Twitch is the leading platform when it comes to streaming games (or any other) live content these days. The usage is seamless and intuitive on both sides, for channel handlers a.k.a streamers and viewers. However, some streamers recently run into the problem as they were unable to delete past broadcasts for some reason. They get the Twitch error when deleting the video.
As you already know, you can access previous broadcasts and take snippets as highlights and delete them later. On the other hand, here’s what one Twitch streamer shared on the official subreddit:
I got the notification that I’m part of a test, and now I can’t delete past broadcasts. I click the confirmation button, but nothing happens.
Follow the instructions below to fix the problem.
Why can’t I delete past broadcasts on Twitch?
1. Clear browser cache and cookies
Chrome and Mozilla
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete to open the “Clear browsing data” menu.
- Choose “All time” as the time range.
- Focus on deleting ‘Cookies’, ‘Cached Images and Files‘, and other site data.
- Click on the Clear Data button.
- Open Edge.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Check all the boxes and click Clear.
2. Make sure that there are no highlights from broadcast you are trying to delete
- Ensure that there are no broadcast highlights coming from the video you are trying to delete. If that’s the case, make sure to delete them first from the Video Manager section. Navigate here to access it.
- Once you’ve removed all the highlights, try deleting the video again and, hopefully, Twitch error when deleting video won’t appear.
3. Try deleting clips from a different browser or from a Manager page
- Alternatively, log into your Twitch account from an alternative browser and try like that. The only way to delete your videos is from the web-based client, so keep trying until you succeed. We highly recommend UR Browser which is a privacy-oriented Chromium-based alternative to Chrome and Mozilla.
- In addition, there seems to be a bug with the VoD section so some users weren’t able to delete videos from there. What you should do is navigate to the Video Manager section, here, and delete videos from there.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Hopefully, you were able to fix the Twitch error when deleting video with the aforementioned steps. In case you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Unable to see bits on Twitch? Here’s how you can fix this issue
- Browser does not support playback of this video Twitch error [FIX]
- Twitch error while loading followed channels [EXPERT FIX]