Those of you that are avid Xbox gamers probably know about the Xbox Elite controllers and how it is a premium controller released for Xbox One range of consoles and Windows 10 PCs.
The controller was originally bundled with the Xbox One Elite console, but it is sold separately as well.
A couple of versions of the Xbox Elite controllers were already released, and we’ve ranked them based on their functionality.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best Xbox elite controllers that I can buy?
- Modded exterior for a refined carbon fiber finish
- Unique design that will make your controller stand out
- Xbox Elite controllers used for the actual base controller
- Nothing much changed aside from the aesthetics
Sometimes if you’re browsing for a new controller, you might realize that the one you had before was already the best spec-wise.
When that happens, the only true change will come if you get something that is visually different, and that’s when a gaming controller like the Carbon UN-MODDED model may pique your interest.
It comes with the same controls and features as a regular Xbox Elite controller, but the outer shell is crafted to feature a carbon fiber pattern.
- Modded to behave well with FPS games
- Comes with an app that lets you customize performance and controls
- Brings your FPS games to a whole new level with a variety of fire modes
- First-time users may not know how to make use of it
On the opposite end of the spectrum, you may be just fine with a product’s exterior design, and the only thing that you actually want to change is the way it behaves.
That is when a modded Xbox controller can come in handy, such as the Black Out Xbox One S/X controller, a model that is optimized for FPS games.
Besides the actual controller, you also get an app that can help you reconfigure it so that whatever game you’re playing, it will respond just as efficiently.
- Several great color schemes to choose from
- Made specifically for all FPS games
- Simple-plug-and-play use
- The price tag considering the improvements
The Elite 2 Custom Controller for Xbox One is just a recolor of the Xbox One Elite Controller Rapid Fire Mod featuring a great gradient color pattern.
Not only will you now be able to play FPS games like a pro, but you will look good doing it as well, and it will give your favorite controller a little bit of extra personality.
You can choose from several different color schemes, so it suits a wider variety of tastes
- Tailor the controller with the new interchangeable thumbstick and paddle shapes
- Use Xbox Wireless, Bluetooth, or the included USB-C cable
- Limitless customization and exclusive configuration options
- Up to 40 hours of rechargeable battery life
- Some buttons may tend to get stuck
The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 is the second generation in the Elite series and it allows you to play like a pro and feel like a legend.
The interchangeable thumbstick and paddle shapes can be customized to fit your own needs, and the long battery life means you can go for days of playing without a recharge.
Just as specialized gaming gear costs a little extra but is made to specifically target the PC gaming industry, the same can be said about the Xbox Elite controllers.
While in theory all Xbox controllers are designed for gaming, the Elite series was created for those that game on a competitive level, and need all the help that they can get.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a complete list of the best controllers for your Xbox, check out this full guide.
Gaming controllers can be used for both console and PC games. Get the best ones on the market by visiting this list.
Performance-wise, Xbox Elite controllers are indeed better than regular controllers. Here’s a list of the best Xbox Elite models on the market.