A fanless mini-computer, also known as a nettop, is a small-sized, inexpensive, low-power, legacy-free desktop computer designed for basic tasks that you can easily carry on with you anywhere.
There are a number of advantages that come with having such a computer. They are not only smaller and cheaper, but they also consume far less power than ordinary desktop PCs.
If you too are planning on adding on such PC to your inventory, but have no idea where to start looking, then you should carry on reading the guide below. We’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best fanless mini-computers that money can buy.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
SMALLART Mini PC
It comes with Windows 10 pre-installed and can be used to do pretty much all of the most basic tasks you could think of using a PC for, including browsing the web, watching some movies, etc.
- Quad-Core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor.
- It’s base operating frequency 1.44 GHz/s rising to a 1.92 GHz in burst mode
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Edition(64bit) OS.
- Support Auto-on after power failure
- 4GB of RAM
- 64GB of Storage.
- You can expand the storage with a Micro SD card up to 128GB, a USB stick or a USB hard disk.
- 4K HD for visually home entertainment
- Perfect for home, office, watching movies, or simply browsing the web
- 2x USB 3.0
- 1x HDMI
- 1x Headphone/Mic Combo Interface
- 1 x 1000Mbps Ethernet Port
- 1x Micro SD Card Slot
- Sensitive to physical handling
It features stunning performance features especially given teh compact size, as it can be used to perform tasks like 4K video playback without having any performance issues.
- 8GB RAM+120GB mSATA SSD
- Can be expanded with up to 2 TB of 2.5 inch SSD or HDD
- Intel Celeron J3455 processor at 1.50Ghz up to 2.3Ghz in Turbo mode
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Edition(64bit) OS.
- Equipped with Intel HD Graphics and dual output display ports (2*HDMI port)
- 4K Ultra HD video playback, delight in producing stunning visuals.
- 5G+2.4G Dual Band WiFi
- Ethernet Gigabit 1000MB/s LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, and 2 x HDMI port
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 x Micro SD Card port
- 1x headphone microphone port
- Inferior building quality
If you love having the functionality of a full PC in your side pocket, then the COOFUN U500-H is the right choice for you. Not only is this PC small and portable, but it can be used for a wide variety of things, such as watching 4K videos, browsing the Internet, and more.
Additionally, most of its features can be expanded upon, such as the RAM and storage, making it a very neat and modular piece of equipement.
- Installed with 4G*2 DDR3L-1600 dual channel.
- Intel Core i3 CPU 2.0 GHz/s,
- Equipped with HDMI / MINI DP / USB-C
- You can use it to enjoy 4K at 60Hz home theater.
- A powerful USB-C port supports data transfer
- Preinstalled with Window 10 Pro
- Can support Linux and Chromium OS to meet your requirements.
- Designed with 128GB SSD,
- Can support M.2 NGFF 2280 SSD up to 2TB
- Can support 2.5 inch HDD up to 2TB
- Can support an SD card up to 128GB
- Tends to heat up fast and eventually slow down over long sessions of being used
If you fancy the idea of having your very own home theatre system but aren’t keen on moving around your desktop PC or laptop to the living room, then a more portable option like the ACEPC T11 is just what you need.
It features good stats for features that don’t require high-end computers, and it can also be expanded upon for even more storage, making it great for upgrades instead of full-on replacements.
- Quad-core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 processor
- 1.44GHZ CPU up to 1.92GHz
- Built-in 4GB of RAM
- 64GB eMMC
- Supports 2.4G+5G Dual-Band Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.2
- LAN 1000Mbps
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro(64bit)
- HDMI/VGA Port
- Low noise levels
- 1x LAN port
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0
- 1x HDMI and 1x VGA
- 1x Audio output
- 1x Micro SD slot
- Rather slow compared to other entries on our list
AWOW Mini PC
While it is much smaller than a regular PC, and therefore much slower, it does provide you with enough capabilities to make it worth the purchase.
This is especially the case if you don’t plan on ever using it for anything high-end anyway.
- Intel Apollo Lake J3455
- preinstalled Windows 10 (64 bit) Pro OS
- Supports Linux OS),
- 4GB RAM + 64GB eMMC
- Support SATA III 2. 5” HDD
- It comes with 1 HDMI 1. 4 and 1 VGA ports for double vision
- Supports dual-band 2. 4G/5. 8G Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Ethernet port(1000mb)
- Bluetooth 4. 2 for wireless connect
- 5 USB ports
- VGA1 x HDMI cable
- 1 x VESA mount
- Cannot be expanded with an SSD
Closing thoughts on fanless mini-computers
While the extreme portability is indeed a perk few can deny, the fact that these PC are extremely slow compared to their much bigger counterparts, and even laptops for that matter, makes buying them very situational.
This doesn’t mean that they aren’t good, just that you shouldn’t be disappointed if it behaves very slowly when you try to run tasks that are even remotely demanding.