The dls flags invalid ca error is one that can occur in numerous browsers. When that error arises, browsers display a This site is not secure error message in a tab that includes the browser error code dlg flags invalid ca.
The error occurs when browsers don’t recognize websites’ certificates or the certificates become invalid.
How do I fix Google security certificate errors?
1. Check the Time and Date Settings
- The certificate error often arises due to inaccurate date and time settings on laptops or desktops. To check the date and time configuration, press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input ‘date’ in the Type here to search box.
- Then click Date & time to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Then select the Set time automatically option if it’s not already selected.
- If the time and date don’t seem quite right even with the Set time automatically option enabled, try syncing the clock with a time-server. Click the Add clocks for different time zones option.
- Then select the Internet Time tab shown directly below.
- Press the Change settings button to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the Synchronize with an Internet time-server option. Then choose a server on the drop-down menu.
- Press the Update now button.
2. Clear the Browser’s Cache
- The dlg_flags_invalid_ca can also appear due to browsers opening cached webpages instead of updated ones. So, clearing browser caches is another potential resolution; and users can clear Chrome’s cache by clicking the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Click More tools and select Clear browsing data.
- Then click the Advanced tab shown below.
- Select All time on the Time range drop-down menu.
- Select the Cached images and files check box.
- Press the Clear data button.
3. Reset the Browser
- Resetting browsers is another potential resolution as that will clear the cache, turn off extensions, and restore the browsers to their default configuration. To reset Google Chrome, click Customize and Control Google Chrome to open that browser’s menu.
- Select Settings to open the tab in the snapshot directly below.
- Scroll down Settings, and press the Advanced button.
- Then click the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- To further confirm, press the Reset settings button.
4. Deselect the Warn About the Certificate Address Mismatch Option
- Users can also disable the dls flags invalid ca certificate address mismatch warnings so they don’t pop up in browsers. To do so, press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the keyword ‘internet options’ in the search box.
- Select Internet Options to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Then uncheck the Warn about certificate address mismatch box.
- Select the Apply option, and click OK to exit the window.
- Thereafter, restart Windows.
Note that the browser error code dlg flags invalid ca also arise due to website administrators not renewing their sites‘ certificates. In which case, some users might need to remind site administrators to update their websites’ certificates.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: “There is a problem connecting securely to this website” invalid certificate error
- Err_cert_authority_invalid on Chrome: Fix this error in under 2 minutes
- NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID error on Google Chrome [FIXED]