MEGA is a cloud storage service that’s a notable alternative to the likes of OneDrive, Google Drive, and DropBox.
However, an Out of HTML5 Offline Storage Space error occasionally occurs for Chrome users when they try to download files of gigabyte proportions from mega.nz.
That error message states, Your browser storage for MEGA is full.
Why is my HTML5 offline storage space full?
1. Delete the Mega.nz Cookie
- Some users have said that deleting the mega.nz cookie in Chrome resolves the Browser storage for MEGA is full error (at least temporarily). First, click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the top right of the browser.
- Select Settings to open Chrome’s Settings tab.
- Click Advanced to expand the tab.
- Click Site settings to open the content permissions as shown directly below.
- Then click Cookies to open the options in the snapshot directly below.
- Click See all cookies and site data to open a list of cookie data.
- Then enter ‘mega.nz’ in the search box.
- Thereafter, click the bin button for the mega.nz cookie. That will free up cookie storage so that the browser can download the file(s).
2. Reset Google Chrome
- Resetting Google Chrome might fix the “browser storage for MEGA is full” error as that will also erase cookie data. To do that, open the browser‘s menu by clicking the Customize and Control Google Chrome button.
- Select Settings to open that tab.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down to the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Then click Restore settings to their original defaults, and press the Reset button option.
3. Download Files With MegaDownloader
Alternatively, users might find that they can download large files ok with the MegaDownloader software. That’s a dedicated download manager for mega.nz with fewer file download shortcomings than Chrome.
Thus, the “browser storage for MEGA is full” error might not arise for users who utilize that software as it doesn’t store cookies. Users can add that software to Windows by clicking Download on the MegaDownloader page.
Those are some of the resolutions that might fix “browser storage for MEGA is full” HTML5 error. Note that the issue can also arise when there’s only a small amount of free HDD storage space.
Therefore, some users might also need to free up some hard drive storage by removing the software.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- MEGA Privacy brings 50GB of free cloud storage space to Windows 10
- A new MEGA app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile is in the works
- 4 of the best decentralized cloud storage solutions to use in 2019