- Motherboards are a crucial component, and in this guide, we're going to show you the best RGB motherboard for your PC.
- Besides being powerful, these motherboards also support RGB lighting allowing you to achieve some impressive results.
- The guide covers motherboards of all sizes, so you'll surely find one that suits your PC case.
- In case you're looking for the best motherboard for gaming, you'll be pleased to hear that all listed below are more than suitable for this purpose.
Picking a new motherboard isn’t easy, but if you’re looking for something flashy, in this guide we’ll help you choose the best RGB motherboard for your needs.
Not only do you need to check the quality of the products, but you also need to find the ones that fit your specific color theme. If you’re a gamer, perhaps check our best gaming motherboards list for more information.
This article will focus on RGB motherboards, both ATX and Micro ATX, so without further ado, let’s get started.
What are the best RGB motherboards for your PC?
- AMD AM4 Socket suited for pairing with 3rd,2nd, and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Aura Sync RGB synchronizes LED lighting with the majority of PC compatible gear
- Equipped with debug panel LEDs
- 8-channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and Fan Xpert 4
- No built-in Wi-Fi
The Asus ROG Strix B450-F is a B450 motherboard that is compatible with AMD Ryzen CPUs. It is budget-oriented but it is classed as a mid-range card which is also overclockable, so the value-for-price is amazing.
The board supports both Crossfire and SLI multi-GPU configurations, and it is also equipped with a 6+2 phase VRM.
Its case and the heat sinks are fully black, with customizable RGB lights. The board is an ATX motherboard which means it will fit in a bigger case such as a Middle Tower or a Full Tower.
- Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4
- Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- RGB FUSION support
- Two M.2 slots
- No Bluetooth of Wi-Fi
The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Elite is the best and most multi functional motherboard you can get as an Intel CPU user. It has every feature you can wish for, including the signature AORUS design with RGB lighting in multiple places on the board and RGB headers.
The board has really good VRM cooling with a 12+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with DrMOS. The board has 4 DIMM slots as well as two M.2 slots.
This is an ATX motherboard, it supports SLI and Crossfire, and fits best in a Middle or a Full Tower.
- AMD AM4 socket compatible with 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Active PCH heatsink, VRM, and M.2 heatsink
- Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lights compatible with other PC components
- 4 DDR4 RAM sockets
- No SLI or Crossfire support
The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus is the best choice if you’re an AMD CPU user. The ASUS TUF is a game-centric product lineup with military-grade components. In addition, the board has an all-black design with subtle RGB lights.
This motherboard comes with WiFi and Bluetooth 5, as well as VRM heatsinks for overclocking. It is an ATX motherboard so you need to have at least a Middle Tower or a Full Tower for it to fit.
- Compatible with the 9th and 8th generation Intel Core processors
- 4 Dual-channel DDR4 RAM slots
- FanXpert 4 with AIO Pump Header
- 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards
- Aura Sync RGB lights that are compatible with most PC accessories
- No integrated WiFi or Bluetooth
Another great choice for the Intel CPU users is the ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard. The board is more suited for white-themed PC cases and it has plenty of RGB lights.
Additionally, the motherboard has heatsinks for all the important parts to ensure no overheating while allowing for overclocking.
It also supports two-way SLI and three-way Crossfire. Lastly, the board is an ATX, which means it fits best in Middle Towers and Full Towers.
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0 compatible with the Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 and 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs
- 8+2 DrMOS VRM with high-quality alloy chokes
- Fan Xpert 4 and the UEFI Q-Fan Control utility
- Industry-leading gaming audio & AI noise-canceling mic technology
- Aura Sync RGB lights compatible with most PC parts
- No SLI or Crossfire support
Our last product is the ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS, a board compatible with AMD CPUs. It is a Micro-ATX which means it can fit virtually in any PC case. The motherboard and its heatsinks are black and it has subtle RGB.
The Thermal pad and M.2 heatsink allow the board to be overclocked without a problem. Lastly, it has all the ports you need and a cool custom IO shield.
There are plenty of choices in this RGB motherboard list for different CPU users, different prices, and different PC case sizes. We hope we provided all the information and that you managed to find best RGB motherboard for your needs.
Feel free to share any stories and information regarding RGB motherboards in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not all motherboards have RGB headers, but fortunately RGB case fans and other devices have RGB adapters so they can work without RGB headers.
RGB lighting doesn’t offer anything in terms of performance. If you want better performance, be sure to check the list of best motherboards and plan your future PC.
ARGB offers better customization that RGB. If you’re looking for ARGB compatible devices, we recommend checking these Asus Aura Sync fans.