Stimulating a child’s mental growth through imagination and curiosity is the basis off of which inventor kits were made. While they usually come in the form of toys that have limited uses, you’d be surprised what a child could do given the right tools.
Not only will you offer them a new toy, but they will now spend time having fun and learning new things at the same time. If you too want to buy an inventor kit for yourself or your child, then check out our top picks.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best inventor kits that I can buy?
- Lets kids learn how to control electronics with code in 6+ New Block-Based coding missions
- Comes with 22+ missions in the app so kids can teach their Droid new skills
- Missions help kids get creative, inventing new Droids and giving them personality
- Amazon devices are not compatible at this time
If you or your child are hardcore Star Wars fans, then you’ll absolutely love the littleBits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit.
This inventor kit is a bit different than other kits since it focuses mainly on teaching kids how to code in a fun and creative way, under the guide of guiding R2D2 to complete missions.
- Step-by-step 3D directions and the use of everyday materials brings clarity to how things work
- Includes a 48-page book and materials for your creations
- For ages 8 to 80 - everyone will enjoy this great kit
- The price tag
If you want to follow the steps of Tesla and invent something from scratch, then you couldn’t go wrong with the ScienceWiz Inventions Kit.
This neat kit has all the materials you need in order to build a motor, a telegraph, a light flashing generator, or a real radio, and the comprehensive guide will show you how to do everything in a step-by-step manner.
- Allows kids to learn about circuits, switches, sound propagation, and static electricity
- 26+ experiments
- 31+ tools and ingredients
- 72 pages of activities and education instructions
- May be a bit too complicated for children under the age of 7
If you want to put your kids on the road to becoming geniuses in the fields of electronics and electromagnetism, getting them the Playz Ridiculous Inventions Science Kit is better than a boring science book.
This kit teaches your children all about those phenomena using home-made boomerangs, magnetic force fields, spectrum rainbows, telegraphic messages, whirling windmills, levitating serpents, and even robotic turtles.
- Can build and customize voice-activated robotic gripper arm
- Hours of in-app play and activities
- Easy STEAM learning (science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics)
- You need the app along with the kit
Making a child learn new things in a way that won’t make them feel as if they were at school can be a bit tricky, but not when you have the littleBits Base Inventor Kit.
This ultra-comprehensive inventor’s kit has everything a child needs to perform STEAM learning,s thanks to the interactive guides and comprehensive booklet.
- Build a ballista, a bombard, and a mighty catapult
- Each model is fully functional and can send projectiles up to 15 feet
- The kit comes with 15 projectiles plus 18 paper targets
- Too complex for small children
If you’re a history fan and love watching National Geographic documentaries, then you’ll love the National Geographic Science and Engineering Construction Kit.
This kit will allow you to build 3 fully functional miniature siege weapons: a ballista, a bombard, and a mighty catapult, all of which are capable of shooting projectiles at targets.
Inventor kits don’t necessarily have to be for children. A lot of them deal with concepts that kids don’t even face in school yet.
However, a lot of them are designed to cater to a younger audience, allowing for future generations to grow an interest in science and technology, all while having a whole lot of fun doing so.
FAQ: Learn more about inventor kits
- What are some of the best inventor kits for kids?
If you want to make your child’s day while also teaching them useful information, check out our best inventor kits for kids guide.
- Are there any nice built-it yourself kits for adults?
If you want to expand your knowledge set as an adult, check out this amazing best building kits guide.
- What are the best DIY kits for adults on the market?
To answer this question, explore our thorough best robotic kids for adults guide.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2019 and has been revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in December 2019 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.