- If you can't browser iPhone photos on your PC, you should try reinstalling the problematic drivers.
- Before trying to access files, make sure that your device is set as Trusted and that you’re using a certified cable.
- If the phone is not showing files on your PC, be sure to check iTunes folder permissions.
Being able to access your files is important, but many users reported that they can’t browse iPhone photos on their PC.
However, some users have stated on forums that their iPhones don’t appear in File Explorer. This issue is relatively common, and in some cases, even Windows 11 is not recognizing iPhone.
These are some of the resolutions that might fix iPhones that don’t show up in Explorer.
What to do if I can’t browse iPhone photos in Windows 10 & 11?
1. Reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Driver
- Plug the mobile into the desktop or laptop.
- Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
- Double-click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver to open its properties window.
- Select the Driver tab, and press the Uninstall Device button.
- Press the Uninstall button on the confirmation dialog box that opens.
- Then unplug the iPhone from the PC.
- Connect the iPhone with the PC again to reinstall the driver.
Reinstalling this driver can help you if you can’t view iPhone pictures on Windows 10, so be sure to try it.
2. Use a media manager and set the downloader to open automatically
Well, Bridge is mostly known for its flexible batch processing features, drag-and-drop file flexibility, and quick organization and stacking of panoramic and HDR images.
Installing it is a job of mere seconds, so there’s nothing stopping you. Then, set it so the downloader opens automatically when you plug in your iPhone.
If iPhone is not showing up in File Explorer, Adobe Bridge might be a great alternative, so be sure to try it out.
3. Select the Trust option
- Connect the iPhone to your PC.
- Now tap Trust on your iOS device.
- After doing that, check if the device is recognized.
4. Connect the iPhone to PC with a Lightning cable
Some users reported that iPhone is not showing up in File Explorer if they are using unofficial USB cables.
So, connect the iPhone with an Apple Lightning cable that comes with it. The Lightning cable should also enable data transfer.
In addition, try connecting the cable with an alternative USB slot on the desktop or laptop. It might be the case that the USB port isn’t working.
5. Add some photos to the iPhone
Note that a connected iPhone doesn’t show up in Explorer if there aren’t any photos saved on it.
Some users have stated that their iPhones showed up in File Explorer after they added photos to their mobiles.
Check if there are pictures saved on your mobile. If not, take a few snapshots with the phone’s camera and save them.
6. Update the Apple Mobile Device Driver
Connected iPhones might not appear in File Explorer if the Apple Mobile Device driver needs updating. To check if the Apple Mobile Device driver is outdated, first add DriverFix to Windows 10.
Then connect the iPhone with the PC, and launch DriverFix. The software will automatically scan and provide a list of device drivers that need updating.
Press the Update All button if the software’s scan results include Apple Mobile Device USB.
7. Install Windows Media Pack on KN and N platforms
- Press the Windows key + S and type optional. Select Manage optional features.
- Now click on Add a feature.
- Select Media Feature Pack and click on Install.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Some users have stated that installing Windows Media Player on Windows versions which doesn’t include that media player can fix the issue.
After installing the necessary components, the issue should be gone.
8. Reinstall iTunes
- Open the Run accessory with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input appwiz.cpl in Run and click OK.
- Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to provide further confirmation for the software removal.
- In addition, users will also need to uninstall:
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Application Support
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the Apple software.
- Now go ahead and install iTunes again.
If you can’t view iPhone photos on PC, reinstalling the iTunes software can help, so be sure to try it.
9. Check the iTunes folder permissions
- Open Explorer with its Windows key + E hotkey.
- Select Music.
- Right-click the iTunes subfolder and select Properties.
- Deselect the Read-only option if it’s checked, and press the Apply button.
- Select the Security tab. Click the Edit button.
- Select Full Control and all the other allow check boxes under Permissions for SYSTEM. Deselect selected deny check boxes if you can’t adjust the allow settings.
- Select the Apply option and click OK to close the window.
If you can’t access iPhone pictures on PC, you should know that modifying your security permissions can help.
10. Add an iPhone File Explorer to Windows
There is numerous file manager software for Windows with which users can browse photos, music, and videos saved on their iPhones.
Users can utilize iPhone file explorer software to browse their phones’ photos and videos without even opening File Explorer. So, users don’t need Explorer to browse iPhones in Windows.
After installing the software, just connect your iPhone and it should be automatically recognized. Using this software is a great workaround if you can’t see iPhone photos in Windows Explorer, so be sure to try it.
What can I do if I can’t browse iPhone photos on Windows 11?
Although the solutions presented in this guide are for Windows 10, the two operating systems are rather similar, and most solutions can be applied to the latest version as well.
If you’re using Windows 11, feel free to use any of the solutions from this guide since they will surely help you fix any problems that you may have.
Those fixes will probably ensure iPhones shows up in File Explorer so that users can browse their mobiles’ photos and images within Windows.
If you’re having more issues, we suggest reading our iPhone AutoPlay not working guide for more information.
Any users who have fixed the issue with alternative methods are welcome to share their resolutions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get photos off your iPhone without iTunes, simply download Adobe Bridge on your PC and follow the procedure detailed in our article.
You cannot transfer photos from iPhone to PC if you haven’t selected the Trust option or if your iPhone doesn’t show up in File Explorer.
To transfer photos, connect your iPhone to the PC, tap the notification that shows up, and choose the option that says Import photos and videos. If you can’t transfer photos from iPhone, refer to our detailed guide.