A step-by-step guide to set up Bellsouth email on Windows 10
Bellsouth email account is quite common in the States as the email host under the AT&T ISP provider. There seems to be a lot of sign-in issues with this host since user’s credentials are discredited or they just can’t sign in. If that’s the case for you, the best way is to contact AT&T support.
On the other hand, we’ll need to confirm that you’ve configured your email host properly. And, as many users use Outlook as their go-to email client, you can find how to set up Bellsouth.net account on Outlook.
Bellsouth.net email settings for Outlook
Setting up a Hotmail account on the Outlook is as simple as possible. It doesn’t require any manual configuring of the incoming and outgoing servers. You just enter your credentials and sink emails.
However, that’s not the same for all third-party email clients. Some of them require a manual approach when configuring POP3 SMPT servers.
Nonetheless, if you have even elementary knowledge about this, the procedure is rather simplistic. Of course, we made sure to explain it below. Here’s how to add Bellsouth.net email in Outlook on Windows 10:
- Open the Outlook client.
- Click on File > Add account.
- Choose “Manual configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next.
- Click Yes on the next window.
- Enter your Bellsouth.net email address and name.
- Choose IMAP and POP. Click Next.
- For the Incoming Mail Server, enter ‘imap.mail.att.net‘.
- For the Outgoing Mail Server, enter ‘smtp.mail.att.net‘.
- Enter your email address and password when prompted.
- Choose More settings and check both “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” boxes.
- Open Advanced tab and make sure that the Incoming Server port number for POP3 is 995.
- The Outgoing Server port should be 465.
- Enable SSL under the “Use the following type of encrypted connection” section.
- Click Finish and that should do it.
If the test fails, replace the ‘imap.mail.att.net’ and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ with the pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com, respectively. After that, you can try again.
With that, you should be able to receive and send emails without issues. Outlook should allow you all kinds of configuration options and settings, so make sure to customize it to your liking.
With that being said, we can conclude this article. In case you have anything to add or take from this instruction manual, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 3 best anti-spam email filters for Thunderbird to keep your inbox clean
- 4 best email migration tools to switch email clients safely
- Best Windows 10 Email Clients and Apps to Use
- What to do if Cortana Can’t Send Dictated Emails or Take Notes
Microsoft recently rolled out Windows 10 version 1903 (aka May 2019 Update) to the general public. This feature update brings some exciting new features for […]
Windows 10 May 2019 Update brings a weird bug that blocks the installation of the new OS. As a matter of fact, Microsoft already acknowledged […]
Many Windows 10 users reported experiencing issues with their Sound Blaster X-Fi sound cards. Creative Technology’s SB sound cards drivers often fail to recognize the […]