Can’t browse iPhone photos in Windows 10? Here’s the fix
File Explorer usually displays connected iPhones under Devices and Drives. Then users can select their iPhones in FE to browse through their cameras’ photos and videos.
However, some users have stated on forums that their iPhones don’t appear in File Explorer. Consequently, those users can’t browse through their mobiles’ photos and videos within Explorer. T
hese are some of the resolutions that might fix iPhones which don’t show up in Explorer.
Why are my iPhone photos not loading on PC?
1. Have you Selected the Trust Option?
First, note that users need to select a Trust option which appears on their iPhones when they connect mobiles with PCs. That will give the connected desktop or laptop full access to the iPhone.
So, users need to make sure they’ve selected Trust when they first connect mobile with PC. Resetting an iPhone’s settings will ensure the Trust prompt appears when the mobile is connected.
2. Connect the iPhone to PC With a Lightning Cable
The iPhone might not show up in File Explorer for users connecting the mobiles with unofficial USB cables.
So, connect the iPhone with an Apple Lightning cable that comes with it. The Lightning cable should also enable data transfer.
In addition, try connecting the cable with an alternative USB slot on the desktop or laptop. It might be the case that the USB port isn’t working.
3. Add Some Photos to the iPhone
Note that a connected iPhone doesn’t show up in Explorer if there aren’t any photos saved on it.
Some users have stated that their iPhones showed up in File Explorer after they added photos to their mobiles.
Check if there are pictures saved on your mobile. If not, take a few snapshots with the phone’s camera and save them.
4. Reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Driver
- Some users might need to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device driver to ensure their iPhones show up in File Explorer. To do that, plug the mobile into the desktop or laptop.
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers category shown directly below.
- Double-click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver to open its properties window.
- Select the Driver tab.
- Then press the Uninstall Device button.
- Press the Uninstall button on the confirmation dialog box that opens.
- Then unplug the iPhone from PC.
- Connect the iPhone with PC again to reinstall the driver.
5. Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver
Connected iPhones might not appear in File Explorer if the Apple Mobile Device driver needs updating. To check if the Apple Mobile Device driver is outdated, first add Driver Booster 6 to Windows 10 by clicking Download on the software’s webpage.
Then connect the iPhone with PC, and launch Driver Booster 6. The software will automatically scan and provide a list of device drivers that need updating.
Press the Update All button if the software’s scan results include Apple Mobile Device USB.
6. Install Windows Media Pack on KN and N Platforms
Some users have stated that installing Windows Media Player on Win 10 platforms which don’t include that media player can fix the issue.
Users can install WMP on Windows 10 KN and N by opening a Windows Media Pack link from this page.
Open a Win 10 build version page to download it from, and then run the Windows Media Pack installer to install its software.
7. Reinstall iTunes
Reinstalling iTunes is another resolution that can potentially fix an iPhone that don’t show up in File Explorer.
That will at least ensure that iTunes and its related programs are the latest versions. Users can reinstall iTunes as follows.
- Open the Run accessory with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and click OK to open the window shown directly below.
- Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to provide further confirmation for the software removal.
- In addition, users will also need to uninstall Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and Apple Application Support via the Programs and Features Control Panel applet much the same.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the Apple software.
- Press the Get button on the iTunes UWP app page.
— RELATED: Why is my computer not authorized on iTunes?
8. Check the iTunes Folder Permissions
- Apple iPhones might not appear in File Explorer for users who don’t have full folder permissions for their iTunes folders. To fix that, open Explorer with its Windows key + E hotkey.
- Select Music on the left of Explorer.
- Right-click the iTunes subfolder and select Properties.
- Deselect the Read-only option if it’s checked, and press the Apply button.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click the Edit button to open the window in image directly below.
- Select Full Control and all the other allow check boxes under Permissions for SYSTEM. Deselect selected deny check boxes if you can’t adjust the allow settings.
- Select the Apply option.
- Then click OK to close the window.
9. Add an iPhone File Explorer to Windows
There are numerous third-party file manager software for Windows with which users can browse photos, music, and videos saved on their iPhones.
Users can utilize iPhone file explorer software to browse their phones’ photos and videos without even opening File Explorer. So, users don’t need Explorer to browse iPhones in Windows.
Macgo iPhone Explorer is one of the freeware iOS file managers for Windows. Click the Free Download button on the software’s page to save the installer for iPhone Explorer.
Then users can add that software to Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista with its setup wizard. Connect a phone with PC, open iPhone Explorer’s window, and click Media Files to browse photos and videos with the software.
Those fixes will probably ensure iPhones shows up in File Explorer so that users can browse their mobiles’ photos and images within Windows. Any users who have fixed the issue with alternative methods are welcome to share their resolutions below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- iTunes Doesn’t Recognize iPhone on Windows 10 [Fix]
- Fix: Can’t Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
- 5 best iPhone file manager tools for Windows PC users
One of the biggest differences between Waze and other GPS navigation software is the alerts system. Waze benefits from a user input system that allows […]