- Twitch is one of the most entertaining gaming streaming platforms in the world with millions of active users and world class streamers.
- The worst thing in the world that can happen to gaming fans is not being able to watch the gameplay stream they want.
- If you can't watch videos on Twitch due to browser errors, this guide is the answer to all your prayers.
- Bookmark our hub dedicated to web browsers for additional guides on how to enjoy the best possible browsing experience on PC.
The error message Your browser does not support playback of this video usually appears while trying to watch a Twitch video. However, there’s a way to fix this problem once and for all.
This is how one user described the issue in the Reddit thread:
I keep getting a “media playback aborted error” when trying to use firefox. It will play fine crome. Firefox is fully updated as is window7 professional which i what I’m using. Tracking protection is off. Any idea how to fix it?
What to do if your browser doesn’t support video playback on Twitch
1. Enable media.autoplay.enabled option Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Search for media.autoplay.enabled value and make sure that it’s set to Enabled.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
2. Try a different browser
If you’re still having this problem, perhaps the best way to deal with it is to try a different browser.
UR Browser has all the features that Google Chrome has, but it’s built with user security and privacy in mind. The browser has its own malware protection as well as anti-tracking protection. In addition, there’s a built-in VPN and extra-secure private browsing mode.
Of course, UR Browser can handle multimedia better than other browsers due to its optimization, so if you’re looking for a new browser, be sure to try out UR Browser.
3. Enable software rendering
- First, hold press the Windows Key + the S button. This will open the search box.
- Type internet options in and click on the first result from the search.
- Go to the Advanced tab option.
- Locate the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering option and enable it.
5. Finally, restart your computer and check if the error still persists.
We hope that this article has been able to help you solve this video issue on Twitch.
FAQ: Learn more about Twitch videos
- Why are Twitch videos not loading?
There might be several reasons as to why Twitch videos fail to load. Here are some of the most common ones: server issues on Twitch’s side, slow Internet connection issues on the user’s side, bandwidth limitations on the user’s side.
- Why can’t I see my own Twitch stream?
If your own Twitch stream is not visible, check your Twitch profile settings and make sure there are no active settings that may prevent your stream from showing on the platform.
- Do Twitch streams get deleted?
Twitch live stream videos get deleted after 14 days for regular broadcasters, while the streams of Twitch Partners, Twitch Prime, and Twitch Turbo users get deleted after 60 days.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2019 and has since been updated for freshness and accuracy.