Routers Compatible with Windows 10: 5 Best Options of 2023
- If you're looking for routers that work with Windows 10, there are many categories that would interest you.
- Some products are great for playing games and come with gamer-oriented features.
- We've also included some routers that have a wide area coverage and strong signal.
- Don't want to spend much on a new Wi-fi adapter? You'll find some budget-cost options below.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional working in an office space or a home user, a good router is a must.
And, while the majority of routers will work with Windows 10, there’s always a good reason to keep up with the technology standards and switch to something faster, more reliable, and capable.
Especially if you need a good router for gaming on or have a multitude of devices that crave a stable connection, even over distance.
Today, we bring you a list of the best routers in 5 different categories that are fully compatible with Windows 10. Learn more about them and make an informed choice.
What are the best Wi-Fi Routers for Windows 10?
Linksys AC1900 EA7500 Routers
- 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 10+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modems
- Flawless 4k HD streaming, gaming, and more
- Dual-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.7 Gbps
- The router is a bit large, making it difficult to place in smaller spaces
For homes with high levels of traffic, the Linksys AC1900 should be the best overall router that works with Windows 10.
The Linksys AC1900 offers the best router for multiple users to connect a maximum of 12 devices without causing latency or decreasing speed.
With a dual-band, wireless router users can easily connect multiple devices even for high-rise building aided by beamforming technology.
Other exceptional features the Linksys AC1900 router offers include faster speed streaming while using MIMO (multiple users) technologies.
The dual-band is set at 2.4GHZ and 5 GHz bands delivering approximately 600 Mbps and 1300 Mbps respectively. And with Amazon’s Alexa functionality user gets any question answered instantly.
ASUS AC3100 T-AC88U
- 1024 Qam technology 80% faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps
- 2.4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design
- Expansive connectivity options
- Powerful 1.4 GigaHertz dual core processo
- The USB 3.0 port is positioned awkwardly
The ASUS AC3100 T-C88U is arguably the best gaming-oriented router that works with Windows 10. Every gamer should appreciate the ruggedness of this router built on the WTFast game accelerator for the best gaming.
Gaming requires a lot of bandwidth but especially low latency. The ASUS 8 LAN ports, 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 3.0 and 2.0 standard ports make data transfer fast and efficient.
Using a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, a 512 MB memory there is no limit to what a gamer can achieve.
And to provide convenience the ASUS AC3100 T-AC88U allows the user to work from anywhere within the home or office. It can extensively cover up to 5,000 square feet.
It has a secure network using Artificial intelligence for network protection and Mesh Wi-Fi systems to keep user data safe always.
- Whole home mesh Wi-Fi coverage of up to 5,000 sq
- Extend coverage up to 2,500 square feet with additional satellites
- Tri-band backhaul between your Orbi router and satellite
- Powers up to 3Gbps of streaming HD video, gaming, or internet browsing
- Additional extenders are sold separately
Netgear is the best wider coverage router, a reliable brand offering an assortment of the top Wide Coverage Wi-Fi routers money can buy. It provides users with bundles of exciting Wi-Fi-powered features.
Additionally, it has an easy-to-install setup, and the Netgear Orbi provides a Wi-Fi Router and Satellite Extender in one single product.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Its MESH technology works with a tri-band system to improve signal reach and maintain signal consistency anywhere. Other unique benefits include its extended reach of 4,000 square feet with room for further extension.
The Netgear Orbi works perfectly with the dual-band coverage at 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. The Guest capability allows for guests to access your Wi-Fi network without the need to share and compromise your password.
Also, it comes with built-in antivirus powered by Bitdefender for real-time protection against all threats.
Netgear Nighthawk X10
- Fast Wi-Fi performance with up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage
- Tri-band AD7200 speed up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps – for 60Ghz band devices
- Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas
- Advanced technology: Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- Bad web interface
Streaming with the Netgear Nighthawk X10 on 820.11ac, with quad streaming and Wave 2, Wi-Fi connectivity becomes a lot more fun.
We’re looking at the best router that works with Windows 10 that allows for multiple 4K streaming at top speed.
This is made possible with the quad-core processor of 1.7GHz Quad-core transferring as much as 7,2Gbps. The Netgear X10 uses QoS0 priority technology to determine bandwidth and data allocation for each device or application.
QoS system ensures 1.7 GHz quad-core provides faster signals for streaming. The Mu-MIMO technology (Multiple-user, multiple-input, multiple-output systems) also aids better live streaming using upload without buffering.
Also, the Nighthawk X10 works perfectly for small and larger home or office settings. With the Nighthawk app installing the device is rather easy.
It also incorporates a user interface for managing internet activities – access, checking internet speed, etc. The user also can enjoy additional media operations and storage for other accessories and the 8 Ethernet ports.
TP-Link AC1200 Archer C50
- AC Wi-Fi with speeds up to 1200 Mbps
- Fast Ethernet ports, ideal for homes with up to 100 Mbps
- Supports Amazon Alexa
- TP-Link Tether app
- Non-removable antennas
If you’re looking for the best overall router that won’t deplete your budget, look no further than TP-Link AC1200 Archer C50.
This dual-band router maintains a stable network at 867 Mbps at 5GHz and 300 Mbps at 2.4GHz using Signal Sustain Technology throughput.
Its network is strong enough with low latency to guarantee reliable streaming for most regular users.
The TP-Link Tether app allows you to control and easily set up AC1200, while Alexa compatibility provides you with voice-control capabilities.
Additionally, the TP-Link AC1200 Archer C50 comes with one USB 2.0 port, removable antennas, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, plus a bandwidth controller (IP-based).
While it might not necessarily be the best product on the market, it does offer a pocket-friendly option to surf the web, stream videos, and gaming.
Do you want to have a smoother internet connection? Here’s a great list of the best Wi-Fi quality software to assess your connection.
Which one of these routers is the perfect fit for you? Do you happen to know of another great product that we should include in the list? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.