Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Even though BINGE allows to access its platform and watch videos from most modern browsers, users may still get an unsupported browser or similar error message.
- If you use an outdated version of a supported browser, updating it may solve the problem.
- You can follow other methods mentioned in this article if the problem still exists.
Are you encountering the problem: browser not supported in BINGE? This article will show how you can fix this type of error.
Binge is an Australian streaming platform that is a source of entertainment for a significant number of users. Though this service is available in Australia only, people around the world use it using top-class VPNs.
A significant number of users have talked about a problem with browser compatibility with BINGE. Only this problem has ruined the experience for a large number of users. It doesn’t matter if you are using any of the best browsers or not, the problem may appear in any situation.
Please note that BINGE error 008 is related to browser compatibility too. So, if you see such error codes, the solutions from this article will still work.
Can you watch BINGE in a browser?
Yes. You can easily watch BINGE in any compatible web browser from a computer or supported device.
Even though BINGE has apps for smartphones, tabs, and TVs, many people prefer to watch on desktop browsers for their convenience.
What browsers does BINGE support?
To watch on BINGE, you must use any of these recommended browsers as these are officially supported.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
You will not generally face any problems watching videos on this platform from a desktop browser. The following methods will solve the issue if it shows any incompatibility or browser support-related error.
What to do when a browser is not supported by BINGE?
1. Update the browser
1.1 Update Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome.
- Click on three vertical dots and Settings as shown in the screenshot.
- Go to About Chrome.
- Google Chrome will check for the update and install any available one automatically.
- Relaunch the browser.
1.2 Update Firefox
- Click on three vertical lines and go to Help.
- Go to About Firefox.
- Firefox will automatically check for updates and install if any update is available.
You may face BINGE not working on Chrome or Firefox even though these are compatible browsers. Updating these browsers may fix the problem.
2. Clear browsing data
- Open your browser.
- Press CTRL + Shift + Del on your keyboard to go to the appropriate page.
- Set All time as the time range.
- Tick Cache images and files and then click on Clear data.
Now, try to watch anything on Binge and see if it fixes the browser support issue or not.
3. Disable third-party extension
3.1 Disable in Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome.
- Click on the extension icon and then on Manage extensions.
- Toggle the switch off next to the extensions you want to disable.
3.2 Disable in Firefox
- Type the following address on the Firefox address bar and hit Enter.
- Go to Extensions and then toggle the switch off for the add-ons you want to disable.
Some extensions tend to interfere with the BINGE platform, which may cause playback problems on your browser. As a result, you will see not supported or not compatible type errors. Disabling the extensions will solve the issue.
Extra tips to fix browser not supported error on Binge
The problem can also be a result of your internet connectivity issue, which may show various error codes that are similar to the ones that indicate browser incompatibilities. In this case, contact your ISP to improve the connection.
Additionally, you can use a VPN like Private Internet Access (PIA) to see if it helps. In many cases, this VPN can give you a better experience if your existing connection routing has some issues.
Even though you are using a BINGE-supported browser, you may still get the error. In this case, you may consider using a different browser like Opera One to see if it helps.
These are the best ways to fix the browser not supported BINGE problem. If you know any better way, feel free to let us know in the comment box.