This buying guide will provide you with a very efficient and concise look at the best 3D printers for engineers available on the market.
Working in this field, you surely understand how important it is to be up to date with the latest advancements in technology, materials that can be used, and construction techniques.
Investing in a good 3D printer that you can use at home to create complex structures can give you the edge you were looking for.
The market is saturated with a large range of different 3D printers. And that can be overwhelming if you’re trying to make a quick purchase.
For this reason, this buying guide will give you a quick and efficient overview of the best deals on 3D printers for engineers.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going to the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best deals on 3D printers for engineers?
- Sturdy, warp-resistant metal frame
- Precise Z axis movement
- Flexible conductive filament
- Insulated chambers
- The spools' position prevents you from checking the filaments
This Flashforge model makes the first entry on our list for all the right reasons.
Combining power, impressive features, ease of use, and advanced software, this printer can make all the difference when it comes to executing high-precision 3D prints that engineers can rely on.
Designed to withstands extreme conditions thanks to its sturdy, metal frame that is guaranteed not to warp at high temperatures, the printer is also built to allow safe and easy usage.
With cross-platform compatibility (Windows, Linux, and macOS), USB connectivity, and money-saving printing software included, you can only expect the best results.
- Fully assembled for ABS and PLA
- Compact size that fits any office
- The print bed and extrusion nozzle can be heated up to a variety of temperatures, allowing the use of a large range of printing materials
- 50-micron layer resolution
- Missing an On/Off switch
The Monoprice Mini Delta 3D printer features a heated build plate that offers a 110 x 110 x 120 mm building surface, offering you a very compact and easy to use product.
This 3D printer features auto-calibration and can be easily used with a free MicroSD card that has been filled with various 3D models.
- Very efficient printing by using the least amount of resin
- Equipped with 40W UV lights for fast curing of your model
- Fully-assembled and ready to print
- Rather loud fans
The ELEGOO Mars UV 3D printer offers an amazing 3.5-inches smart touch display that can help you customize the way your model turns out in a variety of ways.
The building tray allows for a good size printed model(4.72 inches (L) x 2.68 inches (W) x 6.1 inches (H), and this 3D printer comes packed with a user-friendly CHITUBOX Slicing Software.
- Can use third-party 1.75mm ABS and PLA filaments without issues
- An aluminum print bed that heats evenly to create a stable and strong model
- Dual-laser 3D scanning technology for perfect scans
- The finished scans are fully editable
- Issues when printing at the lowest layer resolution
The XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3D printer is another great option for engineers. This printer is a printer and a scanner, making it even easier to manage your complex projects.
Beyond this, it also contains a laser engraver that can be upgraded to suit your needs. This covers almost every aspect of creating a finished 3D model no matter what level of complexity your project requires.
- A heated bed that allows for prints to be created smoothly and with ABS materials
- An innovative feeder that allows for easy changing and to choose the specific pressure applied
- Fancaps that are created specifically for optimal airflow
- Expensive, but worth the investment
The Ultimaker 2 Extended+ 3D printer is another incredible option for engineers, offering an amazingly fast and efficient printing process.
The 3D printing system was designed to be able to easily switch between the included 0.25, 0.4, 0.6, and 0.8 mm nozzles allowing you to make the printing process faster, and to print with more details.
What 3D printer did you choose to buy from this list? Feel free to share your favorite with us via the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
3D printers help engineers create models out of different materials that serve as prototypes for final products.
Not directly because 3D printers require a 3D model as input in order to print an object.
Yes, printing software is a must-have for 3D printing, allowing you to physically reproduce your models.