Sorry we can’t get to your account right now Excel error
A great number of users have encountered the Sorry we can’t get to your account right now Excel error. This error seems to happen on almost all Office 365 applications, and it can cause a lot of stress.
This can, of course, cause complications at your workplace, stop you from finishing that project for school, etc.
Because of the fact that we understand how important it is for you to be able to access your Excel data whenever you need it, in this article we will show you how to fix this issue.
How can I fix Sorry we can’t get to your account right now Excel error?
1. Sign out and sign in again
- Even though this might seem like a silly fix, some users have reported that it helped them. Because it is a very easy step to try, it is recommended that you see how your PC reacts to doing this.
- This solution works because it sends a packet of information to the Microsoft servers, thus refreshing the data transfer between the servers.
- To follow this method, you can simply open Microsoft Excel, log out of your Office 365 account, and then log in like you normally would. In case this method doesn’t help you, please try the next method.
2. Run both DISM and SFC commands in PowerShell
For DISM command:
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard -> select PowerShell (Admin).
- Inside the PowerShell window ->type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Press Enter and wait for the process to complete (the process might take a few minutes to start and about 30 minutes to complete).
- After this process is completed, please also run the next command.
For SFC command:
- Press Win+X keys -> select PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- Type this command in PowerShell -> sfc /scannow -> press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete -> type Exit -> press Enter.
3. Check your Windows Firewall and antivirus software
- If you are using Avast antivirus, try stopping it, or closing the antivirus protection temporarily (no matter if it’s Avast or another program), and then try to log into your account on Microsoft Excel.
- This method should solve your issue. In the case that you can log into Excel normally after this step, you can choose from two options:
- completely uninstall Avast antivirus and change it with another antivirus.
- update your Avast antivirus to the latest version (the developers at Avast have worked on a fix to this issue).
In today’s guide, we explored the best way to deal with the issue when trying to log into your Microsoft Excel account on Windows 10.
Please let us know if this guide helped you by commenting below.
- My printer cannot print Excel files [GUARANTEED FIX]
- Microsoft brings dynamic arrays to all Excel 365 users
- How to fix Excel error: There’s a problem with this formula
There are instances in which Power BI uses a lot of memory, especially when it comes to old PCs. So, to minimize memory and also […]
The PBIX file extension belongs to Microsoft Power BI, the enterprise solution for data virtualization. Thus, the best way to open it is, you guess, […]