredline.exe problem by running SFC scan on their Windows PC. SFC verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
However, if the error still persists, you may proceed to the next step.
Method 3: Use CCleaner
CCleaner is a utility program developed and maintained by Piriform Ltd. This program can fix corrupt system files and also repair windows Registry.
You can download CCleaner on your Windows PC and use it to scan, fix and clean bad system files.
Follow these steps in order to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner free version or Download CCleaner Pro version.
- Install and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner, and then click on “Analyze” option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on “Run Cleaner”. Follow the prompts to enable CCleaner delete the temporary files.
Method 4: Reinstall Bitdefender
Incomplete installation of BitDefender program may generate into bdredline.exe error problem. However, another way of fixing bdredline.exe error is by reinstalling BitDefender Antivirus.
In order to do this, you have to uninstall BitDefender program from Programs and Features, and then reinstall it from scratch afterwards. Here’s how to do this:
- Click Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Feature, or Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
- In the list of installed programs, search “BitDefender”.
- Click on BitDefender afterwards.
- Now, Click Uninstall button which appears at the top of the program list and follow the instructions to uninstall BitDefender program.
- After uninstalling BitDefender program, close all active programs on “Task Manager” except for Windows Explorer
- Now, locate the BitDefender executable file, double-click on it, and follow the prompts to complete fresh installation
Alternatively, you can update BitDefender from the main program menu so as to fix bdredline.exe error problem.
However, if this method does not fix the problem, you may proceed to the next step.
Method 5: Run DISM RestoreHealth
RestoreHealth performs repair operation automatically, and then records those to the log file. By performing DISM RestoreHealth, bdredline.exe error can be fixed.
- Click Start
- In the search field box, type CMD
- Click Command Prompt in the search results list
- Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to scan and correct PC errors.
- Press Enter
- Reboot your PC afterwards
Method 6: Use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner
You can also fix bdredline.exe error by using MalwarebytesAdwCleaner. This program is a free utility that will scan and remove PUPs from your computer most especially malwares disguising bdredline.exe.
Here’s how to download, install, and use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner on your Windows PC:
- Download MalwarebytesAdwCleaner here.
- Double-click on the download exe file and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- After installation, right-click on the MalwarebytesAdwCleaner icon, and then select “Run as administrator” to open the program.
- In the MalwarebytesAdwCleaner display, click on the “Scan” button to commence the scanning operation.
- After the completed scan, click on the “Clean” button.
- Now, click “OK” when prompted to reboot your PC to complete cleaning.
Method 7: Install latest Windows Update
Finally, you can run Windows Update to fix bdredline.exe error. Microsoft consistently release Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors on your Windows PC.
Besides, Windows Report team recommends that you constantly perform Windows updates on your PC.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
Any of the solutions we mentioned above are applicable in fixing bdredline.exe error. Did any of these solutions help you? Let us know in the comments section below.