If your Canon Printer is showing 5011 error it is mostly because the cartridge of the printer is stuck. According to Canon, the error can be fixed by the authorized Canon service centers. However, sometimes the error can be fixed by the user himself.
Are you are facing the error 5001 on your Canon printer? Try first with the power cycle sequence. That should fix the problem more times than not. On the other hand, if the problem persists, check the cartridge and consider removing it and reinserting it again. That should resolve the error 5001. Read the detailed explanation of each step below.
How to fix Canon printer error 5011 with
1. Perform a Power Cycle
The easiest fix for this error is to perform a power cycle. Doing so will flush out any broken configuration and forces the printer to add a new configuration. Here is how to do it.
- Unplug your Printers power cord as well as the USB cable that is connected to your PC.
- Keep the printer powered off for at least 3 minutes. After three minutes, plug the power cord and USB cable back and turn it on.
Check for any improvements after the printer restarts. If not, continue the troubleshooting steps.
- Power off the printer again.
- Open the printer’s lid for the scanner. Turn on the printer again keeping the lid open.
- Close the lid after the printer restarts. Check for any improvements.
2. Check the Cartridge
Since the error 5011 mostly appears if the printer cartridge is stuck, it is recommended to check for the same.
Turn off your printer and check if a piece of paper or something else is stuck in the printer jamming the cartridge. Even a small object can cause this error. So, analyze the printer thoroughly.
3. Remove and Reinsert the Cartridge
If you haven’t tried this already, try to remove and carefully reinsert the cartridge.
You can also try to clean up all the encoder strip found behind the printer. Reinsert the Cartridge after cleaning the encoder and checking for any objects stuck inside the printer.
Turn the printer on and see if the error is resolved. If the issue persists, you may need to take the printer to an authorized service center to get it fixed.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: