A quality indoor antenna picks up TV channels for free, even if you live far way from TV towers, including mountain areas.
With the help of such a device, you can reduce monthly costs by canceling your cable subscription. And you don’t have to turn to TV tuner software solutions for your computer either, which are less reliable.
In this article, we listed the 5 best indoor antennas for mountain areas that you can buy from Amazon. All antennas from this page are long ranged, feature support for 4K full HD video transmission, and can be easily installed in your home.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best indoor antennas for mountain areas?
Rhidon HDTV Antenna
The indoor TV antenna from Rhidon can be installed on flat surfaces or mounted on a wall. It has an amplifier powerful enough to pick up TV channels even if you live in an area with mountains.
With a slim and lightweight design, the device promises to deliver crystal-clear pictures on your TV, along with noise-free sound. It can connect to your Smart TV or TV digital converter box through a USB port.
- Supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p 2K, and 4K HD signal transmission;
- Access range of over 130 miles + minimum signal interference;
- Switch between short range (below 35 miles) and long range (over 35 miles);
- 16.5-feet coaxial for stable video reception;
- Some users couldn’t get more than 8-10 TV channels;
- Power adapter for the amplifier is not included;
ABLEGRID TV Antenna
ABLEGRID’s indoor TV antenna supports 4K Ultra HD videos and works well even if you’re hidden somewhere within mountain areas. You can set it up on a flat surface or hook it up on a wall, like a window or behind the TV.
It’s possible to directly connect the digital antenna to your TV. Alternatively, you can use an amplifier and a USB cable with a charger, as well as set up a top box if your TV doesn’t have an HD tuner.
- Pick up TV tower signals from over 80 miles away (up to 120 miles);
- Built-in 4G LTE filter to avoid interference with extra 3G and 4G signals;
- Signal-boosting amplifier with Smart IC technology;
- 18-feet coaxial cable;
- The TV signal reception is sometimes unstable;
- Some users couldn’t pick up any TV channels;
XFTREE HDTV Antenna
XFTREE sells a stylish indoor antenna with a modern design that fits most home styles. It has a robust amplifier that transmits TV channels even if you are living in a rural mountain area.
Thanks to its slim design, the XFTREE HDTV antenna can be fixed on tables or other flat surfaces. It can also be mounted on windows, walls, or behind the TV for optimal transmission.
- Enhanced amplifier that picks up TV tower signals from over 130 miles away;
- Integrated 4G LTE filter to protect the reception from unwanted 3G and 4G signals;
- 17-feet coaxial cable for steady TV reception;
- Some users reported poor quality of signal reception;
- UHF channels weren’t always picked up by the antenna (VHF channels only);
ANTV TV Antenna
The indoor digital HDTV antenna from ANTOP Antenna is designed to receive TV channels from 85 miles away, even if you are surrounded by mountain areas.
Having a paper-thin design, you can fit the antenna in the tightest surfaces to get it out of your way. For example, you can mount it on a wall behind your TV.
- Built-in 4G LTE filter to ensure noise-free digital TV reception by avoiding interference with 3G and 4G signals;
- Signal adjustment dial to bring the correct reception balance, depending on your distance from a TV tower;
- Connect a second device: Smart TV, FM stereo, or any OTA-ready streaming device or projector
- Some users couldn’t receive more than 5-7 channels;
Antennas Direct TV Antenna
The TV antenna from Antennas Direct uses a patented technology to ensure network reception in the trickiest conditions, even if you’re living in a mountain area or want to set up a TV in your attic.
You can install the antenna outdoor and indoor, too, since it’s equipped with all-weather mounting hardware.
- 30-feet coaxial cable to deliver stable TV reception;
- Access range of over 60 miles;
- Integrated 4G LTE filter to fend off useless 3G and 4G signals;
- Receives UHF and VHF channels;
- Supports 4K Ultra HD videos;
- Clunky design for indoor setup;
- Some people didn’t get good reception;
Bottom line on indoor antennas for mountain areas
Taking everything into account, you can use a TV antenna to get free local channels without having to pay for expensive bills each month.
The best indoor antennas deliver excellent reception even if you’re surrounded by an area of mountains, thanks to an intelligent signal amplifier.
Based on this list, you can choose your TV antenna from Rhidon, ABLEGRID, XFTREE, ANTOP Antenna, and Antennas Direct. Regardless of your decision, you will be able to save money each month.