A fanless mini-computer, also known as a nettop, is a small-sized, inexpensive, low-power, legacy-free desktop computer designed for basic tasks that you can easily carry on with you anywhere.
There are a number of advantages that come with having such a computer. They are not only smaller and cheaper, but they also consume far less power than ordinary desktop PCs.
If you too are planning on adding on such PC to your inventory, but have no idea where to start looking, then you should carry on reading the guide below. We’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best fanless mini-computers that money can buy.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best fanless mini-computers that I can buy?
- With integrated Intel HD graphic to enjoy 4K Web surfing, video playback, and more
- It can be easily fixed to the back of the monitor with a mounting bracket
- Support 2.4G/5.8G band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Support Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 16.04
- Intel x5-Z8350 Processor, up to 1.92GHZ
- Issues with the browsing speeds
The COOFUN Mini fanless PC takes the entire idea of mini-PCs and takes it to an entirely new level, combining powerful inner specs within a small frame, allowing it to be almost as efficient as a regular-sized PC.
One highlight of this model is the cooling system that prevents it from heating up, even during the most intensive apps.
Mounting and storing it is another strong point since you can even mount it at the back of your monitor, saving even more space on your desk.
- Pre-installed with Windows 10, support Ubuntu & Linux
- N40 Mini PC Intel Celeron Processor N4000
- Made for electricity savings and zero noise
- eMMC 64GB system storage
- DDR4 4GB
- Processor speeds may vary too much
N40 mini pc, unique appearance design, dissipates heat more efficiently, make the running speed more fast and stable.
N40 supports S5 RTC Wake Settings, Auto Power On, Wake On Lan, PXE Boot etc.
Overall, it follows the specs of the average mini PC, perfectly balancing out out an incredibly small size with above-average specs.
- You can expand the storage with a Micro SD card up to 128GB, a USB stick, or a USB hard disk
- It’s base operating frequency 1.44 GHz/s rising to a 1.92 GHz in burst mode
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Edition(64bit) OS
- Quad-Core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor
- Support Auto-on after power failure
- Sensitive to physical handling
The SMALLART Mini PC is your typical mini-computer for home and office use that features quite impressive stats given the small size it comes in.
It comes with Windows 10 pre-installed and can be used to do pretty much all of the most basic tasks you could think of using a PC for, including browsing the web, watching some movies, etc.
- Equipped with Intel HD Graphics and dual output display ports (2*HDMI port)
- Intel Celeron J3455 processor at 1.50Ghz up to 2.3Ghz in Turbo mode
- 4K Ultra HD video playback, delight in producing stunning visuals
- Can be expanded with up to 2 TB of 2.5 inch SSD or HDD
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Edition(64bit) OS
- Inferior building quality
If you’re looking to get the convenience of a home PC in the size of your pocket, then the ACEPC AK1 is the mini-computer that you need right now.
It features stunning performance features especially given the compact size, as it can be used to perform tasks like 4K video playback without having any performance issues.
- Quad-core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 processor
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro (64bit)
- Supports 2.4G+5G Dual-Band Wi-Fi
- 1.44GHZ CPU up to 1.92GHz
- Built-in 4GB of RAM
- Rather slow compared to other entries on our list
If you fancy the idea of having your very own home theatre system but aren’t keen on moving around your desktop PC or laptop to the living room, then a more portable option like the ACEPC T11 is just what you need.
It features good stats for features that don’t require high-end computers, and it can also be expanded upon for even more storage, making it great for upgrades instead of full-on replacements.
While the extreme portability is indeed a perk few can deny, the fact that these PC are extremely slow compared to their much bigger counterparts, and even laptops for that matter makes buying them very situational.
This doesn’t mean that they aren’t good, just that you shouldn’t be disappointed if it behaves very slowly when you try to run tasks that are even remotely demanding.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your main concern is saving space, then a mini PC is your best bet. Check out this article featuring the best mini PCs that can help save desk space.
Yes, they can. In fact, here are the best mini-PCs that can run Windows 10.
One company that excels at making mini-PCs is HP, as they make some of the best on the market.