Robotics is an engineering branch that pretty much brings together elements from all other engineering branches. Because of this, not everyone can understand it as easily.
That’s precisely why robotics kits exist, so that people may get started out with robotics in a way that is fun and engaging.
Of course, while there are robotics kits for children, there are also robotics kits for adults that let you build more complex robots that can perform more complicated tasks.
We’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best robotics kits for adults to try out.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best robotics kits for adults that I can buy?
Makeblock Starter Robot Kit
By following the instructions, you can either build a robot tank or a three-wheeled robot car with this kit and programming them is done via mBlock Software.
- Perfect choice for beginners to learn robotics, electronics, and coding.
- You can build a robot tank or a three-wheeled robot car with this kit
- Uses mBlock software
- Easily control and assembly
- Programming the robot may be difficult for some
UBTECH JIMU Robot Builderbots Kit
You can use the Blockly coding platform, or you can even create entirely new, custom actions with the PRP (Pose, Record, Play) function.
- Contains everything you need to build GrabberBot or DigBot
- Can program the JIMU robots to navigate obstacles, pick-up objects, and more
- Program JIMU robots by creating entirely new, custom actions
- Includes 357 snap-together parts
- Coding needs some improvements
SunFounder Smart Video Car Kit
Not only will it move in an incredibly flexible manner, but the wide-angle camera makes it great for filming tight spaces and even certain reconnaissance missions.
- Perfect robot kits for adults to learn Raspberry Pi
- Improved protection features base don user feedback from past models
- Wide-angle USB webcam to real-time image and video transmission.
- Remote control with the UI on PC or on a web browser
- You can learn how to code faster and easier than ever
- The price tag
Yahboom Professional Tank Robot Kit
Not only is the tank incredibly sturdy, but it can be controlled through a wide variety of methods, including through a mobile app that is Android and iOS compatible.
- Real-time transmission of 5G HD video
- Programming languages and detailed tutorials
- Tank robot supports multiple functions, such as tracking, ultrasonic obstacle avoidance, going over obstacles, and more
- Can be remote controlled
- Not very beginner-friendly
ELEGOO Penguin Bot Kit
This kit allows you to build a programmable walker bot that can move, dance and avoid obstacles, and the software isn’t all that hard to comprehend at all.
- Uses Arduino programming
- Adorable design
- The tutorial is easy to follow and also available on YouTube
- Makes for a great STEM toy
- Burns through batteries very fast
Closing thoughts on robotics kits for adults
Adults can be creative as well, and a good robotics kit is a great way to stimulate their creativity.
More so, they make for a good learning experience, since robotics kits are a good stepping stone towards more complex projects.
Lastly, they are also great for learning how to program Arduinos, Raspberry Pi’s, and other similar micro-controllers.