A browser error has occurred when accessing Google Docs [FIXED]
Are you getting the error code A browser error has occurred when accessing Google Docs? Read on, we have applicable workarounds for this error message.
The error message is displayed with the prompt: A browser error has occurred. Please hold the Shift key and click the Refresh button to try again. This error usually occurs most especially on Mozilla Firefox while accessing Google Docs.
There are just a couple of reasons for this error which include excess browser cache, and/or browser error. The basic workaround would be to click the “Refresh” menu indicate in the error prompts.
However, there are several other workarounds which are applicable in fixing A browser error has occurred error message.
What to do if you can’t access Google Docs on Chrome
- Use CCleaner
- Repair PC Registry
- Use another web browser
- Run DISM RestoreHealth
- Reset web browser
- Update web browser
- Install the latest Windows Update
Method 1: Use CCleaner
A browser error has occurred is caused by excess web browser cache. Hence, you need to clear your web browser cache with an automated tool. CCleaner, on the other hand, has a tool known as browser cleaner. This tool cleans up your browser and gets rid of components which caused the error message.
Follow these steps in order to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner free version or Download CCleaner Pro version.
- Install and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner and then click on “Analyze” option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on “Run Cleaner”. Follow the prompts to enable CCleaner to delete the temporary files.
Meanwhile, if the error prompt persists, you may proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Repair PC Registry
System File Checker is a built-in Windows utility program that scans for system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Meanwhile, if you still get the prompt ‘a browser error has occurred’, you may proceed to the next method.
Method 3: Use another web browser
In addition, if a browser error has occurred error persists after trying out any of the solutions we mentioned above. Then, you might want to consider using alternative web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Pale Moon, Microsoft Edge, etc.
But we’re more inclined to suggest using UR Browser than any other mainstream browser. This browser based on the Chromium platform offers everything Chrome offers, adding the privacy protection and a few extra layers of security to the user’s experience.
Majority of issues on Chrome or Mozilla are usually add-ons, and UR Browser doesn’t need them all that much. It comes with a built-in VPN and ad-blocker and encrypts the data better than any other browser. In comparison to the safest browser out there, Tor, UR Browser comes with an intuitive design and a variety of customization options.
Check it out today and learn for yourself.
Method 4: Run DISM RestoreHealth
RestoreHealth performs repair operation automatically and then records those to the log file. Perform both scans so as to resolve the issue.
- Click Start
- In the search field box, type CMD
- Click Command Prompt in the search results list
- Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to scan and correct any error.
- Press Enter
- Reboot your PC afterward
Method 5: Reset web browser
Resetting your web browser will cleanse your web browser and restore it back to its default state. This process will get rid of invalid settings, add-ons, or injected browser settings causing “a browser error has occurred” error prompt. For instance, you can reset your Google Chrome web browser by following these steps:
- Double-click on Google Chrome shortcut to launch the software
- Locate the “settings button” at the top right corner (3 dots) and click on it.
- Now, scroll down and select “Show advanced settings”.
- Hence, scroll down and click “Reset Settings”.
- A pop up will appear asking for confirmation. Click on “Reset”.
- Restart your PC afterward.
Solution 6: Update web browser
Also, you may be using an older Mozilla Firefox version which could be responsible for “a browser error has occurred” error prompt. Therefore, you should update your web browser to resolve this issue. Here’s to update Mozilla Firefox web browser:
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose Help.
- Now select About Firefox from the menu.
- A new window will now appear showing you the version of Firefox you’re using.
- READ ALSO:Fix: “Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage” error in Google Chrome
Method 7: Install the latest Windows Update
Lastly, we do recommend that you run Windows Update to fix the error problem. Microsoft constant releases can tweak your Windows PC to a vibrant state; this improves the system’s stability and fixes a plethora of issues and errors on your Windows PC. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
In conclusion, feel free to comment below if you have any question concerning the workarounds we mentioned above.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATC: How to fix this browser error
- How to fix ‘This website might not be trusted by your browser’ error
- How to fix ‘Server not Found’ error in Firefox browser
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2018 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Every photographer knows the importance of an image that shows all the details of a captured scene. This becomes particularly difficult while taking close-range shots […]
MS Word and Google Docs are two of the foremost word processing applications. Both those word processors include numbered bullet list formatting options. However, Word […]