Microsoft brought many exciting changes with Windows 10, and one of the biggest changes was a new browser, Microsoft Edge. This browser is designed as an Internet Explorer replacement, but users reported certain problems with Edge. According to users, they can’t print from Edge in Windows 10.
Here are some error messages you may encounter on the way:
- Microsoft Edge won’t print
- Microsoft Edge printing problems
- Unable to print from Edge
- We couldn’t reach this printer Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge won’t connect to a printer
- Microsoft Edge prints blank pages
Also, many users reported that Edge prints other pages than it displays. But have no fear, the solution is here!
Can’t print from Microsoft Edge: how to fix that?
Table of contents:
- Use Ctrl + P shortcut
- Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Set a different default printer
- Select print option from the menu
- Use Print to PDF or any other virtual printer
- Try using older drivers
- Use Developer Tools
- Edit the registry
- Try using a different browser
- Download the latest updates
Solution 1 – Use Ctrl + P shortcut
Microsoft Edge is a Universal app and shortcuts are fully supported in Universal apps, which means that you can use print shortcuts inside Edge as well.
Users reported that they can’t print in Edge, but by using Ctrl + P shortcut they can start printing process without any problems.
Solution 2 – Run Printer troubleshooter
According to users, you can fix problems with Microsoft Edge and printing by running a Printer troubleshooter. To do that follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter printers. Select Devices and Printers from the menu.
- Set a new default printer by right-clicking it and then choose to Set as default printer from the menu.
- Locate the problematic printer, right-click it and choose Troubleshoot. Be sure that the selected printer isn’t set as default.
- Before clicking the Apply fix button, set the printer that you’re troubleshooting as default. After doing that click the Apply fix button.
Solution 3 – Set a different default printer
One workaround that users discovered is to set a new default printer by going to the Devices and Printers section.
After setting a new default printer you need to set your previous printer as a default one again.
In addition, you can also try selecting a different printer in Edge print dialog before selecting your default one.
Solution 4 – Select print option from the menu
According to some users, you can fix this problem by using the Print option from the menu. To do that follow these steps:
- Click the More menu in the top right corner.
- Choose Print from the menu.
Solution 5 – Use Print to PDF or any other virtual printer
If you can’t print from Microsoft Edge, you can try using Print to PDF feature.
With this feature, you’ll print a page that you want to a PDF file and you can just print that PDF file from your PC. To print to PDF from Microsoft Edge do the following:
- Click the More button in the top right corner and select Print.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF as your printer and click Print button.
- Choose a save location for your PDF file.
- Locate the PDF file and print it.
This isn’t the best solution, but it’s a decent workaround so you might want to give it a try.
Solution 6 – Try using older drivers
Users reported that they managed to fix this problem after installing an older version of printer drivers.
If you can’t print from Edge you might have to remove your printer drivers and then install older drivers for your printer.
Solution 7 – Use Developer Tools
All modern browsers have Developer Tools feature that allows you to see the source code of a certain website, and so does Microsoft Edge. To fix problems with printing with Microsoft Edge do the following:
- Click the More button in Edge and choose Developer Tools.
- Once the Developer Tools open switch to different tabs and close the tool.
- Try printing again.
This is a rather strange workaround but users reported that it works for them, so you might want to try it.
Solution 8 – Edit the registry
According to users, you can fix this problem by editing your registry. This is a simple procedure and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R, enter regedit and press Enter or click OK to open Registry Editor.
- In the left pane navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main key.
- Right-click the empty space on the right pane and choose New > String Value.
- Enter AlwaysUseDefaultPrinter as the name of the new String Value and double click it.
- In the Value data field enter yes and click OK to save changes.
- Close the Registry Editor and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 9 – Try using a different browser
If you need to print something urgently from a webpage, you can always use a different browser. In fact, you can switch to Internet Explorer.
To do that simply click the More icon in the top right corner and choose Open with Internet Explorer.
After opening the page in Internet Explorer or any other browser you should be able to print without any problems.
Solution 10 – Download the latest updates
Microsoft is constantly working on Windows 10, and if you can’t print from Edge in Windows 10, you might be able to fix this problem by downloading the latest updates.
To make sure that you have the latest updates installed visit the Windows Update section.
Not being able to print from Edge can be a big problem, but you can fix it by using one of our solutions. If you still can’t print from Edge on Windows 10, tell us in the comments section below. We might have additional steps to recommend.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best cookie cleaner software for your Windows 10 PC
- 4 best browsers with built-in VPN you should use
- Top 9 lightweight browsers for Windows PCs