How to fix Brave Browser issues on Windows 10
More and more users become interested in their online privacy. They want to be able to control what and how much data tech companies can collect on them.
This tool lets users browse much faster by blocking ads and trackers that violate user privacy. So, in this manner, you can hit two birds with one stone: your privacy is protected and you can enjoy faster browsing.
The Brave Browser is sometimes affected by various issues on Windows 10: install fails, mysterious error codes appear on the screen, and so on.
This post will show you how you can fix common Brave Browser bugs on Windows PCs.
SOLVED: Brave Browser won’t work
But first, how about installing a bug-free browser?
What if there’s a way to avoid bugs altogether with an alternative browser. Consider UR Browser which is, as all evidence suggests, a bug-free alternative for Brave Browser.
Instead of going through a cumbersome troubleshooting procedure, why not cop out for UR Browser which brings a seamless use along with the privacy-oriented core and rather modern, intuitive design.
You can give it a go and see for yourself. Whether we’re talking about watching videos, browsing news articles, downloading content — UR Browser works as one would expect: steadily fast and remarkably safe.
If you prefer to stick to Brave, then follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix your browser problems.
1. Clear browsing history, cache, and cookies
Many users confirmed that three or more days of browsing are sometimes enough to make the browser laggy and even cause freezes and crashes. So, in this case, the best solution is to remove your browsing history and get rid of the cache.
- Launch the Brave browser > select the Menu icon > go to Settings
- Click on the Security option > select Clear Browsing Data
- Click on the Clear button
- A new window will pop up listing 8 options:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cached images and files
- Saved password
- All site cookies
- Autocomplete data
- Autofill data
- Saved site settings and permissions
- Select the items that you want to delete and then click Clear.
In case you want to be secure while surfing the internet, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Cyberghost VPN and secure yourself. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
2. Run SFC scan
All the apps and programs that you install on Windows 10 depend on the OS to run properly. If there are any corrupted or missing system files, you may encounter various issues when launching your apps and programs.
You can quickly fix file corruption issues by using the System File Checker Tool. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right click on Command Prompt and run it as administrator
- Enter the sfc /scannow command and hit Enter
- Wait until the scanning process is complete and then restart your computer.
3. Re-install the Brave Browser folder
Before you use this solution, it is worth mentioning that you will lose all your Brave browser data. This solution is particularly useful for fixing corrupted profile issues, bad shortcuts, and similar severe issues.
- Go to Start > type ‘add or remove’ and select the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ option to uninstall Brave
- Navigate to %userprofile%AppDataLocal > simply delete the Brave folder
- Now, go to %userprofile%AppDataRoaming > delete the Brave folder
- Delete all the copies of the installers to make sure all the files and folders have been removed
- Delete the Brave shortcut from your desktop and taskbar
- Reboot your machine
- Download the Brave installer again and re-install the browser.
There you go, we hope that these quick solutions helped you fix your Brave browser issues.
If you want to protect your personal data while browsing the Internet, check out the guides listed below:
- Here’s what the latest tests reveal about IoT privacy flaws
- Top 13 laptop privacy software to use in 2019
- Your ISP can sell your browsing history: Here’s how to protect your privacy
- DuckDuckGo founder answers user questions about online privacy
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Windows 10 is an amazing operating system with many features and great versatility. No matter what peripherals are you trying to connect to it, even […]
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]