There are different types of routers on the market, with one band, two-bands, and 3 bands versions.
The first option comes with speed limitations, the second is perfect for use in big houses and offices, and the third option is recommended for a high load network in a large space.
In this article, we will explore the best options of tri-band routers available on the market.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Sometimes, some of the deals listed in our guides may no longer be available by the time you hit the buy button. So, hurry up and grab them while they’re hot. Check out more Black Friday deals:
Which are the best tri-band routers that go on sale this Black Friday?
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- 64/128-bit Wi-Fi encryption
- Mu-mimo compatible
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
- Signal strength is not that powerful
The Max-Stream AC2200 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Tri-Band Router from Linksys is one of the light-weight options of tri-band routers on the market.
It’s ideal for households with heavy Wi-Fi use, this tri-band router delivers combined speeds of up to 2.2 Gbps. The router also features MU-MIMO technology.
- 1Gb RAM
- Intelligent traffic optimization
- One 2.4 Ghz band + 2 x 5Ghz bands
- Mu-mimo + airtime compatible
- 8 USB 3.0 ports
- Slow reboot
TP-link Archer C5400X is one of the best routers on the market with a 1.8 Ghz 64 Bit Quad Core CPU.
The Archer C5400X offers twice as many Gigabit Ethernet ports as most other routers. The gaming router harnesses MU-MIMO and Airtime Fairness to understand your Wi-Fi needs.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro
- Reboots randomly
This router has a 1.8 Ghz Quad Core Processor, 8 Gigabit landports, and USB 3.0.
The game Intrusion Prevention System protects your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they can reach your network or devices.
- Up to 5400 Mbps AC Wi-Fi speed
- Tri-Band 2.4 GHz (1000 Mbps) + 5 GHz (2167 Mbps) + 5GHz (2167 Mbps)
- 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor + 3 Co-Processors
- 1x 3.0 USB, 1x 2.0 USB
- Resets randomly
TP-Link Archer C5400 is another great option if you need a performant tri-band router.
Its XStream architecture includes a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and three co-processors. It comes with antivirus, parental controls and QoS. You have a 3-in-1 solution: Wi-Fi, antivirus and parental controls in one.
- 3.2 Gbps speeds
- 6 atennas
- 1 Ghz Dual Core processor
- Free ReadyShare app
- USB 3.0
- Some issues with the software
Gigabit ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, and other devices. The two USB ports allows you to share a storage drive across your network.
All in all, it is one of the best Netgear triband routers around.
Which router are you going to buy? Let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several tri-band router brands on the market, but to be sure to find the proper one for your needs, take a look at our best tri-band router deals.
Buying a router depends a lot on the need you have. If your house is very big, then maybe you should consider buying a good tri-band mesh Wi-Fi system.
One of the fastest routers on the market is from Netgear. Fore more information, take a closer look at our best Netgear router deals.