Solid state drives are great, especially if you need to quickly transfer your files. If you have an old SSD, you can easily transform it into external storage using an SSD enclosure.
Speaking of which, today we’re going to show you the best rugged SSD enclosures that you can buy, so let’s get started.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best rugged SSD enclosure deals to get?
UGREEN USB C Hard Drive Enclosure
This enclosure works with 2.5-inch hard drives and it allows you to easily connect them to any PC or laptop. This is a USB 3.1 device, so it offers transfer speed up to 6Gbps. The enclosure has a USB C Gen 2 connector, so you can connect it in a matter of moments.
The device is completely Plug and Play and it works with devices up to 10TB. The interior of the case is covered with soft EVA foam for protection while the exterior is made of fireproof and shockproof ABS material.
- Transfer speed up to 6Gbps
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C connector
- Fireproof, shockproof case with EVA foam
- USB cable issues
Inateck 2.5 External Hard Drive Enclosure
This enclosure uses USB 3.0 standard and it delivers transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. In addition, there’s support for UASP ensuring high transfer speeds. The device is completely Plug and play so no additional drivers are required.
Additional features include switch design that will securely lock your SSD. There’s also an auto-sleep feature that will turn off your SSD after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Transfer speed up to 5Gbps
- Lock design
- Plug and play
- Auto sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity
- It might look a bit cheap
Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD
This SSD enclosure is made for 2.5-inch SSDs, and it’s made from ultra-light aluminum that provides heat dissipation. Thanks to the USB 3.0 standard, this case provides transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. Of course, the case is compatible with older USB standards.
It’s worth mentioning that the case has silicone shockproof bumpers that will protect your drive from accidental falls.
- Designed for 2.5-inch drives
- Ultra-light aluminum case with silicone shockproof bumpers for extra protection
- USB 3.0 standard that delivers transfer speeds up to 5Gbps
- Issues with initial setup for some users
ineo 2.5″ USB 3.0 Rugged Hard Drive Enclosure
If you’re looking for a waterproof and shockproof case, this model is perfect for you. The enclosure comes with a compact silicon frame and ABS cover, so it’s quite durable. This model is compatible with 2.5-inch drives, and it has USAP protocol support.
This is a USB 3.0 enclosure, but it’s fully compatible with older USB standards.
- Waterproof and shockproof
- Made from silicon frame and ABS cover
- Uses 3.0 standard with USAP protocol for extra speed
- Compatible with older USB standards
- The built-in cord can be too short for some users
Cable Matters Premium Aluminum Enclosure
This enclosure supports 2.5-inch drives and thanks to the aluminum housing, your SSD will remain protected and cool. The case supports USB 3.1 standard and it can deliver speeds of 10Gbps on PC that support it.
The device has a USB-C port, so you connect it easily to any PC with the included cable. There’s also a UASP technology available that improves the transfer speeds.
- Uses USB 3.1 standard and it can provide transfer speeds up to 10Gbps
- Easy to connect thanks to the USB-C port
- Aluminum housing that protects and cools your drive
- UASP technology
- Minor design flaws
Final thoughts on best enclosures for SSD
Protecting your files is important, and if you have an old SSD that you want to convert into the portable drive, be sure to check out one of these great enclosures.