Can’t Download Games from Xbox Game Pass? 6 Fixes to Pick From
Do not hesitate to check for Region and Time settings
- Users reported they have been rendered unable to download new games from Xbox Game Pass out of the blue.
- If your hard drive isn't provisioned and set up properly, installation access will be denied.
- The problem can be easily fixed by tinkering with your computer settings and Microsoft account.
Microsoft offers Game Pass, a membership service that grants you unlimited access to over 100 games that can be played from any location. This means that you won’t have to purchase the game individually for the Xbox and the computer.
However, a few customers reported that they had been rendered unable to download and install any of the offered games.
During the installation of a game through the Xbox software on Windows 11, you will be given the option to specify which hard drive will be used to store the content. If your hard drive has not been provisioned, then the installation access will be refused from continuation.
In this post, we will go over all of the possible solutions to the error, as well as any other pertinent information that may be used during the troubleshooting process. But first and foremost, let’s take a look at what Xbox Game Pass has to offer for you.
Why won’t my Game Pass games work?
Xbox Game Pass users usually reports issues on the computer, which could be due to several reasons, ranging from missing critical updates to corruption with the Xbox app.
Also, incorrect date and time settings on your device could also lead to issues connecting to the server and, in turn, playing online games. Besides, if the services are down, the Xbox PC app will not be downloading games.
In addition to these aspects, make sure to verify that your Xbox subscription is active. Several users who came across the issue later realized that their subscription had expired.
What does the Xbox Game Pass do?
Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass is a video game subscription service that allows you to play a variety of games. It is compatible with Xbox One consoles, Xbox Series X/S consoles, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers, as well as Android mobile devices.
With the Xbox Game Pass app, you can play more than 100 high-quality games on your Xbox One. Using this feature, you may instantly explore and play the 100+ Xbox games available, as well as download your favorite games on your Xbox console or PC.
Xbox Game Pass is available for $9.99 a month on both consoles and PCs through a subscription plan. The monthly cost of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is $14.99. The latter subscribers get access to Xbox Cloud Gaming as a bonus.
On June 24, 2021, Microsoft announced the release of Windows 11, the company’s latest operating system. There are several new features and upgrades in Windows 11, including the introduction of the Xbox Game Pass, which will be incorporated directly into the operating system.
Windows 11 will also have three additional gaming features: DirectX 12 Ultimate, DirectStorage API, and Auto HDR, all of which will be extremely beneficial to gamers.
What should I do if I can’t download games from Xbox Game Pass on Windows 11?
1. Change your region
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I, then navigate to the Time & language section, and select the Language & region option.
- Now set your Country or region to the United States, under the Region section.
By using this simple approach, you might be able to work around the error and gain access to the desired games. In case that doesn’t work, we recommend trying VPNs such as Private Internet Access and then changing your region.
2. Server Error
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to missing or corrupted system files and repositories of your Windows.
Be sure to use a dedicated tool, such as Fortect, which will scan and replace your broken files with their fresh versions from its repository.
Any single game in Game Pass may be experiencing technical difficulties, which may be the fault of the creators or the Microsoft Windows store, respectively.
If you can’t download a specific game, it is possible that the server is overloaded or that it is unavailable for maintenance.
In most cases, developers will notify consumers of any issues using their official social media accounts, such as Twitter, or through their official developer website.
Because of this, make sure to check the official social media pages of the company to see if the game servers are down.
Purchasing your Xbox Game Pass from an unlicensed source may be a contributing factor to this problem. Always ensure that you purchase your Xbox Game Pass subscription from the official website, where you can obtain access to all of the Xbox Game Pass titles for only $9.99/month!
3. Reset the Windows Store cache
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, then type wsreset in the search bar, and click on the most relevant result.
- Wait for the command to execute in order to reset the Windows Store cache, then restart the Xbox app.
4. Run Windows troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, navigate to System in the left panel, followed by Troubleshoot from the right side.
- Once you are inside the Troubleshoot menu, click on the Other trouble-shooters option.
- Now scroll down until you meet the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and click Run next to it.
When the troubleshooter has finished searching for errors, it will reveal the specific bug that has happened as well as instructions on how to fix it. It is critical that you follow the instructions given exactly as they are written.
5. Repair the app
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, then go to Apps, followed by Apps & features.
- Once you are inside the Apps & features window, search for Xbox in the search bar, then click on the ellipsis next to it, followed by Advanced options.
- Scroll down until you find the Reset section, then click on the Repair button.
Allow the Repair process to complete before proceeding with a computer reboot to ensure that the modifications made are applied.
6. Reset the app
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings window and click on Apps followed by Apps & features.
- Once you’re inside the Apps & features window, search for the Xbox app by typing it in the search bar and click on the three-dot menu, followed by Advanced options.
- Scroll down until you find the Reset section, then click on the Reset button.
Once done, things would start working if you can’t download games from the game pass.
How do I reset my Xbox Game Pass?
You can easily reset the Xbox Game Pass apps installed on the computer through the system settings. Just look for the game, and reset it through the Advanced options.
The steps for the same have been detailed in the last solution of the previous section. Resetting the game will take some time, but once done, any problems with the game should be resolved.
What does the Xbox All Access do?
Lately, Microsoft has been promoting its Xbox All Access financing package even more aggressively than it has in the past in the hopes of luring consumers to form long-term attachments to its new Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles.
Rather than paying the entire amount for a gadget upfront, All Access allows customers to pay a monthly charge over the course of 24 months, saving them money. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is included for the duration of the contract, making it a valuable addition to any gaming collection.
The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate component of the package cannot be removed to reduce costs throughout a contract’s period of validity.
And, it is impossible to cancel an All Access contract after the first 30 days because it is a legally binding agreement rather than a subscription, nor is it possible to obtain a new console outside of the restricted warranty coverage period.
You now know what to do if Windows 11 Xbox app is not downloading games or if the Xbox Game Pass download is stuck at 0.
Besides, these methods would also work if you encounter the Xbox Game Pass error 0x00000001ac while downloading or installing games.
Also, find out how to fix Game Pass games installation on PC. Alternatively, learn what to do if you can’t select the desired drive in the Xbox app in Windows 11.
Let us know in the comments below which solution worked best for you as well as which Xbox game is your favorite one at the moment. Thanks for reading!
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.