Browser does not support playback of this video Twitch error [FIX]
The error message Your browser does not support playback of this video usually appears while trying to watch a Twitch video. However, there’s a way to fix this problem once and for all.
This is how one user described the issue in the Reddit thread:
I keep getting a “media playback aborted error” when trying to use firefox. It will play fine crome. Firefox is fully updated as is window7 professional which i what I’m using. Tracking protection is off. Any idea how to fix it?
What do do if your browser doesn’t support video playback on Twitch?
1. Enable media.autoplay.enabled option Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Search for media.autoplay.enabled value and make sure that it’s set to Enabled.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
2. Try a different browser
If you’re still having this problem, perhaps the best way to deal with it is to try a different browser.
UR Browser has all the features that Google Chrome has, but it’s built with user security and privacy in mind. The browser has its own malware protection as well as anti-tracking protection. In addition, there’s a built-in VPN and extra-secure private browsing mode.
Of course, UR Browser can handle multimedia better than other browsers due to its optimization, so if you’re looking for a new browser, be sure to try out UR Browser.
3. Enable software rendering
- First, hold press the Windows Key + the S button. This will open the search box.
- Type internet options in and click on the first result from the search.
- Go to the Advanced tab option.
- Locate the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option and enable it.
5. Finally, restart your computer and check if the error still persists.
We hope that this article has been able to help you solve the error this browser does not support video playback problem.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- SOLVED 100%: Twitch won’t load on Chrome
- FIX: Twitch is giving me a black screen in Chrome
- 7 solutions to fix Twitch error 2000
Have you ever had There was a problem updating your controller error while you were trying to update your Xbox One controller? If the answer […]
Microsoft is currently testing a new Windows 10 build 18362.10005 that will allow digital assistants such as Alexa to appear on the Windows 10 lock […]