- Compressing PDFs can be a daunting task, especially if you have a large portable document format file.
- Ensuring that the quality of your file is not affected by the compression process is paramount, and this guide will surely help.
- To explore some other easy-to-follow guides on the topic of compression, check out our detailed File Compression section.
- Don't hesitate to check out our extensive File Opener Hub for more useful guides on this topic.
PDFs can be extremely efficient when you need to present a large document that contains images and graphs, and because of this, there’s no surprise that this format is so popular.
In some situations the PDF file you’re working with is way too big, thus not allowing your PC to process all the information in a timely manner.
In other cases, you can’t share the PDF file you just finished with your co-workers because of the same size issue.
When this happens, the best way to go about resolving this problem is to use specialized compression software to reduce the size.
It is very important that the compression is done without damaging any of the content or reducing the quality of the images.
Read on to find out what the best PDF compression software is, for both Windows 10 and Mac users.
What is the best software to compress PDF?
WinZip is a powerful software that enables you to compress PDFs with just a few clicks of your mouse, and without losing the quality of any of the data.
Beyond this, the speed at which this software compresses even the largest PDFs is absolutely astonishing, leaving the competition in the dust.
One of the most unusual but very useful features is the fact that you can use WinZip to add links to files via email, IM, and social media, which in this day and age can give you a clear advantage.
On top of amazing compression speeds, and unequaled compressions quality, WinZip also offers you a wide range of other useful features:
- Can merge and split archives as easy as saying zip
- Great compatibility with all well-knows operating systems
- Offers great portability and an easy to navigate interface
- Can convert files to PDF
- Add watermarks
- 128/256 bit encryption
- Fully compatible with DropBox, GoogleDrive, SkyDrive, etc.
WinZipCompress PDFs of any size quickly and efficiently with this powerful and easy to use software.
Being the actual inventor of the PDF format, Adobe Acrobat enables you to compress PDF files almost as easily as WinZip.
This powerful tool not only allows you to compress PDF files no matter of their size, but also offers viewing, editing, managing, creating, and converting of PDF files.
To top everything off, Adobe Acrobat DC is easily controlled by using its user-friendly interface, giving you quick access to the plethora of features.
Even the way you use the software can be customized by being able to easily set the way your toolbars are shown, and what elements they include.
The conversion process is done efficiently, and the results suffer no loss of quality whatsoever.
Here are some other useful features:
- Touch-enabled functionality
- Can be adapted to any sort of document or user-preference
- User-friendly interface
- Fully-compatible with most OSs
Adobe Acrobat ReaderCompress PDF files fast with this extraordinary software. Try it out today!
PDFOptim is a good compression software that offers decent results, even though the output settings are not as complex as in the case of other software options presented in this guide.
This software works by offering you a choice from a large number of pre-defined presets, which can simplify things at the cost of more exact customization.
One of the best features of this software is that it allows you to perform a side-by-side comparison between the file pre and post-compression.
Some other useful features:
- Fast processing of files
- Professional-level results at no cost to image/text quality
- Simple interface that’s easy to understand and use
- Useful pre-sets that prove easy to use even for beginners
- Supports batch-processing of PDF files
We hope that the software options presented in this guide have been useful in your search for a good PDF compression software.
If you have any other software suggestions in mind or would like to share your experience with us, don’t hesitate to make use of the comment section below.