Can’t connect securely to this page [ERROR FIX]
Edge, Chrome and IE users have stated that some webpages don’t open for them in that browser. A “Can’t connect securely to this page” tab opens when they try to open a required page. The tab states, “This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website’s owner.” These are a few of the resolutions that have fixed the page connect error for some Edge users.
Can’t connect securely to this page error
1. Select the TLS Settings
The “Can’t connect securely to this page” tab states that the issue might be due to TLS settings. So, that’s a clue for the resolution. Some Edge users have fixed page connect error by selecting the TLS options as follows.
- Press the Type here to search button to Open Cortana’s search box.
- Enter the keyword ‘internet options‘ in the search box.
- Select Internet Options to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Then scroll down to and select the SSL and TLS check boxes shown directly below.
- Press the Apply button to apply the options.
- Select the OK button to close the window.
2. Enable Mixed Content
Edge will block more pages when the Display mixed content isn’t enabled. As such, enabling mixed content might resolve the “Can’t connect securely to this page” error. This is how you can enable mixed content.
- Open the Internet Properties window by entering ‘internet options‘ in Cortana and selecting Internet Options.
- Then select the Security tab.
- Press the Custom level option to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- First, select Medium on the Reset to drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Display mixed content option shown directly below.
- Select the Enable radio button for the Display mixed content option.
- Click the OK button.
3. Turn Off Third-Party Anti-Virus Utilities
Some Edge users have confirmed that disabling their third-party anti-virus utilities fixed the “Can’t connect securely to this page” issue for them. To disable anti-virus software, right-click its system tray icon and select a disable or turn off option on its context menu. Alternatively, open the software’s primary window and look for a disable option on its settings tab. You can also remove anti-virus utilities from the Windows 10 startup as follows.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the Win + X menu.
- Select Task Manager to open the utility’s window.
- Select the Start-up tab to open a list of startup items.
- Select your anti-virus utility there, and press the Disable button.
- Restart your laptop or desktop.
The Settings app also includes startup software options in the latest Windows 10 build. To configure startup software with Settings, enter ‘apps’ in Cortana’s search box. Select Apps & features and click Start-up to open the Startup app list shown directly below. Then you can toggle the anti-virus software off from there.
4. Update Network Drives
Edge’s page connect error might also be due to incompatible network drivers. You can update and fix drivers with the freeware version of Driver Booster 5. Press the Free Download button on this page to add the software to Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7. The software automatically scans drivers. Then you can select to Update Now to update outdated network drivers that aren’t compatible with your Windows platform.
One, or more, of those resolutions might fix the “Can’t connect securely to this page” error so that you can browse the page that otherwise isn’t opening in Edge. If you have another resolution for the page connect error, feel free to share it below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The identity of this website or the integrity of this connection cannot be verified [FIX]
- Fix: “There is a problem connecting securely to this website” invalid certificate error
- Fix: ‘Err_connection_aborted’ issue in Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]