Robotics is an engineering branch that pretty much brings together elements from all other engineering branches. Because of this, not everyone can understand it as easily.
That’s precisely why robotics kits exist, so that people may get started out with robotics in a way that is fun and engaging.
Of course, while there are robotics kits for children, there are also robotics kits for adults that let you build more complex robots that can perform more complicated tasks.
We’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best robotics kits for adults to try out.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best robotics kits for adults that I can buy?
- Contains everything you need to build GrabberBot or DigBot
- Can program the JIMU robots to navigate obstacles, pick-up objects, and more
- Program JIMU robots by creating entirely new, custom actions
- Includes 357 snap-together parts
- Coding needs some improvements
If you want to engage in hands-on STEM learning, you can do so by programming the JIMU robots that you can find in the UBTECH JIMU Robot Builderbots Kit.
You can use the Blockly coding platform, or you can even create entirely new, custom actions with the PRP (Pose, Record, Play) function.
- Perfect choice for beginners to learn robotics, electronics, and coding.
- You can build a robot tank or a three-wheeled robot car with this kit
- Uses mBlock software
- Easily control and assembly
- Programming the robot may be difficult for some
The Makeblock mBot Ranger 3-in-1 Transformable Educational Robot Kit is one of the top of our list simply because it caters very well towards beginners.
By following the instructions, you can either build a robot tank or a three-wheeled robot car with this kit and programming them is done via mBlock Software.
- Perfect robot kits for adults to learn Raspberry Pi
- Improved protection features base don user feedback from past models
- Wide-angle USB webcam to real-time image and video transmission.
- Remote control with the UI on PC or on a web browser
- The price tag
If you want to create a robotic car that can dodge obstacles and perform complex stunts, then you can get the SunFounder Smart Video Car Kit.
Not only will it move in an incredibly flexible manner, but the wide-angle camera makes it great for filming tight spaces and even certain reconnaissance missions.
- Real-time transmission of 5G HD video
- Programming languages and detailed tutorials
- Supports multiple functions, such as tracking, ultrasonic obstacle avoidance, going over obstacles, and more
- Can be remote controlled
- Not very beginner-friendly
If you want to build a tank that can intelligently track over obstacles or avoid them entirely then the Yahboom Professional Tank Robot Kit is the best choice for you.
Not only is the tank incredibly sturdy, but it can be controlled through a wide variety of methods, including through a mobile app that is Android and iOS compatible.
- Uses Arduino programming
- Adorable design
- The tutorial is easy to follow and also available on YouTube
- Makes for a great STEM toy
- Burns through batteries very fast
If you want to use your robotics skills to create something that is intelligent, fun to play with and adorable, then the ELEGOO Penguin Bot Kit is the right choice for you.
This kit allows you to build a programmable walker bot that can move, dance and avoid obstacles, and the software isn’t all that hard to comprehend at all.
Adults can be creative as well, and a good robotics kit is a great way to stimulate their creativity.
More so, they make for a good learning experience, since robotics kits are a good stepping stone towards more complex projects.
Lastly, they are also great for learning how to program Arduinos, Raspberry Pi’s, and other similar micro-controllers.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to assemble robots, you have to start with robotics kits for beginners. To give you an opinion on this, check out our best robotics kits for beginners guide.
Robots are usually programmed in C++ or Python. Feel free to check out our best coding robots to buy.
Programmable robots help users to learn robotics in a simple manner. Take a look at our top picks robotic kits for adults to buy.