- Twitch is one of the most entertaining gaming streaming platforms in the world with millions of active users and world class streamers.
- The worst thing in the world that can happen to gaming fans is not being able to watch the gameplay stream they want.
- If you can't watch videos on Twitch due to browser errors, this guide is the answer to all your prayers.
- Bookmark our hub dedicated to web browsers for additional guides on how to enjoy the best possible browsing experience on PC.
This is how one user described the issue in the Reddit thread:
I keep getting a “media playback aborted error” when trying to use firefox. It will play fine crome. Firefox is fully updated as is window7 professional which i what I’m using. Tracking protection is off. Any idea how to fix it?
What to do if your browser doesn’t support video playback on Twitch
1. Try a different browser
If you continue to have difficulties using Twitch, then maybe you should change your browser. However, if you are going to do that anyway might as well go for a web browser that ahs dedicated Twitch integration, allowing for the best streaming experience.
This browser is called Opera GX, and it is the world’s first and best browser dedicated to gamers.
The UI is just a wonder to look like, it is extremely customizable, and has all the tools that a gamer would need, among which is the Twitch Integration.
Enjoy fluid Twitch Streaming like never before, and take advantage, since it is free anyway.
Enjoy Twitch streams from withing the best gamer's web browser in the world, and make sure your own gaming sessions go smoothly as well.
2. Enable media.autoplay.enabled option Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Search for media.autoplay.enabled value and make sure that it’s set to Enabled.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
3. Enable software rendering
- First, hold press the Windows Key + the S button. This will open the search box.
- Type internet options in and click on the first result from the search.
- Go to the Advanced tab option.
- Locate the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option and enable it.
5. Finally, restart your computer and check if the error still persists.
We hope that this article has been able to help you solve this video issue on Twitch.
The solutions written above are also useful if you were interested in the following topics:
- Your browser does not support playback of this video Twitch
- Twitch your browser does not support playback of this video
- Firefox twitch your browser does not support playback of this video
Frequently Asked Questions
There might be several reasons as to why Twitch videos fail to load. Here are some of the most common ones: server issues on Twitch’s side, slow Internet connection issues on the user’s side, bandwidth limitations on the user’s side.
If your own Twitch stream is not visible, check your Twitch profile settings and make sure there are no active settings that may prevent your stream from showing on the platform.
Twitch live stream videos get deleted after 14 days for regular broadcasters, while the streams of Twitch Partners, Twitch Prime, and Twitch Turbo users get deleted after 60 days.