- In the past years, the browsers market has been flooded with new products. The Brave browser is one of them that managed to catch some attention.
- If your browser is not opening in Windows 10, this article goes through a couple of solutions for you to try.
- We have a wide range of browser errors that we wrote articles about.
- If you are having any kind of issues, see our troubleshooting tech problems section for in-depth tutorials.
More and more users become interested in their online privacy. They want to be able to control what and how much data tech companies can collect on them.
This tool lets users browse much faster by blocking ads and trackers that violate user privacy. So, in this manner, you can hit two birds with one stone: your privacy is protected and you can enjoy faster browsing.
The Brave Browser is sometimes affected by various issues on Windows 10: install fails, mysterious error codes appear on the screen, and so on. Here is a more complete list:
- Brave Browser not opening – in Windows 10, some users have trouble opening the app. Reinstalling usually does the trick.
- Brave Browser keeps crashing – in this case, you should definitely check your extensions and remove what probably causes the crash.
- Brave Browser black screen – it shows either internal issues or a graphics card driver problem. Keep your drivers updated.
- Brave Browser won’t install – this issue might be because of previously installed software. As suggested here, an SFC scan might do the trick.
This post will show you how you can fix common Brave Browser bugs on Windows PCs.
How to fix Brave browser not opening in Windows
But first, how about installing a bug-free browser?
What if there’s a way to avoid bugs altogether with an alternative browser. Consider Opera which is quite the veteran as opposed to Brave which is a newcomer.
Even if it’s been on the market for so long, Opera continued pushing the envelope. It has reinvented itself a few times already. Now it is based on Chromium, just like Brave.
Unlike Brave, however, there are fewer errors and issues.
More importantly, it is also privacy-focused: you will still get anti-tracking technology, adblocker, and even an anti-crypto mining feature.
The feature list doesn’t stop here:
- free VPN included
- Workspaces to manage different groups of tabs together
- various social networks integrated straight in the sidebar
A superb, error-free alternative to the Brave Browser. Download Opera to experience browsing in a new way.
If you prefer to stick to Brave, then follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix your browser problems.
1. Clear browsing history, cache, and cookies
Many users confirmed that three or more days of browsing are sometimes enough to make the browser laggy and even cause freezes and crashes. So, in this case, the best solution is to remove your browsing history and get rid of the cache.
- Launch the Brave browser > select the Menu icon > go to Settings
- Click on the Security option > select Clear Browsing Data
- Click on the Clear button
- A new window will pop up listing 8 options:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cached images and files
- Saved password
- All site cookies
- Autocomplete data
- Autofill data
- Saved site settings and permissions
- Select the items that you want to delete and then click Clear.
Quite a lot to do, isn’t it? If only there was a way to automate this. And perhaps do the same thing to other browsers installed.
Wait, there is! Try CCleaner right away to automatically clean the browsing history, cookies, and cache from Brave, Firefox, Chrome, and others as well.
You will also benefit from a total PC cleanup as well.
With CCleaner, your computer will run faster because of the Windows registry cleanup and it will perform better as well. More so, you will gain valuable space because it will identify and delete necessary files that take space.
Automatically perform maintenance tasks and more with the #1 PC Cleaner.
In case you want to be secure while surfing the Internet, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Cyberghost VPN and secure yourself. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
2. Run SFC scan
All the apps and programs that you install on Windows 10, depend on the OS to run properly. If there are any corrupted or missing system files, you may encounter various issues when launching your apps and programs.
You can quickly fix file corruption issues by using the System File Checker Tool. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click on Command Prompt and run it as administrator
- Enter the sfc /scannow command and hit Enter
- Wait until the scanning process is complete and then restart your computer.
3. Re-install the Brave Browser folder
Before you use this solution, it is worth mentioning that you will lose all your Brave browser data. This solution is particularly useful for fixing corrupted profile issues, bad shortcuts, and similar severe issues.
- Go to Start > type add or remove and select the Add/Remove Programs option to uninstall Brave
- Navigate to %userprofile%AppDataLocal > simply delete the Brave folder
- Now, go to %userprofile%AppDataRoaming > delete the Brave folder
- Delete all the copies of the installers to make sure all the files and folders have been removed
- Delete the Brave shortcut from your desktop and taskbar
- Reboot your machine
- Download the Brave installer again and reinstall the browser.
There you go, we hope that these quick solutions helped you fix your Brave browser from not opening.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.