If you are trying to find the best AV receivers on the market, it can get real confusing, real fast. However, things get a lot easier if you’re looking for one with 5.1 surround sound and no other options.
On top of that, current deals make it so much easier to save a couple of bucks or more.
Inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity is a must, or else you’ll need to buy an adapter. Manually connecting devices via a USB port is no fun, so let’s rule those out right from the start.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
The Pioneer VSX-532 AV receiver delivers 80 watts of power, which isn’t huge. It’s rather decent and it makes up for it with expressive audio, while Pioneer’s Phase Control technology successfully reproduces clearer mid and high-range sound.
- Supports HDCP 2.2, so simply connect a compatible device in order to enjoy premium content such as 4K videos
- Pioneer’s Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System is included
- It doesn’t come with some of the advanced features you might want – like Alexa compatibility
Marantz NR1509 Slim
Built-in Bluetooth for easy audio streaming from compatible devices is present, but the receiver also allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi.
- Six HD ports included, so you can connect multiple TVs and computers
- Versatile mobile app that works on Android and Apple devices
- Offers pass-through for 4K video
- Doesn’t have some of the best pass-through capabilities on the current market
- Poorly-translated instructions
Onkyo TX-SR393 AV Receiver
- Supports 4K video quality, 3D, and Deep Color
- Features AccuEQ room-acoustic calibration
- Dolby Atmos, DTS: X playback, and DTS Virtual: X are included
- Bluetooth allows you to mirror your device’s screen
- Lacks Wi-Fi support
- Sound issues with the HDMI ports reported by users
It clearly comes with Bluetooth capabilities, therefore streaming from your devices won’t ever be an issue. And that’s not all that you are getting, because it has lots of other smart features.
- 4K Ultra HD support and Dolby vision are both included
- Exclusive Yamaha CINEMA DSP technology
- Has BT .2020 support, so you get a wider range of colors
- You don’t get DTS:X
- Some users claim they cannot get the AV receiver to pair with their Samsung Smart TV
Its YPAO system can scan the audio of your room and easily adjust the sound output to suit the environment. Combining your receiver with the Yamaha music Cast 20 or music Cast 50 makes it so easy to have your own wireless theatre in the comfort of your home.
- Supports 4K and Ultra HD videos
- Special Cinema DSP 3D feature which ensures a top-notch audio experience
- Compatible with various streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, Pandora, or Tidal
- Miniature buttons in the remote control
Final words on 5.1 AV receivers with Bluetooth
When it comes to the best 5.1 Bluetooth AV receivers, you can buy budget models or high-quality, expensive ones.
Our search concludes with five options that we think are genuinely great buys, so use the above list as a starting point and consider your own needs. We hope this will help you make an informed and prompt choice.