Here’s what to do if you can’t print from Chrome
Google Chrome is a great browser, but some users reported that they can’t print from Chrome at all. This is actually a very common problem among the users of Google Chrome on Windows 10. Since this is such a prevalent issue, in today’s article we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
How can I fix problems while printing from Chrome browser?
- Delete local browsing history and uninstall Google Chrome
- Delete the printers you don’t use
- Press the CTRL + SHIFT + P shortcut
1. Delete local browsing history and uninstall Google Chrome
Deleting your local browser history can sometimes help if you can’t print from Chrome. This is quite a simple solution, and you can do it by following these steps:
- You have to open Google Chrome and go to the Settings menu > More tools > Clear browsing data.
- Set the time to All time -> Check if the boxes associates with Browsing history, Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data are checked -> Press Clear data to start the deleting process -> Close Google Chrome when the process is complete.
- Enter Windows key + R in order to open the option Run Command -> type appwiz.cpl -> Press Enter to be able to open Programs and Features.
- Here, in Program and Feature you’ll have to scroll down -> Right-click on Google Chrome -> Click on Uninstall.
- If a message appears asking if you want to delete the local browsing history of Google Chrome, press Accept and after Next.
- Now that you have uninstalled Chrome, make sure to restart your computer and use the default browser that you have to download the newest version installer of Google Chrome.
- Follow the steps to install the newly downloaded version on Chrome and verify if now you can print using Google Chrome.
Another method to uninstall Chrome is to use uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller. This software will completely remove Chrome from your PC and prevent any future problems once you reinstall Chrome.
- Get Revo Uninstaller Pro version
If this solution didn’t work for you, please find below another two that we hope it will help you.
2. Delete the printers you don’t use
Apparently, Google Cloud Print has more than one active printers. So, this may be also one of the reasons why you can’t print from Chrome. From our experience, some other users have succeeded in solving this issue and it wasn’t necessary for them to uninstall Google Chrome at all.
You just need to make sure that you are managing Google Cloud Print in the right way. All you’ll need to do is to delete all the extra printers that are not used.
- Open Chrome -> click the Menu button -> select Settings.
- Here, in the Setting section, scroll down and press Advanced. Next scroll down the list -> click on Google Cloud Print.
- Navigate to Manage Cloud Print Devices. Next press the Manage button next to the other printers that you don’t currently use. Press Delete to delete the printer.
- Now that you have only one printer left, restart your computer or just Google Chrome and see if the problem has been fixed. Hopefully, now you’ll be able to print directly using Google Chrome.
If this solution also didn’t work for you, move to the next solution.
3. Press the CTRL + SHIFT + P shortcut
If the solution presented before it’s not working for you, we have also an easier one. This one is also very simple and it will help you save a lot of time. Using this combination CTRL + SHIFT + P, you might be able to temporarily solve the problem.
This combination is only a quick workaround, but if you want to solve the problem for good, you’ll have to fix the issues that caused Google Print to send errors.
We hope that this article and solutions we gave you helped you and that now you are able to print directly by using Google Chrome. In most cases, if you can’t print from Chrome, you just need to clear your cache and reinstall Chrome and the problem should be resolved.
- Printer won’t print on Windows 10 [FIX]
- What to do if your Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable
- Here is what to do when Google Docs won’t print
- How to fix Adobe Acrobat “This document could not be printed” errors
- Fix: “Printer needs user intervention” error in Windows 10
Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update a few days ago adding a long list of new features and improvements to the […]
Magic Mouse is an Apple mouse that users can also utilize within Windows 10. However, some users have stated in forums that Magic Mouse scrolling […]
Microsoft previously announced that it will roll out the 19H1 update in May 2019. The software giant preferred to release the first 2019 build update […]