Your printer is capable of printing single page or multi-page documents, but many users reported that the printer does not print the whole page.
The reason for this problem can be many including misconfigured printer properties, driver errors, hardware issues or some other trivial issues. If your printer is also having these issues, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to resolve this problem.
Here’s how one user describes the issue on Microsoft Answers:
Using MS Edge, when a web page (Home Depot for instance) shows my order and has a print button. It will only print what fits on one page and doesn’t print the whole document. However, if I use chrome it works fine. I’m guessing this must be something in a setting somewhere?? Help?
What to do if printer isn’t printing?
1. Restart the Printer
- Turn the printer off.
- While the printer is off, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Now unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now plug in the power cord back to the wall outlet and then reconnect the power cord to your printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait for the printer to become idle again.
- Try to print the document and check if the full document is being printed.
2. Check the Printer Preferences
- Search printer in the Windows search bar and click on Printer and Scanner.
- Click on printer and then click Manage.
- Under “Manage your Device” click on “Printing Preferences”.
- Click the Paper or Paper/Quality tab.
- In the Type or Paper Type field, make sure Plain Paper is selected.
- Click the Print Quality filed and set it to Draft or Normal.
- Or click on the Graphics tab and select Standard for Quality.
- Click OK to saved the changes.
- Now try to print the page again and check if you are able to print full page.
3. Reinstall the print driver
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Find your printer software and click on Uninstall.
- Reboot the system.
- Now go to the printer manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model.
- Once you install them, check if the problem is still there.
Alternatively, if you want to quickly update all your drivers, try using tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to update all your drivers automatically.
4. Update the printer firmware
- If nothing seems working, try to update the printer firmware. This should resolve any issues with the printer as it will set the printer to factory default with the latest firmware.
- When the printer is on and connected to the computer, open HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads page.
- Select your printer from the list of printers and check if an update is available for your printer.
- Download and install the firmware updates.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: