- Some users reported encountering a dlg flags invalid ca error when using Chrome.
- Because of the browser's popularity, we've decided to cover the topic in the article below.
- Find out more about this amazing tool by visiting our dedicated Google Chrome page.
- If you have other browsers that need fixing, go to our website's Browsers Hub.
The dls flags invalid ca error is one that can occur in numerous browsers. When that error arises, browsers display a This site is not secure error message in a tab that includes the browser error code dlg flags invalid ca.
How do I fix Google security certificate errors?
1. Try out a different browser
If you’re tired of seeing the same old error messages on most of your browsers, then suggest you switch them with a better alternative.
On that note, we would like to showcase Opera, a web browser built using the Chromium engine that boasts high levels of security, along with a light feel and low resource requirements.
Given your current situation, you’ll like knowing that Opera is also frequently updated, sometimes every day, so any potential errors you may encounter won’t be there for long anyway.
Besides, you don’t have to worry about websites actually not being secure, since the browser comes with a built-in VPN and ad-blocker that will greatly diminish the rate at which you encounter them.
OperaIf you want to know what it is like to visit your favorite websites without running into error messages, then look no further than Opera!
2. Check the Time and Date Settings
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input ‘date’ in the Type here to search box.
- Then click Date & time to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Then select the Set time automatically option if it’s not already selected.
- If the time and date don’t seem quite right even with the Set time automatically option enabled, try syncing the clock with a time-server.
- Click the Add clocks for different time zones option.
- Then select the Internet Time tab shown directly below.
- Press the Change settings button to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Synchronize with an Internet time-server option. Then choose a server on the drop-down menu.
- Press the Update now button.
2. Clear the browser’s cache
- Click the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Click More tools and select Clear browsing data.
- Then click the Advanced tab shown below.
- Select All time on the Time range drop-down menu.
- Select the Cached images and files checkbox.
- Press the Clear data button.
4. Reset the Browser
- Click Customize and Control Google Chrome to open that browser’s menu.
- Select Settings to open the tab in the snapshot directly below.
- Scroll down Settings, and press the Advanced button.
- Then click the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- To further confirm, press the Reset settings button.
4. Deselect the Warn About the Certificate Address Mismatch Option
- Press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the keyword ‘internet options’ in the search box.
- Select Internet Options to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Then uncheck the Warn about certificate address mismatch box.
- Select the Apply option, and click OK to exit the window.
- Thereafter, restart Windows.
Note that the browser error code dlg flags invalid ca also arise due to website administrators not renewing their sites‘ certificates. In which case, some users might need to remind site administrators to update their websites’ certificates.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.