This buying guide will provide you with a very efficient and concise look at the best 3D printers for engineers available on the market.
Working in this field, you surely understand how important it is to be up to date with the latest advancements in technology, materials that can be used, and construction techniques.
Investing in a good 3D printer that you can use at home to create complex structures can give you the edge you were looking for being a great addition for engineers.
The market is saturated with a large range of different 3D printers, and that can be overwhelming if you’re trying to make a quick purchase.
For this reason, this buying guide will give you a quick and efficient overview of the best deals on 3D printers for engineers.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Monoprice Mini Delta
The Monoprice Mini Delta 3D printer features a heated build plate that offers a 110 x 110 x 120 mm building surface, offering you a very compact and easy to use product.
This 3D printer features auto-calibration and can be easily used with a free MicroSD card that has been filled with various 3D models.
- Fully assembled for ABS and PLA
- Compact size that fits any office
- The print bed and extrusion nozzle can be heated up to a variety of temperatures, allowing the use of a large range of printing materials
- 50-micron layer resolution
- Missing an On/Off switch – can be turned off just by unplugging it from the socket
ELEGOO Mars UV
The ELEGOO Mars UV 3D printer offers an amazing 3.5-inches smart touch display that can help you customize the way your model turns out in a variety of ways.
The building tray allows for a good size printed model(4.72 inches (L) x 2.68 inches (W) x 6.1 inches (H), and this 3D printer comes packed with a user-friendly CHITUBOX Slicing Software.
- Very efficient printing by using the least amount of resin
- Equipped with 40W UV lights for fast curing of your model
- Fully-assembled and ready to print
- Only a USB connection is available and it is placed in an awkward location
- Loud fans
XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Pro
The XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3D printer is another great option for engineers. This printer is a printer and a scanner, making it even easier to manage your complex projects.
Beyond this, it also contains a laser engraver that can be upgraded to suit your needs. This covers almost every aspect of creating a finished 3D model no matter what level of complexity your project requires.
- Can use third-party 1.75mm ABS and PLA filaments without issues
- An aluminum print bed that heats evenly to create a stable and strong model
- Dual-laser 3D scanning technology for perfect scans
- The finished scans are fully editable
- The printing process is slow
- Issues when printing at the lowest layer resolution
Formlabs Form 2
The Formlabs Form 2 3D printer is a very good printer that offers a wide range of connectivity options (Ethernet/USB/Wireless), allowing you to control it easily and efficiently.
This great 3D printer features an automated resin-fill system that allows you to never worry about manually performing the loading up.
- Beautiful design that fits the decor of any office or home
- Fast printing with the ability to remember the stage of the process in which it stopped
- Auto-mesh repair and auto-orient system for optimal printing position
- Can automatically generate supports, rotation, scaling, and duplication
Ultimaker 2 Extended+
The Ultimaker 2 Extended+ 3D printer is another incredible option for engineers, offering an amazingly fast and efficient printing process.
The 3D printing system was designed to be able to easily switch between the included 0.25, 0.4, 0.6, and 0.8 mm nozzles allowing you to make the printing process faster, and to print with more details.
- A heated bed that allows for prints to be created smoothly and with ABS materials
- An innovative feeder that allows for easy changing and to choose the specific pressure applied
- Fancaps that are created specifically for optimal airflow
- Expensive, but worth the investment
Conclusion on 3D printers for engineers
Please feel free to share with us what 3D printer you chose to buy from the list we presented to you. To do this, you can use the comment section below.