- The Xbox Game Pass is an excellent source for gamers to get their favorite PC and Xbox games.
- The guide below will help those that have trouble installing Xbox Game Pass games on their PC.
- Need more help with your Xbox? Luckily, we have an entire Xbox section filled with articles.
- Avid gamers might also like to check out the articles from our Gaming section as well!
Microsoft offers Game Pass, a subscription service that offers unlimited access to over 100 games that you can play anywhere. This means you don’t need to buy the game separately for the Xbox as well as PC.
However, some users have reported that they are unable to install game pass games on PC. This appears to be a common issue and can be resolved with some tinkering with your PC and Microsoft account. Here’s one user’s say on the matter.
I recently added the Game Pass 14 day trial to my account. It’s pretty good and has decent games for it’s small price, though I can’t install any of the game included
Fix the error by following the steps below.
How do I make Xbox Game Pass work on PC?
1. Change Region on your PC
- Then, click on Start and select Settings.
- Select the Time and Language option.
- Click on Region under Time and Language.
- Click the drop-down menu for Country or Region and select one of the countries that were listed on the Game Pass supported country page, here.
- Reboot the computer (optional).
- Launch the Microsoft Store and try to install the Game Pass Game.
Alternatively, you could also change the region of your PC by changing the server of your VPN.
If you don’t own a VPN, then you better try Private Internet Access immediately. It has over 1400 servers in 46 different countries all around the world, guaranteeing you complete coverage and no geo-blocking.
This service maintained and distributed by Kape Technologies is extremely stable, allowing you to complete privacy from the government and even your ISP without affecting your connection speed at all.
This means that you can go ahead and game all you want and still maintain the VPN service active, since lag will no longer be an issue.
Private Internet Access
Go ahead and give Private Internet Access a try and installing games from your favorite platforms should no longer be a problem!
2. Server Error
- If you are facing the problem with any specific game in Game Pass then the issue can be with the developers or the Microsoft Windows store.
- At times, the server may get busy or down for maintenance.
- Developers usually update the users about any issue on their official media account like Twitter or on the official developer website.
- So make sure you check the official social media account of the developer to see if the game servers are down.
Note: Buying your Xbox Game Pass from unauthorized retailers can also be a cause of this issue. Always make sure you get a subscription from the official website only, where you can gain access to all of the Xbox Game Pass titles for only $9.99/month!
3. Reset Windows Store Cache
- Press the Windows key and type wsreset.
- From the search result, click on Wsreset (Run command) option.
- Wait for the command to execute and that should reset the Windows Store cache. Launch the Windows Store app and check for any improvements. If not, try the next solution.
4. Run Windows Store Troubleshooter
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Choose Update and security.
- Click on Troubleshoot option.
- Scroll down and click on Windows Store Apps and click on Run the Troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will scan the system for any problem related to the Windows Store and recommend fixes accordingly.
- Wait for the fixes to apply and then relaunch Windows Store. Check if the error is resolved and if you are able to install Game Pass games.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.