Best VPN software for Popcorn Time: Why you should use it in the first place
As there’s the ”Chicken or egg?” question, there’s also the question whether art (which movies and TV shows certainly are) should be available to all, without the price tag.
A lot of avid followers of the media don’t have the access or funds to enjoy the latest projects and they turn to Popcorn Time and similar online tools to stream media, both contemporary blockbusters, TV shows, feature films, and documentaries, respectively.
However, even though the ethics side is unclear, the anti-piracy law is, as always, pragmatic and rigid. So, today we’ll try to explain why one should use VPN when using Popcorn Time. Also, we made sure to offer some renowned VPN solutions that should do the job. Make sure to check it out below.
Should I use a VPN with Popcorn Time?
Let’s skip on the whole morality scheme and stick with theft of the intellectual property and boundaries imposed by the law. There’s a good reasoning behind saying that Popcorn Time is an illegal streaming service. Of course, it depends on the country you’re living in and the related law imposed.
However, to stream pirated movies or TV shows by using the torrent peer-2-peer sharing, without paying for them whatsoever is, indeed, a violation of digital distribution laws.
We won’t judge nor endorse this, but, let’s say that, hypothetically, you want to try out Popcorn Time. It’s not always as simple as it looks. Firstly, certain countries or individual ISPs might block the access to the download site, so you won’t be able to download the desktop client in the first place.
Also, even if you are able to do so, the aforementioned forces might stand in your way when you try to stream enlisted movies or TV shows. And, last but not least, you might as well play everything like no one’s watching, but they just might watch, if you catch my drift.
Because of that, and based on everything we said, the answer to the question is simple: yes, you’ll need the VPN tool to carefree utilize Popcorn Time. Especially if you’re concerned with regulations and possible consequences of, to some extent, breaking the law. We prepared a list of VPN solutions which should come in handy for the tasks at hand.
With them, you can hide your IP address by switching the region/country and avoid geo-restrictions while preserving your privacy.
CyberGhost is mostly our weapon of choice in these matters. We’re, indeed, endorsing it but that doesn’t cast the shadow on the overall reliability and functionality of this VPN tool. It comes only in the premium version which is, obviously, regulated by monthly subscription. However, you can try it out for 7 days free of charge and decide on your own.
Feature-wise, here’s what to expect of CyberGhost:
- 4 encryption protocols.
- Great server speeds.
- No logging or registration needed.
- 58 countries with 600 servers spread all over the globe.
- Ease of use. The UI is intuitive and the utilizing of the tool doesn’t require any pre-acquired knowledge.
- Multiplatform support. You can use it on your PC/Mac and handheld devices.
- Ad-blocker and anti-malware included.
If you’re even mildly interested in employing CyberGhost VPN for Popcorn Time and stream anonymous, you can check it out here.
– Buy now Cyber Ghost VPN (currently 77% off)
The same basically goes for NordVPN. Highly-regarded as one of the best VPN solutions out there, with the substantial base of every-day users and various tech enthusiasts high-grading it. The pricing might be a bit off, but certain users with premium needs will find it just a good fit in regards to value/price ratio.
NordVPN has a plethora of features and here are the important ones:
- Above-average privacy options.
- Great integration with the majority of apps.
- Fast and reliable bandwidth.
- Military-grade encryption.
- Convenient and user-friendly interface.
- Smart Play feature specially intended for streamers.
- Hundreds of servers in 60+ server locations all around the globe.
ExpressVPN is another quite popular and omnipresent tool in this niche. It’s well-adjusted for both newcomers and more experienced users, with all the tools for the job.
It also comes in the premium version, with remarkable bandwidth speeds and unlimited data. It’s widely advertised as the go-to solution by various tech and security-oriented publications.
- READ ALSO: FIX: ExpressVPN won’t install on Windows
Here are the most important features of ExpressVPN:
- Simple to use with tutorials and user-friendly design.
- Consistent high performance in bandwidth speeds with the low latency readings.
- Bulletproof encryption.
- Hundreds of servers positioned in more than 100 countries, including Africa and the Middle East.
- Multiplatform support for up to 3 devices simultaneously.
- Unlimited bandwidth and data.
You can check out ExpressVPN plans by following this link.
That should do it. We’re certain that most VPNs will provide you with enough tools to use Popcorn Time in private and without boundaries. However, the ones we enlisted check all the boxes. Finally, it’s your choice.
If you have an alternative VPN you’ll gladly recommend, be sure to do so in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- FIX: TunnelBear VPN Netflix error
- 4 best VPN software for Skype to download for free in 2018
- How to fix PureVPN Error 800
- ExpressVPN won’t work with Netflix? Here are 9 solutions to fix it
3 of the best VPN tools to use with Popcorn Time
The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is affected by quite a few major bugs. Due to this fact, many users started asking before-hand whether VirtualBox […]
If rumours are to be believed, Microsoft is going to launch a new Surface tablet with some impressive features. It is interesting to hear that […]