- Some users claimed that a Twitch error appears when deleting a video, but there are some easy fixes you can try.
- If you can't delete past broadcasts, we suggest clearing the browser's cache and cookies.
- Using a different browser might easily solve the Twitch error when deleting a video.
- To fix this issue, make sure that there are no highlights from the broadcast you are trying to delete.
Does a Twitch error appear when deleting a certain video? Make sure you read this guide completely.
Twitch is the leading platform when it comes to streaming games (or any other) live content these days. The usage is seamless and intuitive on both sides, for channel handlers a.k.a streamers and viewers.
However, some users recently run into the problem as they were unable to delete past broadcasts for some reason. They get the Twitch error when deleting the video.
As you already know, you can access previous broadcasts and take snippets as highlights and delete them later. On the other hand, here’s what one user had to say:
I got the notification that I’m part of a test, and now I can’t delete past broadcasts. I click the confirmation button, but nothing happens.
What can I do if I encounter the Twitch error deleting video?
1. Clear browser cache and cookies
1.1 Google Chrome
- Hit the Windows key, type Chrome, then click on the first result.
- Use the following keyboard shortcut to open the Clear browsing data menu: Shift + Ctrl + Delete.
- Select All time as the time range.
- Checkmark the Cookies other site data and Cached images and files sections.
- Click on the Clear Data button.
1.2 Mozilla Firefox
- Press on the Windows key, type Firefox, and open the first result.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines button from the top right corner.
- Navigate to History.
- Click on Clear Recent History.
- Click on the Time range dropdown menu and select Everything.
- Checkmark the History and Data sections, then hit the OK button.
1.3 Microsft Edge
- Press on the Windows key, type Edge, then click on the first result.
- In the upper-right corner of the window, click on the 3 horizontal dots to open Edge Menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- From the left window pane, select Privacy, search and services.
- Scroll down to the Clear browsing data section, then click on Choose what to clear.
- Drop down the Time Range menu, then select All time.
- Checkmard Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, then click on Clear now.
2. Try a different browser
Alternatively, log into your Twitch account from an alternative browser and try like that. The only way to delete your videos is from the web-based client, so keep trying until you succeed.
We highly recommend Opera GX which is a performance-oriented browser built specifically for gaming and streaming. It provides exceptional speed rates and gives you quick access to Twitch.
Opera GX comes with the highly customizable options that users of Opera are already familiarized with, but with a more specific focus.
Twitch users can integrate the platform with the browser and easily access it from a sidebar.
You can also integrate other similar platforms such as Discord, and access the GX Corner to get free games as well as information about new releases and other news in the field.
Check out some other amazing characteristics of Opera GX:
- Integrated music player that supports multiple music platforms
- Easily customizable
- Multiple compatible extensions
- Free VPN
- Integrated adblocker
If you’re looking for another option, make sure you check what are the best browsers to stream Twitch effortlessly.
Get this specifically optimized browser and enjoy Twitch and gaming platforms with no interruptions or errors.
3. Check for highlights from broadcast you are trying to delete
- Ensure that there are no broadcast highlights coming from the video you are trying to delete. If that’s the case, make sure to delete them first from the Video Manager section. Navigate here to access it.
- Once you’ve removed all the highlights, try deleting the video again and, hopefully, Twitch error when deleting the video won’t appear.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Hopefully, you were able to fix the Twitch error when deleting the video with the aforementioned steps.
In case you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.