Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
In this day and age, the battle to block facial recognition software is more intense than ever. From the fight against third-party apps and companies that gather your data and sell it to the highest bidder, to protecting our right to express ourselves online without being censored.
The next level of privacy wars are soon to come as the newly released facial recognition software is starting to be implemented across the globe. China has already implemented this feature by using its massive surveillance system, Australia is testing it, and trials were conducted in London also.
Even though this situation might seem like a scene from George Orwell’s 1984 book, important discussions need to be carried about how we can protect ourselves.
Depending on how advanced the facial recognition software is, it usually works based on specific markers. These markers are applied by measuring the distance between your most prominent facial features – eyes, nose, mouth, head shape, etc.
In this article, we will explore some of the best options available that can help you fool facial recognition software. Read on to find out how.
How can I block facial recognition software?
1. Disable facial recognition on Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to Settings.
- Navigate to Face Recognition in the left pane.
- Set Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos in videos to No.
- Save changes.
2. Use D-ID firewall
One application that can block facial recognition software is D-ID. According to the developers, D-ID has a system that processes images automatically in order to prevent facial recognition software from recognizing you.
Although this firewall sounds incredible, it’s still in development, but you can request a demo if you want.
3. Use FaceShield
- Go to FaceShield website.
- Click on Upload now.
- Select the image you want.
- Now choose the filter strength. Bear in mind that this filter will apply certain distortions to your image, so choose the filter strength carefully.
4. Other practical tips
- Wear sunglasses. This is the simplest trick, but it might block facial recognition software from recognizing you in public.
- Change your hairstyle. Keep changing your hairstyle frequently for the best results.
- Apply heavy makeup or wear face accessories.
As the world is constantly changing, having the required information in order to protect yourself from preying eyes becomes increasingly important.
In this article, we explored some of the best methods that allow you to fool facial recognition software. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions by using the comment section below.